1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nah. Gordon gonna :sweep: :deer:

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excellent work on the Chase thread, Fisch. :beer: I'm gonna have to sleep on who I think will win it though. I'm leaning towards the 24 team right now, however.

J

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can't honestly bet against 5 time until he loses.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think there's going to be about 11 drivers in the chase who will be hell-bent on keeping #48 out of the winners circle.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, and as you may have noticed, I ended up voting for Brad Keselowski. There's no doubt about it, the kid's on fire right now. Plus, he has all the hallmarks of your quintessential 'Dark Horse'.

J

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Well while it's hard to pick against JJ, I do think Gordon and maybe Kyle has a good chance to dethrone him this year. And maybe even Kurt Busch himself will make sure Jimmie doesn't win again. BK is for sure a dark horse. And Harvick now has some momentum, watch him too.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to Joliet this weekend. All three races plus pit passes :buttrock:

Oh, and as you may have noticed, I ended up voting for Brad Keselowski. There's no doubt about it, the kid's on fire right now. Plus, he has all the hallmarks of your quintessential 'Dark Horse'.

J

I was wondering who voted for Crashalotski :lmao:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to Joliet this weekend. All three races plus pit passes :buttrock:

I was wondering who voted for Crashalotski :lmao:

Cool! Have fun:p

I really think Jeff Gordon has a great chance but whoever said it's hard to pick against JJ is right. But I certainly hope he doesn't win again

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone going to the hauler parade tomorrow?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kurt Busch apologizes after losing cool

This is the first I've heard of this, but apparently Kurt Busch threw a temper tantrum after being called out by a reporter last Saturday night. :crying:

By David Newton
ESPN.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kurt Busch has apologized to the two reporters he had confrontations with following Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway.

Busch, upset over a question about his ongoing feud with Jimmie Johnson, had to be physically separated from NASCAR.com reporter Joe Menzer on pit road.

Later inside the media center, answering a question from Associated Press reporter Jenna Fryer, Busch denied saying he was inside Johnson's head. When Fryer tried to show him the Dodge Motorsports transcript after the press conference Busch took it away and tore it up.

Busch said during Tuesday's Dodge Motorsports conference call that he was excited over battling back for a fifth-place finish and "ready to celebrate," not be asked about being "dumped deliberately" by the five-time defending champion.

"I've apologized to those two guys, the individuals," Busch said.

Busch also hopes he and Johnson, who have had several run-ins over the past 16 months, will drive smarter around each other when the 10-race Chase begins on Sunday at Chicagoland Speedway.

"We talked about it afterwards," Busch said. "We don't need to continue to wreck racecars, but we do need to continue to put on a good show. That's what our fans pay for. They want to see a genuine rivalry.

"For him and I, we are going to continue to race each other hard, but we know it's championship time now."

Busch first spun out Johnson on lap 185 of Saturday's 400-lap race. When Johnson returned to the track later he purposefully spun Busch out. That was a continuation of their feud that has seen run-ins at Infineon Raceway, Chicagoland, New Hampshire and Pocono over the last two seasons.

"I'm just not going to let people run our race car over," Johnson said after the race. "There's been a lot of contact going on, and that's why I retaliated tonight. It was a good time to do it."

Busch's post-race issues began when Menzer attempted to ask if he or Johnson could win the championship as long as they continued their feud. Busch interrupted halfway through the question, gave a pointed answer and walked away.

As he walked away, Menzer told Busch it was a legitimate question considering the history between the two drivers. According to multiple reports, Busch turned back toward Menzer and began a profanity-laced tirade, then approached him before being physically restrained by members of his Penske Racing team.

Inside the media center Busch was asked by Fryer about his comment that "I know we're inside his (Johnson's) head."

"I did not say that tonight," Busch said as he sat a table with Johnson on the opposite end. "I did not."

When Fryer showed Busch the transcript of his comments after the press conference Busch snatched it away, tore it up and threw it down on the desk.

Busch also challenged the first reporter again in the media center.

NASCAR officials said there would be no repercussions from the incidents.

Busch said moving forward he is focused on the championship, believing this is his best opportunity to win a title since he took the 2004 crown for Roush Fenway Racing.

Source

J