Update- Santo in! 15 of 16 votes

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Me: "You know, it's possible brett is not as small and petty as he comes off. I should give him the benefit of the doubt more often."

You: "Hold my beer, gotta necro a seven year old thread to crow over my Harold Baines for the HOF vindication."

I didn't have him in if you read the thread fatbeard. Just as I didn't Santo in.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yes, its a 7 year old thread, but some ex manager starts a committee to get friends in the hall of fame is something that needs to be changed. There are players that should be considered in the hall of fame, Sosa and McGuires bats, a name on a placque being an all time save leader while the position was being developed and guys that had hall of fame days in their career. Barry Bonds name has to be in there somewhere for being an all time home run leader. Its sad it happens to a couple of chicago guys, but this may finally change things.

Harold Baines never received more than 6.2 percent of the vote to get in. You need 75. Just like it took a group of guys feeling better for themselves getting Santo in after his funeral.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, its a 7 year old thread, but some ex manager starts a committee to get friends in the hall of fame is something that needs to be changed. There are players that should be considered in the hall of fame, Sosa and McGuires bats, a name on a placque being an all time save leader while the position was being developed and guys that had hall of fame days in their career. Barry Bonds name has to be in there somewhere for being an all time home run leader. Its sad it happens to a couple of chicago guys, but this may finally change things.

Harold Baines never received more than 6.2 percent of the vote to get in. You need 75. Just like it took a group of guys feeling better for themselves getting Santo in after his funeral.
Santo always deserved to be in.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ron didn't make it, the next time the committee meets it will be changed again to consist of Ron's family only.

Cub Nation Way bigger than White Sox Nation. Not likely a special committee will be formed of White Sox players to let that happen :)

It wasn't until they got the right mix on the yet again changed committee
LOL at these posts. This is pretty much how Baines got in.

I love how brett in trying to undercut Santo's induction basically torpedoed and perfectly described Baines'

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
es never received more than 6.2 percent of the vote to get in. You need 75. Just like it took a group of guys feeling better for themselves getting Santo in after his funeral.

So more than Santo. Thanks.