#1 QB to Notre Dame

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So now we compare QB's based on their numerical rankings? If he played in a public school league he would likely be rated much higher, and thusly your argument would go right out the window. He was also recruited by OSU, Tamu, and lately by Texas (and hard considering their QB situation). Not exactly your directional michigan schools.
I never said the kid was bad. In fact I said the exact opposite, but comparing him to Andrew Luck based on practically nothing is laughable. You hyping Childress to be an Andrew Luck "clone" is exactly what you are accusing ND fans of doing.

Yeah Childress has a great QB pedigree.....his dad played defensive line!

It's both laughable and hypocritcal.

I've watched a couple of his games, and not only is he similar size but he has similar attributes to a young Andrew Luck.
LOL at this.
No he doesn't.

Btw, he nearly broke Texas single season passing yard record fwiw.
Do. Not. Care.

Yet despite all of this he's a 3 star by Rivals and Scout. ESPn has him as a 4 star though. You comparing him to Luck based on soemthing you've been reading on Rivals message boards is hialrious. The best I've seen is something along the line sof a poor man's Andrew Luck and that's not exactly a "clone".

But keep overhyping the guy the way you are accusing ND fans of doing with Kiel. it's funny.
My point was he'll likely be just another Notre Dame QB of late who gets hyped by media but never wins anything ala Quinn and Clausen.
Quinn went to back to back BCS bowls and Clausen was great in South Bend his last season. The Notre Dame defense was the issue for both of those guys. To claim that Quinn and Clausen "didn't win anything" and ignore the issues ND had on the other side of the ball is a lazy, sloppy, and a false statement.

But just keep talking out of your ass.

and I was reading about Gunner's headcase issue on the Indiana board
Ahh yes. Recruiting internet message boards. What a great source for information!

Are you kidding me?

LOL at saying Kiel at mental issue because he expected to start from Day 1 at Indi-fucking-ana.

Your argument is basically:

ZOMG Notre Dame is overhyping Kiel!...............while at the same time saying some 3 1/2 * QB from Texas is an Andrew Luck clone. Talk about hilarious.

Last edited:

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
This is why I don't visit this douchebag forum anymore...can't have a discussion without someone throwing a insult laden temper tantrum. But I'll try to continue this discussion anyway.

I never said the kid was bad. In fact I said the exact opposite, but comparing him to Andrew Luck based on practically nothing is laughable. You hyping Childress to be an Andrew Luck "clone" is exactly what you are accusing ND fans of doing.

Yeah Childress has a great QB pedigree.....his dad played defensive line!

It's both laughable and hypocritcal.

And I never said that YOU said he was bad. I said that you were comparing Luck and Childress based on their numerical ranking a recruiting service gave them, which is completely moronic. You don't compare players based on their ranking. Was Russel Sheppard a comparable QB to Matt Barkley (both #1 and #2) coming out of high school? Fuck no they weren't. You compare them based on their game which is what I and others did.

and I'd say having a pro bowler for a father probably helps with your genes. You act like Ford Childress only has the pedigree to be a Dlineman which is again, moronic. Pedigree goes far beyond what position they play :obama:

Not sure how any of that is "hypocritical" but I sense you just wanted to throw anything out and see if it stuck.

LOL at this.
No he doesn't.
Have you watched any of his games (not highlights)? Have you? No? They are similar in size, have similar pocket presence, and even have similar throwing motion. Again, this isn't a comparison of where recruiting services ranked them, this is a comparison of visible styles of plays. Not hard to grasp.

Do. Not. Care.

Yet despite all of this he's a 3 star by Rivals and Scout. ESPn has him as a 4 star though. You comparing him to Luck based on soemthing you've been reading on Rivals message boards is hialrious. The best I've seen is something along the line sof a poor man's Andrew Luck and that's not exactly a "clone".

But keep overhyping the guy the way you are accusing ND fans of doing with Kiel. it's funny.

and if you read what I posted or had any clue at all, you'd understand that he plays in a private school league which probably hurt his ranking as the competition isn't as strong.

I also didn't read it on a "message board" (hey look, you are jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth, shocker!) It came from one of the scouts or editors (it may have even been from ESPN, not necessarily rivals).

and It's nowhere near the same as ND situation. I merely stated watch out for Childress. On the other hand, Gunner will touted as the next Jimmy Clausen with ESPN segments about how the recruiter traveled all the way to his school and pulled him out of class to show him NFL champ rings.

Quinn went to back to back BCS bowls and Clausen was great in South Bend his last season. The Notre Dame defense was the issue for both of those guys. To claim that Quinn and Clausen "didn't win anything" and ignore the issues ND had on the other side of the ball is a lazy, sloppy, and a false statement.

But just keep talking out of your ass.

Oh snap, Quinn went to a couple BCS bowls and didn't win? Then got drafted and flopped despite all the hype? And Clausen had a good senior season? WOW, color me impressed! I've watched both of them play (stupid NBC) and they never showed much and in fact they never won anything and they didn't make it in the NFL either, despite both being crowned with golden halos the instant they committed. Does that mean Gunner is bound to follow the same path? Fuck no. He could be great for all I know.

Ahh yes. Recruiting internet message boards. What a great source for information!

Are you kidding me?

LOL at saying Kiel at mental issue because he expected to start from Day 1 at Indi-fucking-ana.

Considering Gunner was from the same town, I'd imagine that a few people knew a thing or two about the kid. Not to mention that he demanded the starting role over the established starting QB and even his own old brother. Not surprised he ran to bigger programs when they came calling. But keep acting like an 18 year old deserves a starting job at signal caller before he steps on campus...

Your argument is basically:

ZOMG Notre Dame is overhyping Kiel!...............while at the same time saying some 3 1/2 * QB from Texas is an Andrew Luck clone. Talk about hilarious.

You obviously didn't read my last post where I amended my statement to say it'll be the media doing the most hyping. But my "hyping" of Ford on a chicago sports forum is nowhere near the same level of hyping that Notre Dame churns out of it's PR department.

Now you can either continue to be a tactless jerk or take a deep breath, get a clue, and reply like you didn't just drop your juice box.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said that you were comparing Luck and Childress based on their numerical ranking a recruiting service gave them, which is completely moronic.
Yeah. I mean it can't be anymore moronic than watching two games and saying he's an Andrew Luck clone based on that.

Lulz.

Nice try.

Recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all. But it gives an overall feel for the player. Luck was one of the Top 3-5 QB's in the country by every service. Childress is not. In fact a few don't even have him ranked nationally. Meanwhile Luck was. Calling him an Andrew Luck clone given all teh avilable evaluations is laughable.

Not sure how any of that is "hypocritical"
I explained this.

You aren't smart enough to get it.

Have you watched any of his games
Yes.

He is not an Andrew Luck clone.

Frankly, he compares more closely to Brady Quinn when he came out of Ohio than Luck.

It came from one of the scouts or editors (it may have even been from ESPN, not necessarily rivals).
Can't even remember where it came from.
Nice.

WVU Message board :fap: among fans.

Cute.

I merely stated watch out for Childress.
You called him an Andrew Luck clone. Luck is the best QB in college football. Offering a critique of Gunner Kiel as being overhyped then over hyping a 3 * prospect by calling him a clone of the best QB in college football and best pro prospect since 1998 is laughable.

On the other hand, Gunner will touted as the next Jimmy Clausen with ESPN segments about how the recruiter traveled all the way to his school and pulled him out of class to show him NFL champ rings.
:lol: Whut? ESPN doesn't even have Kiel as the top QB in the country for one thing. And ESPN already ran a story on him today and it wasn't gushing.

Talk about being a bitter WVU fan.

ZOMG Your HS QB will getmore hype than mine!

Who cares.

Then got drafted and flopped despite all the hype? And Clausen had a good senior season? WOW, color me impressed!
Congrats on restating what I said.
I've watched both of them play (stupid NBC) and they never showed much

Bitter WVU fan is bitter.
both being crowned with golden halos the instant they committed.
Quinn wasn't. hell QUinn was an afterthought for Ty. The only reason Quinn got an offer was because Ndukwe's dad suggested it. Quinn wasn't rated nationally and wasn't nearly as well thought of as Clausen as a recruit.

Clausen was being chased by everyone. Overhyped? Sure. But that would haev happened had he ended up at USC too. Kid was/is a cock.
for all I know.
Doesn't seem like much currently.

Considering Gunner was from the same town
Yeah because we all know internet message boards = truth tellers.

Are you new to the web or something?

ZOMG! Someone on rivals said Gunner is a jerk!
But keep acting like an 18 year old deserves a starting job at signal caller before he steps on campus...
At Indiana. He does. His brother blows and so does the kid they have now.

You obviously didn't read my last post where I amended my statement to say it'll be the media doing the most hyping.

Yeah. The evil media. Imagine that, the #1 or #2 QB prospect in the land gets some "hype". Are you new to this planet?

same level of hyping that Notre Dame churns out of it's PR department.
Yep, that press release today they sent out on the EE kids was HUGE hype.

Lulz.

The kid woul dbe hyped a shit ton no matter what college he went to. Jesus, if he had gone to LSU he would have been at a press conference yesterday afternoon.

It's like you just started watching college football or something.

get a clue.

Pot meet kettle.

You have NO clue what you are talking about at all.

ZOMG, Gunner Kiel shouldn't be getting hype! My shitty 3* recruit going to WVU should! He's the clone of Andrew Luck!

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Yay, more immaturity from the clown with the troll face sig.

Yeah. I mean it can't be anymore moronic than watching two games and saying he's an Andrew Luck clone based on that.

Lulz.

Nice try.

Did you just say watching a couple hours of game film is just as moronic as comparing a player based on recruiting rankings? Oh please.

Recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all. But it gives an overall feel for the player. Luck was one of the Top 3-5 QB's in the country by every service. Childress is not. In fact a few don't even have him ranked nationally. Meanwhile Luck was. Calling him an Andrew Luck clone given all teh avilable evaluations is laughable.

Overall feel for the player? No.
But their are statistics suggesting stars indicate how good they will turn out. However, when looking at individuals, it's a complete crap shoot. 2 stars turn into great players and 5 stars flop. Not sure how you can get a "feel" for a specific player based on what some guy ranks him.

and again, I'm not evaluating him based on what some regional scout ranked him. I'm evaluating him on what I've seen. Similar styles, similar odd throwing motion, similar smarts, similar size. As I stated, he is "practically" a clone. I maintain that playing in a private school league hurt his ranking, but if you go by offers, just as many big schools went after Ford as they did Luck. But some schools may have backed off Luck based on his desire to go to a great engineering school (this does happen)

Yes.

He is not an Andrew Luck clone.

Frankly, he compares more closely to Brady Quinn when he came out of Ohio than Luck.

Okay, that's a better discussion. Now you need to qualify your statement with evidence. Why do you think this?

Can't even remember where it came from.
Nice.

WVU Message board :fap: among fans.

Cute.

I know it wasn't scout, and I think it's rivals. But I saw something on Ford's ESPN profile saying he compares to...and then it cuts off, so it may have been ESPN. I know the WVU forum does have a moron or two who will post ESPN insider information against the rules, so it's possible that ESPN could be the source. But no, the quote didn't come from a WVU fan, it came from a professional.

You called him an Andrew Luck clone. Luck is the best QB in college football. Offering a critique of Gunner Kiel as being overhyped then over hyping a 3 * prospect by calling him a clone of the best QB in college football and best pro prospect since 1998 is laughable.

To be fair, I didn't say he was an exact clone. They share a lot of similarities on the football field and they grew up together playing pitch and catch in the back yard. They could have picked up pointers from Oliver Luck or share similar views on football.

I do admit "clone" wasn't the best term. Saying he isn't an exact clone is a bit of oxymoron (how can you be a clone if you lack similarities) But alas, it's merely an analogy.

:lol: Whut? ESPN doesn't even have Kiel as the top QB in the country for one thing. And ESPN already ran a story on him today and it wasn't gushing.

Talk about being a bitter WVU fan.

ZOMG Your HS QB will getmore hype than mine!

Who cares.

Was just using ESPN as an example. Your QBs have gotten a lot of hype in college and NFL draft for no good reason other than they wear a sparkly golden helmet.

Congrats on restating what I said.

For being a troll, you sure don't pick up on sarcasm very well...

Bitter WVU fan is bitter.

compared to the ND fan who got upset when I doubted Gunner and his mentality?

Quinn wasn't. hell QUinn was an afterthought for Ty. The only reason Quinn got an offer was because Ndukwe's dad suggested it. Quinn wasn't rated nationally and wasn't nearly as well thought of as Clausen as a recruit.

Clausen was being chased by everyone. Overhyped? Sure. But that would haev happened had he ended up at USC too. Kid was/is a cock.

Doesn't seem like much currently.

I always thought Quinn was the better QB than Clausen, but during his time at ND he got a lot of love for not doing a whole lot.

Yeah because we all know internet message boards = truth tellers.

Are you new to the web or something?

ZOMG! Someone on rivals said Gunner is a jerk!

They were talking this way about their #1 QB commit. I know that people have a lot of info on recruits from my local area. I don't see how it's hard to believe that people on the internet actually might know family and coaches.

At Indiana. He does. His brother blows and so does the kid they have now.

So no red flag pops up when a recruit demands to be the starter from day 1 without taking one snap in practice? Is that what you want from your team leading QB?

Pot meet kettle.

You have NO clue what you are talking about at all.

ZOMG, Gunner Kiel shouldn't be getting hype! My shitty 3* recruit going to WVU should! He's the clone of Andrew Luck!

Coming from a guy who thinks you compare recruits based on where they are ranked? Or a guy who thinks genetics determines position on football field?
lol

I also never said Gunner shouldn't get hype, I said he will get overhyped by Notre Dame and their fans, just like BQ and JC.

and so much for "i never said Ford was bad" statement...

Last edited:

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Let's condense this.

You said Childress was more similar to Brady Quinn.

Can you provide some details so we can actually discuss actual football in a mature manner?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah. A few more things. Clausen didn't play his senior season. He was all hyped enough after makign 2nd team AA to go Pro. :smug:

Quinn went on to make an armful of All American teams. Won the Sammy Baugh, Maxwell, and Unitas awards, and finished 4th then 3rd in the Heisman voting.

Yeah. True. Quinn was overhyped too!

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you provide some details so we can actually discuss actual football in a mature manner?

Well i watched two games films of Quinn. Watched a couple of Childress. Then went on some WVU rivals boards and compared comments.

Seems pretty legit.

lulz.

If Childress ends up as good as Quinn you'll be damn lucky.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Well i watched two games films of Quinn. Watched a couple of Childress. Then went on some WVU rivals boards and compared comments.

Seems pretty legit.

lulz.

If Childress ends up as good as Quinn you'll be damn lucky.

Come on now, you can do better.

How are they comparable? I'd sincerely like to hear your analysis.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is why I don't visit this douchebag forum anymore...can't have a discussion without someone throwing a insult laden temper tantrum. But I'll try to continue this discussion anyway.

Really? This is going to be your stance?

Generalize 4,000 members because 1 person called you out on this? Fuck EVERYTHING about that.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Really? This is going to be your stance?

Generalize 4,000 members because 1 person called you out on this? Fuck EVERYTHING about that.

Have you actually read this forum lately?

I've been here when this forum was a good bit smaller.

The same old people post the same old penis jokes and gay slurs in chat. Everyone cusses up a storm and threads can barely stay on topic without going down the drain.

I come back and post once or talk in chat and some of the same old timers ask me why I don't post more.

Most of your journalists are still in high school (they do produce fairly good stuff) and the market you attract to this forum isn't much intellectually older.

and you may get 100 members on at once, more if it's game day. But most seem to lurk and for good reason.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on now, you can do better.

How are they comparable? I'd sincerely like to hear your analysis.

You're not worth my analysis.

Plus my first replay was serious as well.

You'll be lucky if Childress becomes half the QB Quinn was, let alone annointing him a clone of Luck.

Brady Quinn is a better match for CHilddress, from a size, speed, arm strength, accuracy, and overall evaluation. Especially relative to general evaluations of kids coming out of HS.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

The same old people post the same old penis jokes and gay slurs in chat. Everyone cusses up a storm and threads can barely stay on topic without going down the drain.

I come back and post once or talk in chat and some of the same old timers ask me why I don't post more.

Most of your journalists are still in high school (they do produce fairly good stuff) and the market you attract to this forum isn't much intellectually older.

and you may get 100 members on at once, more if it's game day. But most seem to lurk and for good reason.

If that's your stance, go fuck yourself. Seems like you're attempting to throw the site under the bus because FirstTimer dismantled you and emasculated you. I had never heard ANYTHING of this nature, until you got put on blast.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
You're not worth my analysis.

Plus my first replay was serious as well.

You'll be lucky if Childress becomes half the QB Quinn was, let alone annointing him a clone of Luck.

Brady Quinn is a better match for CHilddress, from a size, speed, arm strength, accuracy, and overall evaluation. Especially relative to general evaluations of kids coming out of HS.

Okay, so you say it's not worth the analysis, but then you give me the analysis.

Childress is actually bigger and slower than quinn. And Childress doesn't have much touch on his passes.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yet, it's our fault that you complain about Gunner being overhyped by ND fans...yet come in touting some 3* QB going to WVU as an Andrew Luck clone and act surprised that you get called out on hilarious hypocrisy?

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
If that's your stance, go fuck yourself. Seems like you're attempting to throw the site under the bus because FirstTimer dismantled you and emasculated you. I had never heard ANYTHING of this nature, until you got put on blast.

This coming from the owner is an indictment on the situation of the board.

Seriously, take a look around. This entire forum is comparable if not worse than most Off topic forums.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Yet, it's our fault that you complain about Gunner being overhyped by ND fans...yet come in touting some 3* QB going to WVU as an Andrew Luck clone and act surprised that you get called out on hilarious hypocrisy?

another indictment on the situation of this board.

I attempted to discuss why I felt Ford was similar to Andrew and why I felt ND Qbs are overrated.

You flamed.

You also partially attempted a reasonable conversation on a couple points. So I can't completely write off your replies.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This coming from the owner is an indictment on the situation of the board.

Seriously, take a look around. This entire forum is comparable if not worse than most Off topic forums.

Feel free to go fuck off at some off topic forums in that case. I am always one to be level headed until somebody decides to take a shot at our site, for the only reason because they just got their shit RAN by another poster.

Everybody always wants to point out stuff wrong on the site after another poster dismantles their argument and makes them look stupid. It is not CCS's fault if you cannot back up your talk. Up until that point, I had heard 0 from you about anything.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Childress is actually bigger and slower than quinn. And Childress doesn't have much touch on his passes.

Wrong again.

Rivals had Quinn listed at 6'4 215 coming out of HS(they had Luck the same size as well)

Childress 6'4 210. Virtually the same size.

Quinn was running 4.6-4.7. Childress was running around 4.8. HS 40 times suck anyways though. Even still Rivals had Luck at a 4.7. So he's "faster" than Childress too. Even still Luck was always seen as the better athlete than Quinn anyways in evaluations. Childress isn't viewed as nearly teh pure athlete Luck is/was coming out. I mean Luck was getting compared as a polished Jordan Jefferson. Childress can't say that. Neither can Quinn.

Quinn's biggest issue during his time at ND before Weis got there was deep balls and touch. Sounds familiar huh? Quinn and Childress don't have overly powerful arms. Luck's is stronger.

You Childress as a Luck clone is laughable still. Especially given your complaint of Kiel being overhyped.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Feel free to go fuck off at some off topic forums in that case. I am always one to be level headed until somebody decides to take a shot at our site, for the only reason because they just got their shit RAN by another poster.

Everybody always wants to point out stuff wrong on the site after another poster dismantles their argument and makes them look stupid. It is not CCS's fault if you cannot back up your talk. Up until that point, I had heard 0 from you about anything.

You know why you didn't hear anything? Because I avoided the forum. I log onto the white sox forum to lurk for news.

Most of the topics in there turn to mush though.

Again, your attitude is the exact reason I avoid posting here. You are the owner and you let an awful lot to get by on this forum. Then you show complete unprofessionalism when someone points out how your precious forum is in need of repair.

and to think I thought about being a supporter when I first joined.