CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
And to think I thought about wanting you to be a poster when you first joined...

FirstTimer now has your masculinity in a jar on his dresser.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Wrong again.

Rivals had Quinn listed at 6'4 215 coming out of HS(they had Luck the same size as well)

Childress 6'4 210. Virtually the same size.

Quinn was running 4.6-4.7. Childress was running around 4.8. HS 40 times suck anyways though. Even still Rivals had Luck at a 4.7. So he's "faster" than Childress too. Even still Luck was always seen as the better athlete than Quinn anyways in evaluations. Childress isn't viewed as nearly teh pure athlete Luck is/was coming out. I mean Luck was getting compared as a polished Jordan Jefferson. Childress can't say that. Neither can Quinn.

Quinn's biggest issue during his time at ND before Weis got there was deep balls and touch. Sounds familiar huh? Quinn and Childress don't have overly powerful arms. Luck's is stronger.

You Childress as a Luck clone is laughable still. Especially given your complaint of Kiel being overhyped.

I was going by Scout's information. They had Ford bigger, and Quinn faster. But you know how high school measurables are, always inflated.

I don't think Ford went to any combines or camps and I don't know if Luck did or not, so I can't really compare their pure athleticism.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
And to think I thought about wanting you to be a poster when you first joined...

FirstTimer now has your masculinity in a jar on his dresser.

Of course, you can't stand up for your own self, so you live vicariously through firsttimer.

Who's masculinity does he own again?

Seriously, grow up. This forum has (had?) potential to cater to a large sports market, and I've invited a few people to this forum in the past. But you really aren't going to make any progress unless things are cleaned up a little (I'd argue getting rid of public chat would be a great start, make it for subscribers only).

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going by Scout's information.
Scout typically sucks.

Plus go look up some film of Childress. he's listed 6'4 210.

You're still wrong!
But you know how high school measurables are, always inflated.
Yet knowing this you still chose to use "size" as a comparable to Andrew Luck.

WHUT?1

so I can't really compare their pure athleticism.
Which makes you dumb. Look at the comparables.

You go through Quinn's comparables coming out. Pocket passers, maybea guy with a little agililty. Go through Luck's: More mobile guys. Even some dual threat QB's. Quinn and Childress don't really have that. Plus they aren't as natural of athlete's. Luck is a really smooth and natural runner. Quinn and Childress aren't.

You hve no leg to stand on here.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Of course, you can't stand up for your own self, so you live vicariously through firsttimer.

Who's masculinity does he own again?

Seriously, grow up. This forum has (had?) potential to cater to a large sports market, and I've invited a few people to this forum in the past. But you really aren't going to make any progress unless things are cleaned up a little (I'd argue getting rid of public chat would be a great start, make it for subscribers only).

If you want a daycare, go elsewhere.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Scout typically sucks.

Plus go look up some film of Childress. he's listed 6'4 210.

You're still wrong!

Yet knowing this you still chose to use "size" as a comparable to Andrew Luck.

WHUT?1

Which makes you dumb. Look at the comparables.

You go through Quinn's comparables coming out. Pocket passers, maybea guy with a little agililty. Go through Luck's: More mobile guys. Even some dual threat QB's. Quinn and Childress don't really have that. Plus they aren't as natural of athlete's. Luck is a really smooth and natural runner. Quinn and Childress aren't.

You hve no leg to stand on here.

I agree, Scout isn't the best, but most recruiting services don't get correct size and weight unless the info comes from their combine.

Scout's listing on Luck in HS could be just as inflated.

I suppose Luck does act like a big freakin FB on occassion. Childress would rather throw it away. But Childress does move well in the pocket and throws pretty well on the run.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, Scout isn't the best, but most recruiting services don't get correct size and weight unless the info comes from their combine.

Scout's listing on Luck in HS could be just as inflated.
Or it might not be.

Which renders your comparison to Luck based on size as utterly moot.

Keep swinging and missing.

I suppose Luck does act like a big freakin FB on occassion.
You suppose?

How much college football do you actually watch?
But Childress does move well in the pocket and throws pretty well on the run.

Ok. So did Brady Quinn.

Your initial comparison sucked.

Your initial comparison was hypocritical.

You'd be lucker if Childress was half the QB Quinn was in college.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Or it might not be.

Which renders your comparison to Luck based on size as utterly moot.

Keep swinging and missing.

You suppose?

How much college football do you actually watch?

Ok. So did Brady Quinn.

Your initial comparison sucked.

Your initial comparison was hypocritical.

You'd be lucker if Childress was half the QB Quinn was in college.

So my comparison is moot because Scout may or may not have listed the appropriate height by +/- an inch? Let's just forget about all the other aspects such as arm strength, accuracy, field awareness etc...

and how is it hypocritical? Do you know what it means? It means saying one thing and doing another. A more appropriate term would be contradictory, but even then I don't see the connection.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Bitch move.

Wait until you get smashed by somebody to make a complete generalization about a group of people.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Bitch move.

Wait until you get smashed by somebody to make a complete generalization about a group of people.

You are the quintessential leader of this forum, and your filling that generalization nicely by your very self.

And that's a fact.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just forget about all the other aspects such as arm strength, accuracy, field awareness etc...
Which he doesn't compare to with Luck.

Quinn is a better comp.

and how is it hypocritical?

Are you dense?

Complaining about overhyping a player(then complaining about Quinn and Clausen being overhyped later)....then immedietly turning around in the same post and over hyping a different player is the very definition of saying one thing and doing another.

:rolling: at you.

Do you know what a rhetorical question is? Especially in context of him telling you your "stance" sucked to begin with.

Nice work.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
You are the quintessential leader of this forum, and your filling that generalization nicely by your very self.

And that's a fact.

Eat shit. :)

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Are you dense?

Complaining about overhyping a player(then complaining about Quinn and Clausen being overhyped later)....then immedietly turning around in the same post and over hyping a different player is the very definition of saying one thing and doing another.

:rolling: at you.

that has nothing to do with the comparison of Luck and Childress...you said my comparison of them was hypocritical...

"Your initial comparison was hypocritical."

How was comparison between them hypocritical? Seriously, get your act together.

Do you know what a rhetorical question is? Especially in context of him telling you your "stance" sucked to begin with.

Nice work.

Maybe he should have thought about not posting it then if he didn't want me to reply.