Chicago Cubs... dumbest baseball organization

CarlosSilva

Liked Posts:
I read about this but didn't know if was true. Where did you hear about it?

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumb....really dumb.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
There goes my fantasy rotation. Now I have to put up with Jaime Garcia.

I hear that he suggested this move himself actually.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Until I actually see it on the Cubs site I won't buy it, but either way they need to dump him. His performance has fallen way off. They really should try to trade him, although like Soriano, I don't know who would take his contract.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like him, especially as a Sox fan, and I don't think he's a front line starter, but he doesn't suck.

Good post. By no means does Zambrano suck, this is coming from a Cardinals fan.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't see this anywhere. But it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. The SF Giants did it to Barry Zito a couple of years ago. Sometimes to take a step forward, you need to take a step back

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a horrid move. They're moving him to the 'Pen and they're keeping Silva in the rotation? While Silva has been good, it won't last.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a horrid move. They're moving him to the 'Pen and they're keeping Silva in the rotation? While Silva has been good, it won't last.

If it is temporary, I don't see this as a problem

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^^^i dont want Z in the pen

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Right now though that is where he needs to be. Maybe he will start to focus on pitching and pounding the strike zone like he used to and not worrying about hitting. There is not one person that can deny he hasn't been horrible or sucked the last year in a half. Basically since his no hitter.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I don't really get why they're doing this. Since that Opening day disaster, Z has been alright. Not great, but he has turned in performances easily acceptable from a starter. Since that one horrible start, he's pitched 18 innings and given up 9 runs, with a K/BB of 3.125. It's not his fault his offense has only given him 7 runs of support during his last 3 outings.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
I read about this but didn't know if was true. Where did you hear about it?

I got sources, haha. Now it's up on the site. Twitter is an amazing place.

After discussing it with my father, maybe it's a good thing. We don't know everything that's going on with the team. Maybe Zambrano is acting like a child. He seems to be laughing at this fuck ups lately rather than getting angry. Maybe he's saying 'Hey, I got my money. Eff you all.' We really don't know. But Lilly should only improve our rotation (hopefully) and throwing Z in the pen I guess really can only improve it. Throw him in for a couple innings after your starter has a very awesome quality start and maybe you won't lose the game like you would if you put Spellcheck in (that would be samardzija). If Marmol starts to loss it as the closer, throw Z in, we should be able to get at least two or three good innings out of him.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I got sources, haha. Now it's up on the site. Twitter is an amazing place.

After discussing it with my father, maybe it's a good thing. We don't know everything that's going on with the team. Maybe Zambrano is acting like a child. He seems to be laughing at this fuck ups lately rather than getting angry. Maybe he's saying 'Hey, I got my money. Eff you all.' We really don't know. But Lilly should only improve our rotation (hopefully) and throwing Z in the pen I guess really can only improve it. Throw him in for a couple innings after your starter has a very awesome quality start and maybe you won't lose the game like you would if you put Spellcheck in (that would be samardzija). If Marmol starts to loss it as the closer, throw Z in, we should be able to get at least two or three good innings out of him.

I don't think Z has the control to be a closer, and like I said in an earlier post, his contribution since that horrid Opening Day start hasn't been bad at all. If the Cubs are bumping Z out of the rotation because they want to insert Lilly but also ride the hot hand of CARLOS SILVA, this organization is even dumber than I thought. I'm sorry, Cubs fans, but have fun with this.

grenade007

Liked Posts:
well hopefully we can get some permanent bullpen help by the end of the month. i also think its about that time to move up castro and move theriot to 2nd

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone want to move Castro up so quick? Give him another year in the minors, a September call up then work from there. No need to bring him up this quick.