Greatest team ever/Greatest bulls team ever

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Show me where it says that seattle nixed that possible trade. It was my understanding that the bulls backed out. Here's a conversation johhny bach had that was posted about the bulls, jordan, pippen being traded, and pippen

Great stories about Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and the Chicago Bulls by Johnny Bach - DSY's posterous

Bach does say that krause mayve wanted to trade him because of that 1.8 incident. But the coaches looked at him as if he was crazy for even consider trading him. And that included phil jackson. I reaaly believe he (krause) just didn't like pippen and saw an opportunity to get rid of him.

He also says that jordan and pippen made each other better. "Terrific" was the word he used.

Johnny Bach is one real dude.

And the way he stood up for Pippen against the moronic management showed his loyalty to his guys he coached and mentored...Krause was an idiot to let him go....Why don't people like Bach run the NBA instead of assholes like Stern..

Great guy

Thank you, one of the best articles I have read in some time...very very entertaining and deep.

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Bach also had a problem with Phil Jackson during that time.

But...here is a Chicago Sun-Times article about it. I always heard it was Seattle that nixed that trade...

The Trade-Off // Pippen-for-Kemp Near-Deal Would Have Changed Course of History - Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research

Interesting. I stand corrected. But I still don't think he wanted to trade pippen cuz he felt he wasn't good enough. He wanted to trade pippen cuz they couldn't stand each other.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Interesting. I stand corrected. But I still don't think he wanted to trade pippen cuz he felt he wasn't good enough. He wanted to trade pippen cuz they couldn't stand each other.

I think it was a little bit of both. The 1.8 seconds thing just added fuel to the fire. It was tangible evidence to support what he believed. That is just my opinion. Plus he had Kukoc...Kemp and Kukoc would have been a very interesting pairing at that point in their careers. I am sure Krause thought Kukoc would have been a more than adequate replacement as the point forward.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I think it was a little bit of both. The 1.8 seconds thing just added fuel to the fire. It was tangible evidence to support what he believed. That is just my opinion. Plus he had Kukoc...Kemp and Kukoc would have been a very interesting pairing at that point in their careers. I am sure Krause thought Kukoc would have been a more than adequate replacement as the point forward.

Although Scottie was much better than Kucoc, you are right that Kucoc and Kemp would of been a very decent starting front court..Plus Kucoc was a great psser with pointguard type skills....Themain problem would of been, without Kucoc as the 7th man roll, trading Scottie would of deleted are best piece to our bench depth.....Plus there would of been no Dennis Rodman....Thank God that trade didn't go through....Even though wecould of won maybe one championship with Kemp and Kucoc starting, Kemp had a bad crack addiction that would of screwed up our classy chemistry...Kemp may have gotten even worse on drugs considering crack is more abundant in Chicago than in Seattle........Pippen was the right fit with Jordan anyway, and no one else would of done better....Without Scottie(Jordanss brother on the court) Jordan might have had his second retirement sooner than 98....And I don't believe Kemp and Jordan would of gotten along as well.....Just my opinion.......Plus id take Johnny Bachs word over Krause's anyday..

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll throw in a quick comment

Offensively Kukoc probably could've been a more than adequate replacement for Pippen in the point forward role, but defensively, he would have been lacking. Kind of a no duh statement, but does having Kemp around the basket really do much to offset losing Pippen's perimeter D? Not to say the defense would have collapsed or anything, but you lose one of the best defenders of all time. That's gonna affect your success.

Kemp and Kukoc together would have been interesting to see though.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I'll throw in a quick comment

Offensively Kukoc probably could've been a more than adequate replacement for Pippen in the point forward role, but defensively, he would have been lacking. Kind of a no duh statement, but does having Kemp around the basket really do much to offset losing Pippen's perimeter D? Not to say the defense would have collapsed or anything, but you lose one of the best defenders of all time. That's gonna affect your success.

Kemp and Kukoc together would have been interesting to see though.

Exactly, I forgot to add that to my last statement.....Defense would be the most important aspect we would lose if Pippen was traded for Kemp, plus Kucoc was slow, so we would of lost our best fastbreak action other than Jordan.....

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly, I forgot to add that to my last statement.....Defense would be the most important aspect we would lose if Pippen was traded for Kemp, plus Kucoc was slow, so we would of lost our best fastbreak action other than Jordan.....
BJ Armstrong don't quite cut it for ya? :crazydance:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

You would have lost your best fastbreak action...you would have had Shawn Kemp...he was a fastbreak...plus if Phil had stayed...it wouldn't have been that bad defensively at all.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
You would have lost your best fastbreak action...you would have had Shawn Kemp...he was a fastbreak...plus if Phil had stayed...it wouldn't have been that bad defensively at all.

What about losing our biggest spark off the bench(Kucoc) because he would be starting??

Shawn Kemp wasn't any better than Pippen on the fast break, and definately not near the same intensity on defense.
PIPPEN ALSO DIDN'T SMOKE CRACK LIKE KEMP

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What about losing our biggest spark off the bench(Kucoc) because he would be starting??

Shawn Kemp wasn't any better than Pippen on the fast break, and definately not near the same intensity on defense.
PIPPEN ALSO DIDN'T SMOKE CRACK LIKE KEMP

So which is it? Do you lose a lot on the fastbreak or are Kemp and Pippen on the same level? Again, you don't miss much there. Kemp was a 4, he is not expected to defend on the perimeter. And who gives a damn about sparks off the bench? You can find those...they are not that hard to find.

You don't need Pippen to build a sound defensive unit. Krause's strength was finding the parts to put around the core.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
So which is it? Do you lose a lot on the fastbreak or are Kemp and Pippen on the same level? Again, you don't miss much there. Kemp was a 4, he is not expected to defend on the perimeter. And who gives a damn about sparks off the bench? You can find those...they are not that hard to find.

You don't need Pippen to build a sound defensive unit. Krause's strength was finding the parts to put around the core.

Also one of Krauses strengths was mistreating his stars and prematurely dismantling Teams.......

Plus Shawn Kemp had a poor attitiude and would of turned the Bulls Lockeroom into a crack house.....:troll::troll::troll: