CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/the-bears-are-tired-of-trading-away-future-picks/

The NFL Draft starts Thursday for 30 teams. The Bears and Panthers have some waiting to do.

Don't expect the Bears to find a way back into the first round. G.M. Jerry Angelo says he doesn't want to trade future picks any longer.

''We're out of that business,'' Angelo said. ''I don't want to get cute and keep borrowing from the future with picks because . . . it's very difficult to guarantee the present."

Then again, Angelo may not have a future in Chicago if the Bears don't start winning now. That's part of the reason why they spent so much in free agency. The Bears traded their 2009 first and second round picks for Jay Cutler and the late Gaines Adams.

Angelo says there will be changes coming to his front office.

"After this draft, I said that we are going to do some restructuring,'' Angelo said.

Can't say how happy I am to see this. The Cutler draft pick doesn't matter so much as the Gaines Adams one. I know nobody knew he would die suddenly but I don't know how much I saw him producing to warrant a 2nd round pick.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
Gaines Adams wasn't any good before his passing. Nothing wrong w/ that.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was the 4th pick in the 2007 draft. The Bears felt they could get that potential

Fakebigben

Beer Pong Champion
Liked Posts:
Gaines wasn't bad or anything. He really was just never given a chance, by either team he was on. There was never really room for him.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm not worried about early rounds for the Bears. The later rounds is where we make our splash.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
If you can't get good players in the early rounds you need a new GM. Period.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
The Bears are as good at evaluating college talent as I am at doing quantum physics. I failed out of college because quantum physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.