Ryan Theriot To The Tigers?

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
The Tigers have had the second-worst shortstop production in the majors, as determined by OPS. Ramon Santiago and rookie Danny Worth have split time at the position since Adam Everett was cut earlier this month.

If team officials decide that they need more offense at the position, they could pursue Stephen Drew (Diamondbacks) or Ryan Theriot (Cubs). The Diamondbacks are in sell mode, and the Cubs may make Theriot available if rookie Starlin Castro settles in as the everyday shortstop.

June's latest MLB news and notes - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Theriot can bring someone worthwhile back, I'm all for trading him. I'd be fine w/ a Castro and Fontenot middle infield, but trading Theriot will be getting rid of the only player on the Cubs who steals a base.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya castro isnt a great base stealer at this point

theriot is the only guy who can

i mean sori used to a superb base stealer but we all know he isnt what he used to be

trading theriot could be the beginning of the transition to castro at full time SS and lead off..

tho i dont think the cubs should jump the gun with theriot unless detroit gives a good offer for him

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
we shouldn't trade theriot unless we get a middle infielder because fontenot is too much of a defensive liability, in my opinion.

and seriously, we get fonzie after a 40 stolen base/ 40 home run year and he gets hurt and doesn't even hustle out of the box.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Baker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Theriot is traded Darwin Barney will get called up, and he's a pretty good player. He just has no spot on the major league team right now

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this season is a loss. if theriot gets dealt who cares about fontenot playing. worry about 2b in the offseason.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Wait at least until July before deciding to sell. We are only 6.5 GB, 6 behind STL.

2007 Cubs after 66 games: 31-35
2010 Cubs after 66 games: 30-36

Not saying that we will turn around, though I do find it somewhat promising that we have a winning interleague record (5-4) and haven't even played Seattle yet, but it is still a possibility, especially with STL and CIN heading SOUTH.

zwentland

Liked Posts:
This would only further convince me that Hendry is an idiot. I would rather trade Castro than Theriot. Theriot is a solid shortstop and can hit pretty well. We need players who are good now. Not players who will be good in 5 years

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
This would only further convince me that Hendry is an idiot. I would rather trade Castro than Theriot. Theriot is a solid shortstop and can hit pretty well. We need players who are good now. Not players who will be good in 5 years

You guys aren't a great team now though...And I have no idea why you would rather have Theriot over Castro, that's just silly.