1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Rebuilding the Dawg Pound

1572560428_7b90e4e3ac_z.jpg
A Cleveland Browns Madden Chise

The Cleveland Browns. Once a franchise with a promise of bringing a Super Bowl title to it's dedicated fans in Cleveland has now turned into a dismal franchise at the bottom of the NFL. For years they have been in rebuilding mode. Trying to piece together that team good enough to compete with the beasts of the AFC North.

Arguably no city in America deserves a title more then Cleveland. They've gone through heartbreak, betrayal, and just strings of bad luck. Fear not Cleveland as your day will come.

One mans mission becomes a cities hope. I will take over the Cleveland Browns in Madden 12, and try to bring them to the top of the NFL. The path wont be easy however, going up against power houses like the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens. With the emergence of the young Bengals, the pressure is on the Browns to make a statement.

The only question is, can they?

Key Players
Peyton Hillis, Running Back
Joe Haden, Cornerback
Colt McCoy, Quarterback

System Settings
System: XBOX 360
Quarter Length: 9 minutes
Run-off: 15 sec
Skill: All-Madden
Fantasy Draft: No
Injuries: On
Trades: On

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2011-2012 Cleveland Browns Schedule
Preseason
vs. Green Bay, W
vs. Detroit, L
@Philadelphia, L
@Chicago, L

Regular Season

Week 1: vs. Cincinnati, W 28-21
Week 2: @Indianapolis, L 7-17
Week 3: vs. Miami, W 20-17
Week 4: vs. Tennessee
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: @Oakland
Week 7: vs. Seattle
Week 8: @San Francisco
Week 9: @Houston
Week 10: vs. St. Louis
Week 11: vs. Jacksonville
Week 12: @Cincinnati
Week 13: vs. Baltimore
Week 14: @Pittsburgh
Week 15: @Arizona
Week 16: @Baltimore
Week 17: vs. Pittsburgh

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A Season of Hope?
By The Cleveland Plain Dealer

For Browns fans it's been almost a decade of disappointment. But as we head into the 2011-2012 season, we are just glad football is back.

After a lockout threatened to cancel the NFL season, a deal was struck. There will be football. Regardless of the Browns past struggles, it's a new year. A new hope. New optimism for a successful season. Optimism for a city in need of a champion.

And it all relys on the Browns, at least until the end of the season.

I don't expect much from this team this season. It's another rebuilding year in a brutal AFC North division that the Browns are predicted to finish 4th in.

But the future is bright. A young core that could help the rebuilding mode go a little better then expected.

On the offensive end we have hope in our young tough quarterback Colt McCoy. McCoy impressed a few people last season with his toughness. He could be a serviceable player to build around. Complementing him is a tough hard nose back in Peyton Hillis. Hillis represents what Cleveland is all about. Tough, hard nosed, gritty, and pain. Hillis gives hope for an offense that struggled for much of last season.

Joe Haden leads a mediocre Browns secondary that doesn't match up with the tough defenses in Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Haden is a young talented corner back that has a knack for finding the ball and shutting down receivers.

The Browns won't look to make a lot of noise this season, but rather just build some chemistry and start to get talent in.

It will take some time, but we are used to it. Because, you know...this is Cleveland.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Browns finish Pre-Season 1-3; Prepare for Bengals
Cleveland Plain Dealer

After finishing a disappointing preseason at 1-3, the Browns now look to amp up for a opening week showdown against in state rival Bengals.

The Browns took down Green Bay in their first preseason game. They dropped their final three against Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago. Not much is speculated from the preseason, but the Browns didn't play horrible.

The pressure is on Colt McCoy and the offense to put up points this season. Something they couldn't do last season and it cost them. McCoy will be working with a receiving core that he says he feels comfortable with.

"We don't have the big time super star, but we have guys that want to win. That's all that matters to us" said McCoy after Fridays practice.

Return star Joshua Cribbs leads the receiving core who features a heavy dose of speed. Cribbs is joined by rookie Greg Little who is #2 on the Browns depth chart to start the season.

Little provides a big body target for McCoy to find in go to situations. As a rookie, he will be expected to make an impact soon. You don't see a rookie in that role very often. Little isn't worried about it or the pressure surrounding him.

"I'm going to do my job. And thats to catch passes from Colt. He's got a strong arm, and hopefully I do my job" said Little, who also speculated himself as being rookie of the year.

"I feel like I got a chance to shine. No one is paying attention to Cleveland, but we are ready"

We will see how ready the Browns are when the Bengals come into town on Sunday.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
nfl-logo.gif

Standings

AFC North
1. Browns 2-1
2. Steelers 2-1
3. Ravens 2-1
4. Bengals 1-2

AFC South
1. Texans 3-0
2. Titans 2-1
3. Colts 2-1
4. Jaguars 1-2

AFC East
1. Bills 2-1
2. Patriots 2-1
3. Jets 1-2
4. Dolphins 0-3

AFC West
1. Chiefs 3-0
2. Raiders 1-2
3. Broncos 1-2
4. Chargers 0-3

NFC North
1. Lions 2-1
2. Packers 2-1
3. Vikings 1-2
4. Bears 0-3

NFC South
1. Panthers 3-0
2. Bucs 2-1
3. Falcons 3-1
4. Saints 1-2

NFC East
1. Eagles 2-1
2. Cowboys 2-1
3. Redskins 1-2
4. Giants 1-2

NFC West
1. Seahawks 2-1
2. 49ers 1-2
3. Cardinals 1-2
4. Rams 0-3

Stats

Passing:
1. Drew Brees (NO)
2. Matt Cassel (KC)
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF)
4. Jason Campbell (OAK)
5. Peyton Manning (IND)

Rushing
1. Adrian Peterson (MIN)
2. Ray Rice (BAL)
3. Michael Turner (ATL)
4. Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
5. Michael Bush (OAK)

Receiving
1. Joel Dreessen (HOU)
2. Michael Crabtree (SF)
3. Jimmy Graham (NO)
4. Mike Williams (TB)
5. Kenny Britt (TEN)

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A "Brown(s) Kind of Day"
By NFL.Com

Sheldon Browns interception return paves way to Browns victory

95554343_display_image.jpg

The Browns are in the win column. It's just week one of the NFL season, but for Browns fans this one is much sweeter.

The Browns defeated rival Cincinnati 28-21 to move to 1-0 on the season.

Cleveland got the scoring started early and often. Colt McCoy found Jordan Norwood wide open over the middle for a 24 yard touchdown with 3:42 remaining in the first quarter. Then on the Bengals ensuing drive, D'Qwell Jackson picked off rookie Andy Dalton and took it 97 yards to the house for a 14-0 Browns lead.

In the second quarter, the Browns defense struck again. Sheldon Brown picked off Dalton and took it 64 yards for the touchdown and a 21-0 Browns lead.

The Bengals fought back however. Scoring 14 unanswered points which included a Dalton five yard pass to fellow rookie AJ Green at the end of the first half. Then a Benard Scott 48 yard run pulled the Bengals to within 7.

McCoy and the Browns offense weren't done scoring. McCoy found rookie Greg Little for a six yard touchdown pass. A Jermaine Gresham 6 yard touchdown at the end of the game closed the scoring out for both teams.

The Browns offense started to click on all cylinders. Led by Peyton Hillis who finished with 107 yards on 16 carries, the Browns took control early. McCoy was solid, connecting on 12 passes to 5 different receivers for 144 yards, and two touchdowns.

More importantly the Browns didn't make the key mistake. They didn't turn the ball over once. Usually thats a receipe for success.
The Browns looked impressive none the less, but you can't get too excited about this one. There's a game next week to prepare for.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
(1-0)
CLE.png
@
IND.png
(0-1)

QUARTER|-1-|-2-|-3-|-4-|-F-
BROWNS|7|0|0|0|7
COLTS|0|7|0|10|17
Disappointment in Indy
Browns.com

Coaching gamble costs Browns game

10336274-large.jpg

The Browns took a gamble, and they lost. That's what happens sometimes. Sundays gamble costed the Browns the game, and a 2-0 record.

The Browns scored first when Colt McCoy found Jordan Norwood in the corner of the end zone for a 21 yard touchdown.

After the Browns defense forced a quick three and out, the Browns had third and goal from the one. This is where it got interesting. After runs on first and second down, the Browns went to play-action and McCoy targeted Hillis who had the ball deflected away from him at the last second.

The Browns decided to go for it on fourth down, and Hillis momentum couldnt carry him to the end zone. The momentum for the Browns was also gone. The Colts, led by Peyton Manning, scored 14 unaswered points including a Joseph Addai 3 yard run to put the Colts ahead in the fourth quarter with 1:06 left.

The loss is the first for the Browns on the young season...but it hurts. Believe me. Players were upset in the locker room wondering why Coach Pat Shurmur went for it on that fourth down.

Shurmur was convinced Hillis could reach the end zone. "I knew Hillis could get in. He's a monster, not many people can stand him up and take him down. I just guessed wrong".

The Browns now host the Dolphins in week 3.

Last edited:

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Can I make one of these for my Iowa State NCAA dynasty? :pray:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
(0-2)
MIA.png
@
CLE.png
(1-1)

QUARTER|-1-|-2-|-3-|-4-|-F-
DOLPHINS|0|7|7|3|17
BROWNS|3|7|7|3|20
Coming Out Party
Browns.com

Mitchell has breakout game in Browns win

103843937_display_image.jpg

It was Carlton Mitchell's day in Cleveland on Sunday. The second year receiver had his 'coming out' party of sorts in Sundays 20-17 win over the Miami Dolphins.

Mitchell caught three passes for 83 yards, and had two touchdowns including a 61 yard score in the first quarter.

Mitchell seemed to be the go to guy for McCoy in Sundays win. Although he only caught three passes, the Browns used a lot more four wide receiver sets then they usually do. Spelling more playing time for Mitchell.

The Browns receiving core is young but they are very talented. Missing Joshua Cribbs has given other receivers a chance to shine, and they have.

Greg Little contributed with three receptions for 79 yards.

The Browns defense continued to take the ball away from opposing teams. They intercepted Matt Moore three times, including twice in the second half.

Running back Peyton Hillis had another 100+ yard rushing game but still remains quiet. He hasn't scored a touchdown yet, but he's been able to give opposing defenses fits on the ground.

With a 2-1 record, the Browns are feeling good about themselves. They just need to keep executing.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I wish we had a few of these going because they can be fun to follow.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks