CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
michigan in a BCS bowl?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa deserves to go to the Toilet Bowl :deer:

I think you've mistaken them for Illinois. After a 6-0 start, they're the first team in college football history to lose the following 6 games to end their season.

:obama:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yea the Sugar Bowl is prepared invite them if LSU and Alabama have a rematch in the National title game.

:smh:

they arent even in the top 10....i guess the argument is they're one of the best big 10 teams...but michigan really shouldnt be in a BCS bowl

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think you've mistaken them for Illinois. After a 6-0 start, they're the first team in college football history to lose the following 6 games to end their season.

:obama:

cal was pretty close to doing the same in 07...

but ya that's a drop off

DCguy

Liked Posts:
:smh:

they arent even in the top 10....i guess the argument is they're one of the best big 10 teams...but michigan really shouldnt be in a BCS bowl

I agree and I am a Michigan fan. But to me I rather play in a non BCS Bowl. But they say that the fact that Michigan has a good fan following is what really attractive to a BCS Bowl site.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
I agree and I am a Michigan fan. But to me I rather play in a non BCS Bowl. But they say that the fact that Michigan has a good fan following is what really attractive to a BCS Bowl site.

Aside from the "National Championship" game, bowls aren't for competition on the field, they're for making money. The reason Michigan will get a BCS bid, and more than likely lose, is that they have the largest alumni base around the country for television ratings and that base also travels well. That means big bucks for television and big bucks for the bowl's city. Neither groups care about the game.

Both the Sugar and Fiesta want Michigan. Fiesta representatives have been in Ann Arbor the last two weeks.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Aside from the "National Championship" game, bowls aren't for competition on the field, they're for making money. The reason Michigan will get a BCS bid, and more than likely lose, is that they have the largest alumni base around the country for television ratings and that base also travels well. That means big bucks for television and big bucks for the bowl's city. Neither groups care about the game.

Both the Sugar and Fiesta want Michigan. Fiesta representatives have been in Ann Arbor the last two weeks.

I agreee with that. I also know that Bowl committees claim that they look for the best match-up that also brings good fan bases. But in reality they look for the team that has the best fan base to generate the most money. It was more evident in 09 when South Carolina got snubbed for the Gator Bowl and Chick Fil A Bowl because those representatives from each bowl didn't think they had a good traveling fan base.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Ohio State is going to play Florida in the Gator Bowl. Michigan vs. Houston is the projected Sugar Bowl (because of the SEC rematch in the NC like everyone said before). I'd rather see Houston vs. Ok State in the Fiesta Bowl, but oh well.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever plays Michigan, i'll be rooting for em big time to whoop their ass.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever plays Michigan, i'll be rooting for em big time to whoop their ass.

17942_full1.jpg

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gator Bowl..not bad for a 'down season' for the Buckeyes.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Nebraska-South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl.. I like it!