Does Michigan end their 7-game losing streak to OSU on Saturday?

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been 7 long years for Wolverines football fans since they last witnessed Michigan defeat Ohio State in their annual rivalry. Their biggest enemy in Jim Tressel is now gone, which leaves the question: Is the streak about to end as well?

This is the best chance Michigan has had since arguably 2006 when Michigan, ranked #2 faced off against #1 Ohio State in the "Game of the Century". The game lived up to the hype offensively, as the Buckeyes knocked off the Wolverines 42-39 in Columbus and clinched a spot in the BCS National Championship game that year. That was the closest Michigan has been in the last 5 years.

A new era of Michigan football is now underway in Ann Arbor and optimism is on the rise with Brady Hoke at the helm after a disastrous tenure under Rich Rodriguez. The tide has turned in the complete opposite direction just 192 miles south. Tressel left the Buckeyes amid allegations of NCAA violations in December and it has been a rocky road for Ohio State this season. Beating Michigan might salvage a bit of hope for the future and give some solace to the fanbase after what seemed like a lost year.

Michigan and Ohio State will meet for the 108th meeting of all-time this Saturday in Ann Arbor. Will Michigan end the 7 game skid and re-gain bragging rights or will Ohio State continue the streak and make it 8 in a row?

Who ya got?

Can Michigan end their 7-game skid against Ohio State? |

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Michigan is going to beat Ohio State. Their defense will guide them to this win. But this is the best time for Ohio State to get them, because once Hoke gets his guys in, he will be beating Ohio State down on a yearly basis.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They better get them this year, otherwise Urban is going to continue to recruit the best athletes the Big 10 has seen and dominate, which would suck :(

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Michigan wins.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Meyer goes to Ohio State, this will be Michigan's last really good chance to beat the Buckeyes in the near future. If Meyer doesn't end up in Columbus, Michigan should be able to start a winning streak of their own in this rivalry.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Meyer goes to Ohio State, this will be Michigan's last really good chance to beat the Buckeyes in the near future. If Meyer doesn't end up in Columbus, Michigan should be able to start a winning streak of their own in this rivalry.

well, i dont think meyer is going to have the team completely rolling the season he comes in..obviously OSU has some good pieces and having meyer helps as a coach helps....but depending on the condition of the team, its hard for a coach to simply step in and succeed immediately....not to mention the difficulty of a coach transitioning from one program to the next or simply retirement to coaching again(of course there is the argument about meyer's success in both utah and florida)

i'm a little confused as to why meyer may want to coach again? I mean, isnt part of the reason he retired from florida is because the stress of coaching under the spotlight affects his health, which certainly isnt the best?

oh, and ya michigan should win

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And when scUM loses to us again, i'll laugh at the people picking em.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't aware you went to Ohio State. News to me.

you dont have to go to a school to be a fan...otherwise people would only root for one college team

you could argue thats how it should be...but there are good reasons for people supporting different teams....

then again it is joe:shifty:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
you dont have to go to a school to be a fan...otherwise people would only root for one college team

you could argue thats how it should be...but there are good reasons for people supporting different teams....

then again it is joe:shifty:

No shit. That wasn't my point.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Braxton Miller and OSU do it again.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
And when scUM loses to us again, i'll laugh at the people picking em.

:troll:

5737.jpg