OFFICIAL DePaul Basketball Thread

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good win for DePaul against Texas Tech today. A good win to build upon going forward in their season. They won't be the pushover of the past in the Big East this year. Coach Purnell has the Blue Demons headed in the right direction. Good to see them improving.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
DePaul picks up another win today over Arizona State in the 5th place (Consolation Champioship) game in the Old Spice Classic today. They had a good tournament overall going 2-1 and their only loss was by 1 point. Sophmore Cleveland Melvin was named to the 5 player All Tournament Team

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good. :clap:

Hopefully this is the start of a good year. Time to get the train back on the tracks and build upon the tradition of DePaul basketball.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose a win is a win, but it was ugly to only beat Chicago State by 7, but I'll take it.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been so upset with the team I haven't posted here lately :facepalm: that buzzer beater loss to Missisippi State really pissed me off. Well back to today, our offensive was hot, hot,hot, but our defense was not,not,not! Last three games we really have looked clueless on D, thank goodness Melvin chipped in 30 today or we could've had an embarrassing loss

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been so upset with the team I haven't posted here lately :facepalm: that buzzer beater loss to Missisippi State really pissed me off. Well back to today, our offensive was hot, hot,hot, but our defense was not,not,not! Last three games we really have looked clueless on D, thank goodness Melvin chipped in 30 today or we could've had an embarrassing loss

If there's such a thing as a "good loss", the game against Mississippi State could be categorized as such. They're a good team who will make some noise in March. They're well-coached and very underrated.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there's such a thing as a "good loss", the game against Mississippi State could be categorized as such. They're a good team who will make some noise in March. They're well-coached and very underrated.

So are we ;) when were playing up to our potential at least, we have a great young core

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm looking forward to the rest of DePaul's season and the next few years, especially if I get the transfer up there.