CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Per Wojo:The Chicago Bulls are still making calls on J.R. Smith to solve their shooting guard issues, but red flags on Smith's character have made the Bulls cautious. "They just don't want to mess that locker room up," one source...

Go to Source For Full Article: Bulls Confidential...

By: Doug Thonus

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I cant wait til the deadline passes, these rumors are just too much. And prolly not even accurate.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I like JR Smith about as much as Fred likes Kirk Hinrich. And I think I'm overestimating how much Fred likes Kirk there.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll just stick with what the Bulls have. I don't mind Smith, but I don't think he'll be worth the price. Bogans is finally coming alive and can play defense. I like the 3 the Bulls have and think it's working quite nicely. Bogans, Brewer and Korver.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
if bogans keeps this up, he's been a might fine addition to the bulls. I've said it before, and i'll say it again. The contracts dont work to trade for smith. We dont have anything they want, and man, that affallo guys a much better fit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like JR Smith about as much as Fred likes Kirk Hinrich. And I think I'm overestimating how much Fred likes Kirk there.

If by like you mean hate, then yeah that might be a little bit of an overestimate. ;)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
J.R. Smith is acceptable for the right price but only because he has an expiring deal. If he comes to the Bulls and averages more minutes than Ronnie Brewer, I would not be pleased.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
J.R. Smith is acceptable for the right price but only because he has an expiring deal. If he comes to the Bulls and averages more minutes than Ronnie Brewer, I would not be pleased.

That's the problem. I think he could and if he doesn't get the minutes, he'll complain. That's why I'm on the fence of this.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Still more viable options out there:

- Marcus Thornton
- Courtney Lee
- Anthony Parker (kinda)
- Aaron Afflalo
- O.J. Mayo (long shot)
- Stephen Jackson

J.R. would be fine....but once again it comes back to the attitude issues for him. Not saying Jackson hasn't been that way in the past, but times have changed.

Last edited:

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i dont know, i'm not a huge fan of jackson. he's getting old, and he's really not efficient.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
I do hope they get some SG by deadline regardless. For cheap or a good deal. I hope the FO doesn't do anything too crazy to acquire a SG.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
2guard solution for next season

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5piPSCIwdRI]YouTube - ‪J.R Smith Mix - "On a Mission" [HD]‬‏[/ame] Yes, JrSmith will be available and affordable..Not only that, but we don't have to trade anyone therefore we keep our core in tact with addition without subtraction.....He is 25 years old and even though he has had some personal issues off the court, he is at an age where the proper guidence can still remold his personality..As far as skills, he has all the tools that we lack at his position....He can shoot inside and out including the 3 ball, he can take it to the hole with multiple moves, he's quick and tough off the dribble, he can create his own shot, and he is very athletic..with Thibbs dedication and the company of quality players like we have around him, JrSmith can become the player he is capable of being and provide us what we need..Thibbs can even make him a better defender..Derrick Rose really needs help in the back court....Rose and Smith together would be unstoppaBULL.....I only wished he was already on the Bulls in game 2 wwhen we were missing freethrows and forcing bad shots which is why we lost the game.......

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
he cant def stroke it, some guys might not want em, id give em a shot, of the bench. in free agency hes not a bad pick up.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
I don't see Smith going cheaply at all. Dude can straight up ball. Some team will give him a decent contract and a starting position.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
J.R. Smith Very Interested In Joining Bulls

I hear what your sayin HeavyD...Yes he will probabely get a decent contract....Yes he can ball and because of certain situations, he hasn't came close to reaching his full potential...We are missing one piece on our team and I see him as a perfect fit. He can complete the puzzle..Getting rid of garbage players like Pargo,Scallywag,Keith Bogus,and The bulls new mascot Butler, I think we can make a solid offer and Jr Smith in the last year has expressed interest in being a Bull...It is even rumered that Gar Foreman made a run at trying to aquire his services back in December.....What better 2guard other than Smith is available this summer in free agency...No one and JR is the best available option that can make a real impact on our current team.....