85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Renderings of Citi Fields new Outfield walls

Screen-shot-2011-10-31-at-1.49.10-PM1-580x312.png

Screen-shot-2011-10-31-at-1.49.22-PM-580x348.png

citidimensions.png

Should Be a lot more easy to hit HRs their now.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miami Marlins being inexplicably sued - CBSSports.com

Hey everybody, it's frivolous lawsuit time!

Apparently, back in February of 2008, there was some sort of awards banquet with an auction in Miami. Marlins president David Samson -- who doesn't own the team, mind you -- said the first item up for bid was the Marlins and he'd sell them for $10 million, seemingly as a joke. And a man said he'd bid the $10 million, which was surely seen by everyone in attendance as furthering the joke.

Instead, Omeranz and Landsma Corporation in Florida is now suing the Marlins, believing it bought the Marlins for $10 million and that the Marlins have breached contract. Seriously, here's the court filing PDF, via Sportinlaw.com.

Too many things annoy me about this. First of all, I understand it takes time to file lawsuits, but it's quite the coincidence that the lawsuit is filed now that the Marlins have their new home, a shiny new payroll -- with new free agents Jose Reyes, Heath Bell and Mark Buehrle -- a high-profile manager (Ozzie Guillen) and some solid young up-and-comers (Mike Stanton, Logan Morrison, etc.). Why wasn't this filed in 2010? It took more than two years to put together this case, when a nine-figure profit hangs in the balance (if the plaintiffs win the Marlins)?

It seems rather obvious the main intent is to get the Marlins to pay a lump sum settlement to make this go away as quickly as possible. Here's hoping Jeffrey Loria (the Marlins actual owner) refuses to do so and the court just throws this thing out. Not to get all preachy, but we don't need to start suing companies over jokes, especially when the person making the joke doesn't have the right to sell.

:lmao:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm gonna get my local homeless man to sell me the Cardinals for 10 bucks so I can relocate them to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buster Olney ‏ @Buster_ESPN

Terrible luck for A.J. Burnett; out with a broken orbital bone around his right eye.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's one hell of a bad bunt.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Via MLBTR...Phillies might not have Chase Utley for Opening Day and are also looking to upgrade their backup catcher.

Trade speculation?

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cain resigned for 5 years so looks like we really did make the right call due to the fact that everybody isn't going to the market next offseason

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Matt Cain 6/112M

Ick.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
10 years. $225 million for Joey Votto. Keeps him in Cincy til 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.