Decastro vs Floyd who do you pick?

thedude33

Liked Posts:
:rolling:

because he "bobbled" an underthrown ball that he ended up catching for a TD that should have been a pick.

WHUT?1

Because he bobbles passes, doesn't have top speed, has durability issues to go with his character issus, and overall doesn't look like a game changer at the NFL level.

Last edited:

thedude33

Liked Posts:
They really need their first pick to be a game changer. Maybe they need to trade up.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
How about this guy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qTJkl-4s2k]Rueben Randle Highlights 2011 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he bobbles passes,
You're a fucking idiot.

Seriously. One highlight of Floyd makign a circus catch on a shitty throw by Rees means he has a habit of "bobbling" passes?

Are you high?

doesn't have top speed
He'll run in the 4.4's
has durability issues

Hasn't missed a game in two seasons.

to go with his character issus
Oh noes! A DUI!

It's arguable if Lance Briggs/Urlacher don't have bigger character issues.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Don't agree = fucking idiot

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd "bobbling passes" as an issue based on one highlight=fucking idiot.

Chi66

Liked Posts:

Eh heard some blah things about him like ability to take hits on the next level. I think "soft" was the word to describe him. I like Mohamed Sanu.. but Floyd is my top pick for 19. Then Jeffery, then Wright/Sanu (depending if we get a FA WR and who it is). If they're all gone then DeCastro or Mike Adams if they're there. If not then top DE/LB/S prospect around who isn't a reach.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Right, hey if they draft Floyd and he turns out to be great, I'll be very happy, believe me. I have nothing against Floyd, I just think he isn't a top 20 pick. We'll find out his 40 time at the combine but he doesn't look that fast. I saw he's projected to run in the high 4.5s to even a 4.6. And I saw him with some drops in other videos. He might not have missed a game but that doesn't mean he doesn't have lingering problems with the shoulder. I'm not a doctor but I hear shoulder issues can be prohibitive to playing football.

As for me being a fucking idiot, well if I'm a fucking idiot don't you think you're just a little overzealous when it comes to Floyd? Some people here, including you, think he is the clear cut pick. I disagree.

Last edited:

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Watching Floyd's 2010 highlights. I'm reminded how fucking horrible that QB is.

Ill pass on Jeffery, even he makes Earl Bennett look like a speedster

speed isnt near the most important thing in a WR. I would take a guy who can catch but is slow like Jerry Rice over a freak athlete like Darius Heyward Bey any day. Speed is really not very important a lot of the greats weren't very fast but they had great hands and ran great routes.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Eh heard some blah things about him like ability to take hits on the next level. I think "soft" was the word to describe him. I like Mohamed Sanu.. but Floyd is my top pick for 19. Then Jeffery, then Wright/Sanu (depending if we get a FA WR and who it is). If they're all gone then DeCastro or Mike Adams if they're there. If not then top DE/LB/S prospect around who isn't a reach.

Soft is not the word we want to hear.

The draft does depend on FA, for sure.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, hey if they draft Floyd and he turns out to be great, I'll be very happy, believe me. I have nothing against Floyd, I just think he isn't a top 20 pick. We'll find out his 40 time at the combine but he doesn't look that fast. I saw he's projected to run in the high 4.5s to even a 4.6.
Where?

Qualify that.

And I saw him with some drops in other videos.
ZOMG. You mean a WR drops passes?

Wow.

Tell ya what I promise you Blackmon, Jeffery, Sanu, EVERYONE has drops on their NFL film. I never said Floyd never dropped a pass. You're the one making idiotic claims over him "bobbling" balls a lot based on a circus catch against FSU on a shitty throw.

Awesome.
He might not have missed a game but that doesn't mean he doesn't have lingering problems with the shoulder.
Ummm, well he doesn't. It hasn't been an issue since 2009. 3 year old injury FTW!

I'm an ND fan/ I follow the team. The shoulder isn't an issue. You apparently search youtube and read 2 1/2 year old injury reports.

Awesome.

As for me being a fucking idiot, well if I'm a fucking idiot don't you think you're just a little overzealous when it comes to Floyd?
No.

Because I don't make broad conclusions off Floyd having questionable hands because Tommy Rees underthrew him by 10 yards. There are valid critiques of Floyd to be made but questioning his hands and saying he has "bobbling" problems because of a play against FSU that frankly was a great play by him....laughable..and yes..fucking idiotic.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
You're a ND fan. There's no arguing with ND fans. So I'm just going to end this discussion, which isn't much of a discussion. If they pick Floyd, I hope he works out. I would have no problem with that. Good luck to the Fighting Irish.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
speed isnt near the most important thing in a WR. I would take a guy who can catch but is slow like Jerry Rice over a freak athlete like Darius Heyward Bey any day. Speed is really not very important a lot of the greats weren't very fast but they had great hands and ran great routes.

by not having speed. I mean a player thinking he is faster than he is. There's a difference trying to flat outrun someone faster than you and get tackled at the 10. Its another thing to stiff arm the defender and take it in for a td.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, hey if they draft Floyd and he turns out to be great, I'll be very happy, believe me. I have nothing against Floyd, I just think he isn't a top 20 pick. We'll find out his 40 time at the combine but he doesn't look that fast. I saw he's projected to run in the high 4.5s to even a 4.6. .

Floyd's 4.42 says to STFU.

:smug:

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Kendall Wright is slow. I didn't say Floyd would run a 4.6. I didn't say he'd run a 4.05, either.