Down On The Farm:Cubs Minors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot of baseball tonight to watch. I-Cubs are playing a double header. The first game is a matchup of bad former major leaguers with Claudio Vargas facing off against Rodrigo Lopez. Jackson struck out to lead off the I-Cubs first and Rizzo was robbed of a hit by a diving catch by the SS.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Valbuena and Vitters each doubled to start the second inning. I-Cubs tie the game at 1 a piece. Vitters took the first four pitches in the at bat to get a 3-1 count before he ripped the ball down the third base line for the double.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson lined out and Rizzo struck out in their next at bats. Vitters made a pretty nice defensive play at 3B as well. His defense really looks to be decent for 3B. I just haven't seen the butcher I imagined when I looked at those numbers from last year and before.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wellington Castilo is getting the start at 1B today at TN. Bour is playing in LF for the first time this season.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Logan Watkins is hot. He leadoff the Smokies first with a single which makes him 8 for his last 19. He moved to second base on a wildpitch, and he was driven in by Castillo who got thrown out at second.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Junior Lake beat out an infield single to leadoff the second. Lake is crazy athletic.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castillo just hit a 3 run bomb to make it 4-0 Tennesee.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
ChicagoCubsOnline‏@TheCCO

RT @IowaCubs Rizzo blasts home run number 18 to straight away center to bring the Cubs within one. Extends hitting streak to seven.

Good to hear

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tennessee is terrible on defense and getting some bad breaks. Struck had a foul ball called fair that resulted in a leadoff double. A perfect bunt and then the wheels came off for Struck and he gave up 3 runs.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa Cubs‏@IowaCubs

Valbuena intentionally walked, loads the bases for Vitters. One down, Cubs down by one.

Vitters will get it done. Cause he not a bad 3B like Stewart :troll:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peoria Chiefs‏@peoriachiefs

Chiefs' franchise record shutout streak ends at 30 2/3 innings as Frazier Hall hits a solo homer in 3rd. 1-0 CR, their first run of series

I saw 9 of those innings :troll:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa Cubs‏@IowaCubs

Vitters ties things up with a ground ball to second, reaches safely on an throwing error at second. Bases still juiced for Wright, one down

Told you, he get it done :troll:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa Cubs‏@IowaCubs

Cubs WIN in walk-off fashion. Ty Wright the hero again with an RBI-single for the comeback victory. Game two scheduled to start at 8:10.

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa Cubs‏@IowaCubs

2B Diory Hernadez with an over the shoulder basket catch in shallow right. #webgem

Since Cubs only care about DEF and not offense shocked he not Cubs starting 2B :cubstroll:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brett Jackson got picked off/caught in a run down between first and second to end the third inning.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brett Jackson makes some amends by making a nice sliding catch to start the fourth inning. The second game is a bullpen game for Iowa with Ryan Rowland-Smith pitching over 3 innings of scoreless ball.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters bobbled a grounder at him that should have been a double play ball. He recovered to get the runner at 2nd, but that allowed the first run to score in the inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.