Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
rondo would be beast on thunder

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that six teams have shown interested in unrestricted free agent Caron Butler.
Those teams are the Nets, Clippers, Bulls, Heat, Spurs and Knicks. There's certainly a chance that Butler will re-sign with Dallas, but a return to Miami is also a possibility. Either way, we expect Butler to join a contender, and as a result, odds are he'll be playing somewhat of a complimentary role. Last year's hollow 15.0 ppg is a reasonable template for what to expect from the 31-year-old this season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They Should have listened to me and got Wesley Matthews and/or Anthony Morrow.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
NJ will pursue free agents Nene & Tyson Chandler in hopes of landing 1. Could use either as trade bait to land Howard or players around him

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RicBucher Ric Bucher
Mentioned on SC a Monta Ellis + asset for Rudy Gay deal. Came from GS side. If Mem considered - big if - it would be for financial reasons

Looks like GS is really interested in Roy.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
J. Michael Falgoust: Nate Robinson will be bought out by #Thunder so he can become free agent. They tried to do this before the lockout. Working on it now

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who Wants Who? An Overview Of All The Rumors

When I learned that the NBA decided to allow teams and agents to begin communicating this morning, I expected madness. Well, it certainly didn’t take long. Rumors are buzzing around the internet like mosquitoes around a barbeque in July. So far, the most intriguing of these rumors has Rajon Rondo going to New Orleans in exchange for Chris Paul… or maybe to Indiana, which would also somehow result in Chris Paul becoming a Celtic. It’s more recently been reported that Chris Paul doesn’t really have any interest in signing an extension with Boston, though. For some reason that hasn’t put a kibosh on the Rondo/Paul talk. In addition to that rumor, we’ve got pretty much every team wanting one of the best available big man (surprise!), New Jersey scrambling to acquire the type of talent necessary to convince Deron Williams that signing an extension to play in Brooklyn for the long haul would be a good idea (you mean Brook Lopez and Travis Outlaw aren’t enough?!), various contenders after the league’s most predominant straw chewer, and much, much more. I think I just wrote one of the longest sentences in the history of the English language.

Anyway, all of this is a little overwhelming, don’t you think? Well, that’s what I’m here for. I’ve got nothing better to do than sit in front of my computer for however long it takes to get this sh!t all straightened out for you. No need to thank me, for some reason I enjoy doing this.

What I’m going to do here is sort out all the rumors player by player (in alphabetical order). I’ll list all players who are on the block and tell you where they’re said to be going, and I’ll throw in all the hot free agents and tell you who all wants ‘em. Here we go…

Big Baby, BOS, UFA: Word out of Boston is that the Celtics aren’t really all that interested in Baby Glen’s services anymore. Not because he can’t play, but because he’s a pain in the ass. Also, Davis is apparently the only player in the entire league that the Nets aren’t interested in. Coming from a team that’s been home to Stephen Graham and Sasha Vujacic in recent years… man, I’d take that as a serious insult.

Shane Battier, Grizzlies, UFA: Kevin Durant doesn’t want to deal with Shane Battier this season, so he’s just going to try and get him on his team. Battier says he’d like to stay in Memphis, but I don’t see it working out. They’ve got to pay the young and studly Marc Gasol, and they’ve got a bit of a logjam going on with all their swingmen. Other teams showing interest in Battier include the Celtics, Bulls, and Heat.

Kwame Brown, CHA, UFA: The Knicks need a player taller than 6’5 who cares about defense. Welcome to NY, Kwame Brown (maybe). The Bobcats do have interest in bringing Brown back, so the Knicks will have to compete for his services. NBA free agency, where competing for the services of KWAMAY BROWN happens. I’m just kidding, I like Kwame. He’s a very underrated defensive player, and I like him on the Knicks.

Caron Butler, DAL, UFA: Butler has drawn interest from a whole bunch of teams. One team which has not contacted him, at least not yet, is the Dallas Mavericks. According to reports, Dallas is Butler’s top choice. Interesting.

Samuel Dalembert, SAC, UFA: The Miami Heat must not be very familiar with Sammy Dalembert, because they’re said to want the former King/Suxer. Teams that are in pursuit of Sam, notice that there are exactly zero rumors of the Kings having any interest in bringing him back. There’s a reason for this, and it has nothing to do with the Kings.

Monta Ellis, GSW: Monta has reportedly been offered to Memphis in a trade that would involve Rudy Gay. Memphis does have an awful lot (they’re actually good. “Awful lot” meaning “many.”) of swingmen, but most of them are more SG than SF.

Rudy Fernandez, DAL: Rudy Fernandez can’t find anything to piss and moan about? This really is news. Fernandez is expected to report for duty in Dallas with a big ol’ smile on his face–as he damn well should.

Marc Gasol, MEM, RFA: He’s restricted, and the Grizzlies would be idiots to let him go anywhere. No link necessary.

Jeff Green, BOS, RFA: Jeff Green is interested in remaining a Boston Celtic despite the fact that many of their irrational fans can’t stand him. However, are the Celtics interested in Jeff Green? Supposedly they are, but they’re said to be interested in plenty of other free agents as well. I’m a bit speculative as to where Green falls on the priority list… especially if Boston gets a chance at a quality big man.

Grant Hill, PHX, UFA: For some reason, the Suns want to keep Old Man River. I can’t honestly say that I understand it… I mean, Grant is still a very good player, but the Suns aren’t going to be any good. Why have a 57 year old on your dog-sh!t team? If Grant decides he wants a title, the Celtics, Bulls, and Heat are interested.

Dwight Howard, ORL: Dwight Howard will be a free agent next year, so the Magic are in a potential Carmelo/Nuggets situation. Do they trade him now and get something, or do they risk losing him for nothing? Dwight has not publicly expressed a desire to leave Orlando, but if you followed the Magic last season then you know he was often frustrated with the team (and rightfully so). One Dwight rumor has him going to New Jersey to play with Deron Williams, but Nets GM Billy King says there’s nothing in the works. Do I believe him? Not really. Who doesn’t want Dwight Howard?! Admit it, Billy, you’ve spoken to Otis more recently than last February. One team that has admitted to having major interest in Howard is LA… the Clippers. Howard and Griffin? I’d keep DeAndre and go after an elite PG.

Kris Humphries, NJN, UFA: Kris Humphries is reportedly seeking an annulment of his brief marriage to Kim Kardashian. Just thought I’d throw it in. I promise this is the first and last time I’ll ever refer you to People Magazine.

DeAndre Jordan, LAC, RFA: The only thing I’ve heard about Jordan is that the Clippers want to re-sign him. If the Clippers don’t get it done I’ll be so f@cking mad I just might boycott their games this season. …who am I kidding, I can’t boycott Blake Griffin. Anyway, I’m sure there are lots of teams interested in Jordan… I mean, who wouldn’t be? They probably aren’t talking about him because they figure the Clippers won’t remove the vice grip they should have on this gifted young man. Then again, they are the Clippers. Nothing would surprise me.

Nene, DEN, UFA: Six teams are reportedly interested in Nene, not including the Nuggets. Golden State, Houston, Indiana, New Jersey, Dallas, and Miami are his suitors. Good luck, Denver. Lol.

Chris Paul, NOH: It’s the same deal as Dwight and Orlando. Do you risk coming away empty handed, or do you trade your best player right now? I personally believe Paul wants to play for the Knicks, and the Hornets should probably just try to get the best deal they can. I wouldn’t dish him for Rajon Rondo, though.

Nate Robinson, OKC: Nate Robinson and the Thunder are reportedly working on a buy out. I think this makes sense for both parties. The Thunder don’t utilize Robinson, and he obviously wants to be utilized. Git ‘er done. What team would be interested in Robinson? I haven’t heard anything yet, but any team that needs energy and scoring off the bench could use him, and could probably get him pretty cheap.

Rajon Rondo, BOS: Danny Ainge has apparently figured out that Rondo’s game has several fatal flaws. Good for you, Danny! You’re ahead of the curve. Anyway, Ainge is said to be “aggressively” trying to move Rondo, preferably for Chris Paul, but Paul is reportedly disinterested in signing an extension with the Cs… which leads me to the conclusion that he must want to join the Knicks… which leads me to the conclusion that he’s not thinking this one all the way through. The Knicks, Chris? I hate to be that guy, but defense really does win championships. Oh yeah, how do the Pacers factor into this situation, you ask? Well, Danny has apparently tried to orchestrate a three-way deal because he doesn’t have enough pieces to acquire Paul by himself.

Brandon Roy, POR: Roy will likely be one of the first victims of the amnesty clause. It’s kind of a sad situation, but it makes sense. Portland’s fans are having some difficulty figuring that out. When Roy is inevitably waived, the Bulls will be interested.

Kurt Thomas, CHI, UFA: The NBA’s oldest player has drawn interest from the Bulls and Knicks. He prefers the Bulls. Smart guy.

David West, NOH, RFA: New Orleans is reportedly interested in re-signing their pivot man, but they’ll have to compete with Golden State… and maybe a few other teams. I’d steer clear of D-West and his surgically-repaired knee. He’s not putting any of his rumored destinations over the top.

NBA 24/7 365 | The blog for NBA fanatics.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WallaceHeatNBA Michael Wallace
And then there's this: Tyson Chandler of Dallas says he expects to 'be on a new team come training camp' - ESPN

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WallaceHeatNBA Michael Wallace
And then there's this: Tyson Chandler of Dallas says he expects to 'be on a new team come training camp' - ESPN

If this happens, the Mavericks are in a whole lot of trouble.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Kate Fagan: #NBA labor update: "trade association" has received more than 50% of the 260 "authorization cards" needed to recertify union. "trade association" expects to hit # soon, recertify as NBPA. Word is 450 players could vote to ratify new CBA next Wed.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hey fellas i need 2 more people for my fantasy basketball & we draft today @ 345 any takers? shoot me a pm with your email address asap if so.....

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Developing story from ESPN.....Chris Paul has officially requested a trade to the Knicks....

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Developing story from ESPN.....Chris Paul has officially requested a trade to the Knicks....

Oh, great. Now that CP3 sees what D-Will is up to, now he is going to pull out all stops to make sure he gets there before Deron does.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ny doesnt have enough to trade for him. I really hate what the NBA has become.

Oh and Mike Miller had hernia surgery. You have to think the Heat are going to part ways with him. That will be 5M off the books. That scares me.

Reactions: BNB

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's what will happen: NOH lets CP3 walk in free agency or they trade him to a contender for maybe some draft picks and some solid pieces/expiring contracts.

There is zero chance NOH trades CP3 to a team that already has Stoudemire and Anthony.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trade him to us for Boozer and picks and we can play Rose at the 2guard

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ny doesnt have enough to trade for him. I really hate what the NBA has become.

Was just gonna say that.

what the hell will NY give to NO?

Sure. they can offer Fields, Walker, Douglas, some picks.. but the contracts won't match up, the Hornets probably won't accept, and NY will be left with NO depth..

If I was paul, I'd rather play for LAC. Or stay in NO and hope they bring help.

Status
Not open for further replies.