2013 Free Agent List

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've already linked you to the following offseason's free agent list. We also talked about why, with this team basically crippled from bad contracts and bad players, spending on Prince and/or Pujols wasn't going to help much anyway. It's not that they won't spend...it's that the timing was not right to spend.

Now let's say Hamels and Greinke were available. Maybe Edwin Jackson. Maybe Kelly Johnson. Now the Cubs have tons of money and can spend if they want to. But the impact free agents have to be available, otherwise you might as well just fill the holes in-house. Spending for the sake of spending isn't exactly wise.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hamels Grienke Johnson, Jackson.

Championship[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1N5NYyb24]TJ Who's Your Momma - YouTube[/ame]

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
They think that the team should be only built using draft. They think the Cubs are small market for some reason. They dont realize Cubs are in the 3rd largest city in the USA. Im not saying spending is going to make them win 100% but past has shown across the MLB that spending money gives you more of chance then just building team through draft. Why small and medium market teams have little windows.

:andruw::oprah::facepalm:
you done reposting old shit?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
:andruw::oprah::facepalm:
you done reposting old shit?

Im starting to think FT and Vick have something going on :smug2:

I could say the ocean is blue and you guys would argue something different

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

:obama: this coming from the guy who has two guys kissing as his avy

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama: this coming from the guy who has two guys kissing as his avy

:turrible::obama::nelson:

look i can do that

do you even know why i have that as my avy? prolly not. Since you hop on once a week and just suck theo dick

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

I was starting to think that d3a and Capt. Serious were the same poster until I realized that the Capt. Serious gets his stupidity out in 3 words, whereas d3a takes longer when he is doing #rickettscheap and uses too many capital letters and that Capt. Serious couldn't post that long of a post if he tried because he can't turn "Bowman sucks and Jntg4 is a post whore" into more than 8 words.

:cubstroll:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
:turrible::obama::nelson:

Look I can do that. Do you even know why I have that as my avy? Probably not. Since you hop on once a week, and just suck Theo's dick
Fixed.
lol yeah I don't come on everyday cuz ya know I have a life, and I don't suck Theo's dick. I think you need to let the man work a few years before you start bitching and complaining. The team sucks, get over it, it was nice and peaceful for the time you were gone. It's funny how you can't use proper grammar and bitch over the same issues you've been proven wrong over. So for the hell of it I'll do the :turrible::obama::nelson: chant that you think makes you look savvy.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
the cubs will eventually have to spend money. you arent going to win a title with the potential of rizzo and jackson. Castro,garza and shark. They will have to get 2 corner outfielders, a 3bsmn, a ss because castro will be moved to 2b and barney sucks.

rotation will be:
garza
shark
blank
blank
blank

and a bullpen.

When does that happen? Still going by your prediction that it will happen next year or have you actually been paying attention the past month?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fixed.
lol yeah I don't come on everyday cuz ya know I have a life, and I don't suck Theo's dick. I think you need to let the man work a few years before you start bitching and complaining. The team sucks, get over it, it was nice and peaceful for the time you were gone. It's funny how you can't use proper grammar and bitch over the same issues you've been proven wrong over. So for the hell of it I'll do the :turrible::obama::nelson: chant that you think makes you look savvy.

I understand he cant fix this over nite. But can you really ask Cub fans who bene following the team for 40+ yrs to be patient? Most of the people who love the rebuilding are young. Where most of the fans who hate this rebuilding are older, cause they have seen to much losing.

Its not english class. everyone here understands what im saying. Im not bitching about the same issues. In this thread i pointed out how the Cubs are not going to spend money in FA this coming year. I really havent bitched 1 time since the season started. I just pointing out that teams that spend money are usually good while teams that dont spend usually suck.

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand he cant fix this over nite. But can you really ask Cub fans who bene following the team for 40+ yrs to be patient? Most of the people who love the rebuilding are young. Where most of the fans who hate this rebuilding are older, cause they have seen to much losing.

I thanked this post because I enjoyed being called young.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thanked this post because I enjoyed being called young.

Lol.. i said most cause i know there are some older guys who understand the rebuilding. Again i understand what they doing. I just think while they were rebuilding the minors which is going to take even longer cause of the CBA that they could have put better team on the MLB level.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol.. i said most cause i know there are some older guys who understand the rebuilding.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPF9AeHznE]Homer Simpson - Shut up - YouTube[/ame]
Again i understand what they doing.
If you understand why they are doing it then why are you complaining about it :thinking:

I just think while they were rebuilding the minors which is going to take even longer cause of the CBA that they could have put better team on the MLB level.
Well there is a lot that can change this farm system pretty quickly, by the end of next season. First, Jorge Soler actually being cleared to signed. Soler would be the best prospect in our system once he is signed. The draft this year and next year should provide the Cubs top talent if they don't blow it, again this is where you have to look at Theo's track record in Boston. The other factor is that international amateur spending this season is equal, but next season it will be based upon standings from last season. I believe the spread is 2 million dollars between what the team with the worst record can spend compared to the World Series champion. Pair that with the Dominican Academy and the Cubs could be poised to make a killing in Latin America next season. The CBA does hurt the Cubs original plan, but within a couple of years this farm system could be restocked. As far as being competitive now, I don't really see how they could have done that without committing serious dollars down the road. It will be interesting to see if Greinke and Hamels hit the market what the Cubs do. They could stand pat, but I hope they would be involved in adding another top of the rotation starter to Garza and Shark giving them three top of the rotation, or at least potential top of the rotation in the case of Shark, in their late 20s.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Gerardo Concepcion sucking ass will deter the Cubs from trying out Soler, but I guess they might as well give it a shot since they have money to burn.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Gerardo Concepcion sucking ass will deter the Cubs from trying out Soler, but I guess they might as well give it a shot since they have money to burn.

Everyone at the time was saying that Concepcion wasn't as good as Cespedes and Soler. I don't think Concepcion will effect the Cubs position on Soler. Soler not being granted free agency til after July 2nd is another matter.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would certainly put a damper on things. Got Soler's slash lines available? It's been so long I forgot he existed.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't found any updates on Soler since the whole the Cubs didn't sign him and he hasn't been cleared for free agency updates. Is he even playing?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't found any updates on Soler since the whole the Cubs didn't sign him and he hasn't been cleared for free agency updates. Is he even playing?

Maybe stickball on a ranch, if anything. He's going to have to catch up in a hurry whenever someone does sign him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Its not english class. everyone here understands what im saying. Im not bitching about the same issues. In this thread i pointed out how the Cubs are not going to spend money in FA this coming year. I really havent bitched 1 time since the season started. I just pointing out that teams that spend money are usually good while teams that dont spend usually suck.

So because people are old they should dictate that we use another strategy posed for breakdown... great idea there!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe stickball on a ranch, if anything. He's going to have to catch up in a hurry whenever someone does sign him.

Yeah I am guessing at most he would play in rookie ball but probably wouldn't even come stateside this season given how late it is getting.