Compensation For Theo: Chris Carpenter And A PTBNL

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its Carpenter PTBNL for a PTBNL and Theo lmao

Carrie Muskat @CarrieMuskat
#Cubs give up Carpenter and a player to be named for Theo and another player to be named.

Of course they make it drag out longer

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ricketts is cheap amirite

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't expect them to get someone that (potentially) good smh

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
im actually excited its only a 26 y/o RP going for Theo

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Per MLB via Twitter.

"BREAKING: @Cubs send RHP Chris Carpenter and PTBN to @RedSox for PTBN, completing compensation for Theo Epstein."

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per MLB via Twitter.

"BREAKING: @Cubs send RHP Chris Carpenter and PTBN to @RedSox for PTBN, completing compensation for Theo Epstein."

Cubs also getting PTBN

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theo Epstein Compensation FINALLY Resolved!!!! |

I know many of you are happy to see the words “Theo Epstein’s compensation to Boston is finally resolve” in one sentence. I would like to say me too. There have been back and fourth reports saying it’ll be done and it’s not even close all Winter. It has been annoying and if we should believe the report or not. We all came to the idea of not believing any report until the official announcement came down. Now we should be able to believe the report as more than one reporter has said an announcement will be made today. Not to mention, no Cubs reporter is chiming in on the matter … go figure.

Before the player was announced, reports have said the player will be a pitcher on the Cubs 40-man roster. When the first report said that, a lot of us thought Chris Carpenter would be the guy going to Boston. Other players that are on the 40-man roster that fits the mold of going to Boston are … right-handed pitchers Alberto Cabrera, Trey McNutt, Rafael Dolis, Casey Coleman and lefty Jeff Beliveau.

…and the official player going to the Red Sox IS Chris Carpenter and a player to be named later, tweets a Cubs reporter (Paul Sullivan). So … many of us predicted right. I’m going to miss Carpetner, but I think it’s a fair player going to the Red Sox. Carpenter whom is a 26 year old right-handed pitcher was drafted by the Cubs in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft. Carpenter had a really good chance to make the ‘pen out of spring training and I think he still does with the Red Sox. A player that could make the ‘pen out of spring training in place of Carpenter in Rafael Dolis. I wish the best for Carpenter on a new journey! I wonder who the PTBNL is … nothing to worry about, though.

The Cubs will also receive a player to be name later … interesting!

All of this started when Tom Ricketts wanted to hire Theo Epstein. The Cubs could not just sign Epstein since he was still on contract with Boston. Since the Cubs and Boston could not come up with a deal in the week or so they were talking, Theo Epstein decided to resign with Boston and sign with the Cubs on October 21st. Then both teams would come up with the compensation at a later date [a later DATE indeed]. However, people didn’t think the player should be too good because Epstein had 1 year on his contract, took a promotion and was not close to owner John Henry.

Since both teams had trouble coming up with the compensation, the owner of the Red Sox was getting aggravated and decided to leave the compensation in Bud Selig’s hand. Last week both teams sent in lists of players to Selig to make it eaiser on him and try to find the most fair deal.

Also, the Cubs are expected to send a low-level prospect to the San Diego Padres for the Cubs taking Jed Hoyer and Jason McLeod. People think the Cubs have a player the Cubs will send over and are just waiting for the Theo Epstein compensation to be resolved. The San Diego Padres compensation could be resolve today too, but we don’t know for sure.

I’m just glad to say … Theo Epstein is officially a Cub and we can get are mind to baseball! It’s over!!!!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its actually not resovled.. 2 PTBN to swap still.. Just know the main piece going over

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that it's been resolved, we'll take this over to the main forum and change the thread title.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Paul Sullivan @PWSullivan
The players to be named later will be done by April 15. Compensation for SD for Jed wil" get done very soon. Not anyone from 40-man.

assuming just flipping specs that each team likes over other teams spec

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bud Selig did not settle the matter; the #Cubs and #RedSox did

Players to be named later to be done by April 15. Comp for Hoyer to get done soon. #Cubs #Padres

so still losing 2 more guys for Theo and Hoyer lol

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Miles @BruceMiles2112
#Cubs getting a player from Boston because the transaction had to be a player trade.

That cant be right cause Cubs traded a Single A player for MIN GM in early 90's. No player from MIN sent to Cubs then

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Boston fans saying Ricketts cheap :smug:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Red Sox fan: "What No Matt Gahzeh!?!?!? Deyude we loved Theo! Dat's some Gahbage! Clam Chowdeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cloud 9

O.G.
Liked Posts:
Chris Carpenter had been my Cubs adopt a spec at PSD for years. Considering some people actually thought Brett Jackson was a possibility, this isn't too bad. I'll miss Carpenter though. I think he's going to be solid.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars