Will Dwight Howard be traded this season?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you believe the Magic will deal Howard at all this year? If so, to which team?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah they will. Unless they find a way to trade for someone to make Howard want to stay, there's no way he'll sign an extension to stay with them.

Idk where he goes though. My guess would be L.A or NJ since those are the 2 teams that have shown the most interest

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet he goes have you seen any clips of him in games? He's so out of it mentally. I have no idea where he will go thouh

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the pre-season and first few games shows that he has absolutely no desire to be in Orlando, regardless of what he says. His body language suggests he'd rather be getting his teeth cleaned. The problem is that any of the teams that have the pieces to acquire him are ones he doesn't want to play for, and the teams he DOES want to play for don't have enough to land him.

I'll go out on a limb and say that he does get traded this year. To who?

The Dallas Mavericks. Obviously, they'll have to pull a third or fourth team in to get the figures to work, but in the end, he'll be in Dallas..... and Deron Williams won't be far behind.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
I say there is still a great chance he's w/ another team before All-Star Weekend.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Magic don't trade him, Dwight will be forced to go to a team who can afford him in free agency unless there is a sign-and-trade.

If there is no sign-and-trade involving Orlando, then the only (big market) teams that would be able to afford him would be the New Jersey Nets or Los Angeles Clippers.

If Howard is traded before then, there are only a few teams with enough assets to trade for him.

The Bulls could offer 2 of the 3 of Noah/Boozer/Deng for Howard and Turkoglu's contract.

The Lakers could offer either Bynum or Gasol straight-up or Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Turkoglu's contract.

The Nets have offered the injured, poor-rebounding Brook Lopez and 2 first round picks. And the Clippers could perhaps offer DeAndre Jordan, Mo Williams, and Brian Cook? But those last two teams don't have quite the trading leverage the Bulls or Lakers do.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i dont see the clippers getting him

lakers seem like the big contenders here with gasol and bynum as good trade bait

NJ doesnt have that much to offer in the way of equalizing dwight's value(unless you do some kind of garnett trade)...big reason they've been contenders is because dwight wants to play with deron

i think turkoglu might be included in the trade...gotta think orlando would also be trying to clear some space

i dont want him to go to the lakers, though

dallas is interesting because they now have a hole at the center position...they could offer odom,cash,picks,haywood,etc.(though something like that may not be much better than the NJ trade)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i dont see the clippers getting him

lakers seem like the big contenders here with gasol and bynum as good trade bait

NJ doesnt have that much to offer in the way of equalizing dwight's value(unless you do some kind of garnett trade)...big reason they've been contenders is because dwight wants to play with deron

i think turkoglu might be included in the trade...gotta think orlando would also be trying to clear some space

i dont want him to go to the lakers, though

dallas is interesting because they now have a hole at the center position...they could offer odom,cash,picks,haywood,etc.(though something like that may not be much better than the NJ trade)

I would not be shocked if Mark Cuban traded Dirk Nowitzki straight-up for Dwight Howard considering they now have Lamar Odom.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would not be shocked if Mark Cuban traded Dirk Nowitzki straight-up for Dwight Howard considering they now have Lamar Odom.

they have marion too but he's basically the SF now...i dont see odom as a starter..he seems better from the bench

if i'm orlando...i dont take this deal unless there's desperation in that all the other possibilities have gone down the drain

plus i think it would be nice(especially for the fans) to see dirk retire a maverick

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they have marion too but he's basically the SF now...i dont see odom as a starter..he seems better from the bench

if i'm orlando...i dont take this deal unless there's desperation in that all the other possibilities have gone down the drain

plus i think it would be nice(especially for the fans) to see dirk retire a maverick

Yeah, although something tells me that when the writing is on the wall, Mark Cuban will hear a question from Otis Smith about his willingness to give up Nowitzki.

That would be a trade which would be pretty great for both teams in a purely basketball sense. Nowitzki is as ideal of a PF in Stan Van Gundy's system as you could ever imagine.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm tired of hearing about Howard, for basketball reasons.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Dallas will never trade Nowitzki. Never.

Dallas could offer Haywood, Marion, Terry, Odom & Draft picks for Howard, but I don't see that happening either. Dallas will go after Deron Williams since J. Kidd is retiring after this season. They have nice (projected lottery I think) draft picks to pick up young talent in the next few drafts too, so they'll be able to fill some holes with that.

I don't know who Orlando will trade Howard to if they already turned down that NJ deal earlier in the year...Lakers, Nets would be my 2 guesses, but the Nets more than the Lakers most likely.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
If Howard is not traded to the Lakers (which I have a good feeling he will be), then he will leave in the off-season & sign with the Nets. Either way, he's not ending up in Dallas & he sure as hell is not landing on our Bulls, no matter how "good" of a trade package we can come up with. Agents control player movement in this league. It has been that way for nearly 20 years now. If Howard wants to go to LA, he will end up in LA. If he wants to go to NJ, he'll end up in NJ.

And to be quite honest, I don't want Howard. I would rather have Kevin Love, even though it's a total pipe dream.