brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What's the first thing you would do?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eliminate divisions. Balanced schedule with full-year interleague. Might force vote one way or another to either adopt DH through all MLB or abolish it. Best four teams from each league makes the playoffs.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd eliminate the American and National leagues altogether and create geographically-aligned conferences and divisions.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Eliminate divisions. Balanced schedule with full-year interleague. Might force vote one way or another to either adopt DH through all MLB or abolish it. Best four teams from each league makes the playoffs.

That would eliminate a lot of rivalries (which doesn't really matter, but does draw revenue) and increase the amount of money needed for the team to travel (bad for small market teams).

Understand the concept, but it just isn't that simple IMO.

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would remove home-field advantage for the World Series to the winner of the All-Star game.

That is just ridiculously stupid.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would remove home-field advantage for the World Series to the winner of the All-Star game.

That is just ridiculously stupid.

Not arguing at all with that, but you've not replaced it

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's an easy fix. Team with the best record gets home field advantage.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd want both the leagues to have the same DH rule

Just not sure which way I'd go with it yet. Offense is obviously fun to watch but I also appreciate the strategic parts of baseball.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd want both the leagues to have the same DH rule

Just not sure which way I'd go with it yet. Offense is obviously fun to watch but I also appreciate the strategic parts of baseball.

I agree, just dint know if there really is more strategy in the NL. Another discussion thread I think

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
With no leagues (which would be a first in sports) how do you determine playlets and who plays for championship

No, it wouldn't be a first in sports. 3 major leagues (NBA, NHL, MLS) do what he said already. Geographically aligned conferences is what he said, like Eastern and Western instead of American and National.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, it wouldn't be a first in sports. 3 major leagues (NBA, NHL, MLS) do what he said already. Geographically aligned conferences is what he said, like Eastern and Western instead of American and National.

The point though is that if you are the MLB which plays so many more games that you'd have to try to stack series and homestands as geographically close to each other as possible. But I think MLB already sort of does that anyway so that's not really an issue in my opinion.

I think they'd also frown on two teams in the same "conference" in the same city so that's why they'd probably keep the league designations.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Institute a hard salary cap and contract the Yankees.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Get rid of the DH.

I do like that interleague play isn't just in June/July now.

I wish they didn't extend the playoffs though. That last night of the regular season was awesome this year. That wouldn't have happened if the playoffs were extended this year. All of those teams would've made it.

Also, get rid of Homefield advantage being tied to the AS game. Just dumb. Give it to the team with the better record (or whoever has the better head-to-head record).

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get rid of the DH.

I do like that interleague play isn't just in June/July now.

I wish they didn't extend the playoffs though. That last night of the regular season was awesome this year. That wouldn't have happened if the playoffs were extended this year. All of those teams would've made it.

Also, get rid of Homefield advantage being tied to the AS game. Just dumb. Give it to the team with the better record (or whoever has the better head-to-head record).

It makes even more sense in 2013 when the all-year interleague actually starts. But it makes sense regardless. They used to alternate years which was arbitrary but at least it wasn't one-sided like when the AL dominated the ASG.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Rice, are you saying my Homefield idea makes sense or the current Homefield idea makes sense? :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rice, are you saying my Homefield idea makes sense or the current Homefield idea makes sense? :lol:

Sorry, your idea makes sense :lol:

I'm just saying it would make even more sense when the leagues have to play each other year-round and one assumes the interleague slate expands.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Sorry, your idea makes sense :lol:

I'm just saying it would make even more sense when the leagues have to play each other year-round and one assumes the interleague slate expands.

Exactly. It makes tons more sense than the AS game. I don't know if this "passed" but did MLB make the AS Game mandatory finally unless the player has a legit reason to skip?