SP1994's J.R. Smith Thread

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, like i said wouldnt mind em, but we did trade em first right? just wondering.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah, like i said wouldnt mind em, but we did trade em first right? just wondering.

yeah...seems like we had him and traded him to Denver for a 2nd rounder...

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
It pis.sed me off when the Bulls traded him off for Eisly before we ever played him...Then Pax cut the guy we trade him for...What a waste..

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAhutJ1ojug]YouTube - ‪JR Smith Career Mix HD‬‏[/ame] The bulls need a thug in there life......

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
:office:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't see why when a team wins 70 games that big moves need to be made.

First off, the first priority of the Bulls is paying Rose and signing him to a long term contract.

Second off, when they do that, they likely will have ZERO cap room to do anything else, include acquire Dwight Howard; like a lot of people on here want to do.

It's fun to dream, but these dreams aren't realistic.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
We need someone that can create his own shot while being able to play D the only viable options I see are JR Smith and Mayo

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Instead of looking at our team chemistry as something the we can afford to sacrifice a little of, we need to grow it even further.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Instead of looking at our team chemistry as something the we can afford to sacrifice a little of, we need to grow it even further.

Chemistry is important but that doesnt change the fact that we have no one on our roster that can create their own shot outside of Rose ....

We have a locker room full of good chemistry guys I think that we would be ok to have one crazy... and if Smith is competing for a championship Im sure he will stay more focused...

Plus seeing the way he plays against the Lakers he seems like the kind of guy that would love to take down a team like Miami

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmsNA6yhXY]YouTube - ‪J.R. Smith dunk on Gary Neal - Spurs @ Nuggets 12/16/10‬‏[/ame]
The Bulls will have to aquire a 2guard someday and its not like JRSmith is gonna cost Dwight Howard money....not even close....Just someone to add to what we already have...We will have the best backcourt in the East....It is unfair to continue to let Derrick Rose to do everything by himself back there...To much pressure will wear him down in time...JRSmith would be like a gift that he earned......

Last edited:

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Wrong Nugget.

Wilson Chandler.

He's really more of a full time 3 than a 2/3 I know he played the 2 but he is huge at 6-8 to be a 2 and wouldnt be able to keep up with or get past a lot of 2s.

He's not a very good ball handler and a poor outside shooter I'll take JR Smtih

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he played the 2
And he could here.

but he is huge at 6-8 to be a 2 and wouldnt be able to keep up with or get past a lot of 2s.
He seemed to do fine in NYK and Denver. I really didn't see anything showing me he couldn't keep up or get by 2 guards in either conference.

Not sure how him being huge at 6-8 is a bad thing?

He's not a very good ball handler and a poor outside shooter I'll take JR Smtih

He's a better career shotoer than JR..except from 3. JR isn't that good of a ball handler either. Chandler can handle a big but with Rose on the team I'm not really that worried about it.

JR has also never been a consistant starter in the league and I think there's a good reason for that. I'd rather get a starting 2 guard with a better all around game than get a 2 who has never really been a starter and is more one dimensional.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
And he could here.

He seemed to do fine in NYK and Denver. I really didn't see anything showing me he couldn't keep up or get by 2 guards in either conference.

Not sure how him being huge at 6-8 is a bad thing?

He's a better career shotoer than JR..except from 3. JR isn't that good of a ball handler either. Chandler can handle a big but with Rose on the team I'm not really that worried about it.

JR has also never been a consistant starter in the league and I think there's a good reason for that. I'd rather get a starting 2 guard with a better all around game than get a 2 who has never really been a starter and is more one dimensional.

Smith is a better ball handler than Chandler and we need ball handling on this team to relieve Rose

I really wouldnt mind Chandler but I just feel that hes not a true 2 ...

And how is Smith 1 dimensional?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smith is a better ball handler than Chandler and we need ball handling on this team to relieve Rose
Draft a PG or find a true back up PG.

Assuming CJ Watson is gone?

And how is Smith 1 dimensional?

He's a shooter and not much else. Not a guy you can trust to handle the ball, not a real good defender, he's an athletic wing but aside from 3pt shooting he's not a real offensive threat otherwise.

I would argue that JR Smith isn't a "true 2" either. He's an athletic shooter off the bench. If we are bringing him in to start I think it would be a big mistake.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing I like about Wilson Chandler is that he's so versatile you can play him with any lineup that's out there. He can play 3 positions pretty well, and I'm sure he could play the 2 here, at least in spots. Plus with a 3 like him we wouldn't have to play Deng 44 minutes a game. He can shoot, he can defend. He can handle a little bit too I think. He's like...a far more athletic version of Deng. I'd take him, we'd make it work.

I'd take Smith too. I think we have enough guys in the locker room (Noah, Thomas if he stays another year, Boozer, and even Rose) to keep him in line. If he's serious about winning, he'll shut up and do what he's told. He can definitely create his own shot and knock down the 3 which is what we need. He can play Larry Hughes defense, which is better than no defense at all. I'd still take Mayo over him, but as far as new SGs go, we can do worse than Smith.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wilson Chandler is good because we don't have a legit backup at the 3, so we cover a few bases. Making him a very cost effective solution considering the new CBA.

MidwayMobster

Da Member
Liked Posts:
Looking at the SG free agents. One guy who can create his own shoot and shoot from the outside is Jason Richardson. He might be cheap since he had a off season but he's something the bulls could use

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Draft a PG or find a true back up PG.

Assuming CJ Watson is gone?

I am talking about with Rose on the floor, we have played CJ and Rose together and it has shown flashes of how successful having two players that can handle the ball on the floor at the same time.

He's a shooter and not much else. Not a guy you can trust to handle the ball, not a real good defender, he's an athletic wing but aside from 3pt shooting he's not a real offensive threat otherwise.

I would argue that JR Smith isn't a "true 2" either. He's an athletic shooter off the bench. If we are bringing him in to start I think it would be a big mistake.

He can drive to to the hole better than any 2 we have on our roster and he can also create his own shot something no one else on this team besides Rose can do.