SP1994's J.R. Smith Thread

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing I like about Wilson Chandler is that he's so versatile you can play him with any lineup that's out there. He can play 3 positions pretty well, and I'm sure he could play the 2 here, at least in spots. Plus with a 3 like him we wouldn't have to play Deng 44 minutes a game. He can shoot, he can defend. He can handle a little bit too I think. He's like...a far more athletic version of Deng. I'd take him, we'd make it work.

I'd take Smith too. I think we have enough guys in the locker room (Noah, Thomas if he stays another year, Boozer, and even Rose) to keep him in line. If he's serious about winning, he'll shut up and do what he's told. He can definitely create his own shot and knock down the 3 which is what we need. He can play Larry Hughes defense, which is better than no defense at all. I'd still take Mayo over him, but as far as new SGs go, we can do worse than Smith.

Wilson Chandler is good because we don't have a legit backup at the 3, so we cover a few bases. Making him a very cost effective solution considering the new CBA.

ANother reason fo rme is JR Smith is basically what he is going to be at this point, and while he is a good player he just seems to be "maxed"...which is fine. But Chandler is already a good NBA player and a better all around player than Smith and seems to have much more potential for growth. Chandler is only going to get better in my estimation...while JR smith, who is a good player, I feel has pretty much maxed out.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am talking about with Rose on the floor
With Rose on the floor I want him handlign the ball. Not JR Smith. Ever.

He can drive to to the hole better than any 2 we have on our roster...and he can also create his own shot
So can Chandler....then again that's more a reflection of our lack of a 2 guard than it is a compliment to Smith and Chandler's skill set.

Chandler would also provide a great mismatch for us on the offensive end in the post and give us more options offensively with his size.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
With Rose on the floor I want him handlign the ball. Not JR Smith. Ever.

So can Chandler....then again that's more a reflection of our lack of a 2 guard than it is a compliment to Smith and Chandler's skill set.

Chandler would also provide a great mismatch for us on the offensive end in the post and give us more options offensively with his size.

But wasnt he on the trade block in NY because he couldnt play the 2?

I wouldnt mind him though.. I'm not trying to argue you or anything man just trying to figure out which would be the best fit and I honestly never thought about Chandler

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
He was on the tradeblock in NY because they wanted 'Melo

I just think you arent giving Smith enough credit...

Just because you feel hes maxed out, we are a 62 win team you add a good 2 in Smith thats scary to me!

He's not an allstar 2 but hes a good 2 and how many other 2's would play next to a PG averaging 25ppg

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is the type of back and forth I like to see instead of Bulls on Parade being a Special person.

Hats off to both of you.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think you arent giving Smith enough credit...
I already called him a good player. I just think he's maxed out in terms of what is capable of in the NBA...which is fine.

Chandler IMO is already a quality/good player and has the ability to grow into a very good player...or better than Smith at a position of need. IMO I take that chance. Either way you're getting a quality NBA player who is an immediete upgrade at a position of dire need...and Chandler would be cheaper and have more upside.

Makes more sense IMO for the long term future of this team.

This is the type of back and forth I like to see instead of Bulls on Parade being a Special person.

Hats off to both of you.
Thanks mom.

:)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't Chandler more of an SF than an SG?

kellmanX

Liked Posts:
I don't see why when a team wins 70 games that big moves need to be made.

First off, the first priority of the Bulls is paying Rose and signing him to a long term contract.

Second off, when they do that, they likely will have ZERO cap room to do anything else, include acquire Dwight Howard; like a lot of people on here want to do.

It's fun to dream, but these dreams aren't realistic.

Agree!
I would love a better/consistant scorer than lets say Boozer, but maybe a shooting guard who can take some pressure off Rose would be the best solution..

But lets look at what a full summer where Rose, Boozer and Noah will improve even more and perhaps get an even better understanding with each other on the floor. So I dont see a big need right now for a 2guard solution other than Bogans, Brewer and Korver..
I just belive that getting Rose on a new contract, and lets see what this great team can do with more playtime together, and more experience under the belt:)

Last edited:

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
I already called him a good player. I just think he's maxed out in terms of what is capable of in the NBA...which is fine.

Chandler IMO is already a quality/good player and has the ability to grow into a very good player...or better than Smith at a position of need. IMO I take that chance. Either way you're getting a quality NBA player who is an immediete upgrade at a position of dire need...and Chandler would be cheaper and have more upside.

Makes more sense IMO for the long term future of this team.

Thanks mom.

:)

Ya that is true I really didnt think of the upside I'm kind of in win now mode with Boozers early decline lol

I would honestly be ecstatic if the Bulls got either 1..

The only thing that worries me is how well he fits at the 2... but then again Jo Johnson is a 3 playing at the 2...

I was reading on ESPN that if Chandler put on some Bulk he could play sometime at the 4??

I would rather have Chandler or Smith than who I think the Bulls will end up with in Courntey Lee

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
But isnt the only way we can acquire someone is a trade on draft night??

I heard that we signed Pargo and Lucas as cap space savers that we can send away in a trade on draft night??

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya that is true I really didnt think of the upside I'm kind of in win now mode with Boozers early decline lol

I would honestly be ecstatic if the Bulls got either 1..

I wouldn't be ecstatic about Smith..only because I don't know if he's a true starting two guard.

I was reading on ESPN that if Chandler put on some Bulk he could play sometime at the 4??
If Chandler wants to be he could be an all around weapon that would be a huge asset.

An athletic 6'8 wing who can play and defend 3 positions depending on matchups.

Plus he will be more affordable over the long term with guys like Rose and Gibson due pay days here in a few seasons.

I would rather have Chandler or Smith than who I think the Bulls will end up with in Courntey Lee[/QUOTE]

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But isnt the only way we can acquire someone is a trade on draft night??

I heard that we signed Pargo and Lucas as cap space savers that we can send away in a trade on draft night??

With all this new CBA shit about to go down who the hell knows. There might be a lockout by the draft.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Hats off to both of you.

Oh yeah?

:bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls::bulls:

<3<3<3<3<3 Bogans <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isn't Chandler more of an SF than an SG?

Yes, but he can play SG and PF in spots. He's a very versatile player. I wouldn't mind having him at all, especially because he'd be cheaper than most options, however I don't see us making a play for him.

Honestly as far as the SG positions goes I'd be fine with Mayo, Smith, Chandler, Richardson, heck even Courtney Lee to a degree (he'd have to become a knock down shooter and remain a good defender since he can't really create on his own). Any one of those guys is an upgrade over Bogans and I really couldn't complain with any of them.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would much prefer the Bulls made a play for a guy like Arron Afflalo or James Harden over a guy like J.R. Smith or Jamal Crawford.