Who Is Your Least Favorite Cub?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alfonso Soriano

The financial, long term and on field damage that this thief did to this team is like nothing I have seen.

A couple of questions for Soriano.

-How old are your really?

-Why do you no try to catch the ball in the outfield?

-Have you ever run the bases before or do you just walk to 2nd and wait to be thrown out on anything that is not a HR.

I don't think he can run anymore. Too many leg injuries. That's why the contract looks even worse now than when he signed it.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
yeah fuck theroit....

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised there's not more Sammy Sosa mentions but I guess a lot of us are probably in the age group where he was our favorite player as a kid. At the end of the day though, he was a cheater and a quitter.

He was also one hell of a baseball player... this is baseball after all.

Alfonso Soriano

The financial, long term and on field damage that this thief did to this team is like nothing I have seen.

A couple of questions for Soriano.

-How old are your really?

-Why do you no try to catch the ball in the outfield?

-Have you ever run the bases before or do you just walk to 2nd and wait to be thrown out on anything that is not a HR.

How is Soriano a theif?

I don't see how Z is on anyone's list... He was so good for us for quite a long time. He's also one of the best pitchers this organization has had.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And Sosa and Prior and Wood

Sosa batted .305 w/ an OBP of .455 with 7 runs and 6 RBI in the Florida series.

Wood's ERA was 3.2, Prior's was 2.4 in that series.

Wood also batted .333 w/ a HR.

4chan-1301094703591.jpg

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was also one hell of a sham of a baseball player...
Fixed.

How is Soriano a theif?
He's not a theif. Hendry was just Special person.

I don't see how Z is on anyone's list... He was so good for us for quite a long time. He's also one of the best pitchers this organization has had.

Zambrano was a loose cannon, a complete asshat, almost entirely unreliable, and a complete clubhouse liability. Dude had a ton of talent and even saying he had a ten cent head woul dbe giving him too much credit.

LOL at him being one of the best pitchers this orgnaization has had.

1. Where would you rank him?

2. Does it really mean anything given the Cubs laughable history of talent in general.

Being oe of the better pieces of shit ever still means you are a piece of shit.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fixed.

He's not a theif. Hendry was just Special person.

Zambrano was a loose cannon, a complete asshat, almost entirely unreliable, and a complete clubhouse liability. Dude had a ton of talent and even saying he had a ten cent head woul dbe giving him too much credit.

2. Does it really mean anything given the Cubs laughable history of talent in general.

true post is truthful.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
true post is truthful.

Yeah, I can't wait to see CO's list of the vaunted "best pitchers in Cubs histroy" that includes the mention of what hasbasically been a career #2 or #3 starter with an anger issue who was traded because people in the clubhouse didn't want him here anymore.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I can't wait to see CO's list of the vaunted "best pitchers in Cubs histroy" that includes the mention of what hasbasically been a career #2 or #3 starter with an anger issue who was traded because people in the clubhouse didn't want him here anymore.

like this one?

pg2_g_turk_500.jpg

or this one?

kevin+tapani+%25285%2529.jpg

or this one?

Zambrano2.jpg

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
like this one?

pg2_g_turk_500.jpg

or this one?

kevin+tapani+%25285%2529.jpg

or this one?

Zambrano2.jpg

I'm sure he'll cite WAR or some other bullshit metric to try and make a case when as it stands right now I could name likely 10 pitchers teh Cubs have had that were easily better than Zambrano all things considered..more than likely 15. Perhaps 20.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This piece of shit.

display_image.jpg

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
He was also one hell of a baseball player... this is baseball after all.

:obama: Z is a fucking moron I cant believe anyone likes the dude after what he did to this team over the years dude is a cancer.

and Sosa is a cheat. This isnt cheating is it?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's ok. I'm sure CO has some assbackwards metric to try and wedge Z into the Top 10 Cubs pitchers of all time.

Let's all wait for it.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what if he used Steroids. He wasn't the only player to use steroids. He wasn't the only player to ever cheat, either.

Well considering we're talking about the Cubs organization, I think it means something...

He's 2nd on the team in K's, 8th in Wins, and 3rd in WAR. He's certainly not the biggest piece of shit on the team, now is he?

Considering that the Cubs haven't had many great pitchers, he is one of the best. Not that it is saying he is Sandy Koufax, but he's been good for the team. I'm not saying that he wasn't a bozo either, all I'm saying is that he was a damn good pitcher for the Cubs. One of the best in the organization's history.

As far as where would I rank him, somewhere in the top 10.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama: Z is a fucking moron I cant believe anyone likes the dude after what he did to this team over the years dude is a cancer.

and Sosa is a cheat. This isnt cheating is it?

Yeah Sosa did cheat. So the fuck what? Mantle, Aaron, Mays, and Koufax all cheated too.

What did Z do to the team over the years? What was so bad the he did? He won us a lot of ball games, I know that. Yeah, he had his blow up last year, but it's not like we were going anywhere, which doesn't take anyway from all the games he won/helped us win. Sure, he is a moron, a cancer, whatever, but don't try to deny the fact that he did a lot for this team, especially in 07 & 08 when we weren't terrible.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Yeah Sosa did cheat. So the fuck what? Mantle, Aaron, Mays, and Koufax all cheated too.

What did Z do to the team over the years? What was so bad the he did? He won us a lot of ball games, I know that. Yeah, he had his blow up last year, but it's not like we were going anywhere, which doesn't take anyway from all the games he won/helped us win. Sure, he is a moron, a cancer, whatever, but don't try to deny the fact that he did a lot for this team, especially in 07 & 08 when we weren't terrible.

He blew up every fucking season.

and FU for calling guys like Willie Mays Hank Aaron and Micky Mantle cheats u are Special person

How did Mantle cheat??? O thats right he didnt.

You should be a shame for calling those great HOFers cheats

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

He quit on his team. He put the team in bad positions numerous times throughout his career by leaving the game early and not taking care of his body.

Your favorite executives payed $15M to keep Zambrano away and took on more salary to keep him away.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He blew up every fuckig season.

and FU for calling guys like Willie Mays and Micky Mantle cheats u are Special person

How did Mantle cheat??? O thats right he didnt.

You should be a shape for calling those great HOFers cheats

In 1961, during his home run race with Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle developed a sudden abscess that kept him on the bench. It came from an infected needle used by Max Jacobson, a quack who injected Mantle with a home-brew containing steroids and speed. In his autobiography, Hank Aaron admitted once taking an amphetamine tablet during a game. The Pirates’ John Milner testified at a drug dealer’s trial that his teammate, Willie Mays, kept “red juice,” a liquid form of speed, in his locker. (Mays denied it.) After he retired, Sandy Koufax admitted the he was often “half high” on the mound from the drugs he took for his ailing left arm.

You mad?

Op-Ed Contributor - Let Steroids Into the Hall of Fame - NYTimes.com

As for Z, he did not blow up every season. Way to let your imagination go wild. He had last year, the DLee fight, and the Barrett fight.