Decastro vs Floyd who do you pick?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is absolutely not an elite WR prospect.

Blackmon, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz were elite WR prospects and Floyd is ranked in the 15-25 range in this draft.

Really good prospect, but not elite as a prospect.

This is idiotic. Blackmon is actually falling on some draft boards per a story that broke a few days ago. People are questioning whether he is elite. At this point it's possible that Floyd passes him. Putting Blackmon in the same catagory as Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald is idiotic. It shows you have no freaking clue about this draft. Floyd is a great borderline elite prospect. Labeling him as merely "solid" when he's maybe5-6 slots behind Decastro on most boards is fucking stupid.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is idiotic. Blackmon is actually falling on some draft boards per a story that broke a few days ago. People are questioning whether he is elite. At this point it's possible that Floyd passes him. Putting Blackmon in the same catagory as Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald is idiotic. It shows you have no freaking clue about this draft. Floyd is a great borderline elite prospect. Labeling him as merely "solid" when he's maybe5-6 slots behind Decastro on most boards is fucking stupid.

You sure do like to call people idiots on this board so perhaps we should work on communication skills.

Floyd is being mocked in most cases anywhere from 15-25 and is NOT close to Blackmon in most people's rankings.

The reason that DeCastro is only a couple spots higher than Floyd is because he plays OG, which does not have the natural value of a WR.

Floyd vs Blackmon

ESPN: Blackmon [8], Floyd [18]

NFL Draft Countdown: Blackmon [6], Floyd [22]

Walterfootball: Blackmon [4], Floyd [17]

Gil Brandt: Blackmon [3], Floyd [13]

On most sites and experts lists Floyd is not even considered the #2 WR in this draft many have Kendall Wright or Alshon Jeffery, or both ahead of Floyd.

Floyd is a solid WR prospect but what about him makes him elite?

-Break Away Speed [NO]

-Off the Charts Production [NO]

-Clean Injury History [NO]

-Clean Off the Field [NO]

I like Floyd as a prospect and I would be happy picking him at 19, but all MAN LOVE aside he is not an Elite prospect and we should not pass on a guy that many are calling the best OG prospect since Hutchinson to pick him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our biggest needs to be addressed in the first two rounds (to me, wide receiver and cornerback). With having two picks so close in the third round, it'd definitely be more appropriate to make riskier picks then, although with our team having so many needs, it wouldn't make sense to do something crazy if you're able to fill a need. Personally, I'd rather see us add value in the third round (it might be a great time to add depth on the offensive and defensive lines).

When you talk about need in the first 2 rounds that is when your team starts to suck.

In the first 2 rounds you draft BPA and in this case it is DeCastro.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd is being mocked in most cases anywhere from 15-25 and is NOT close to Blackmon in most people's rankings.
:obama:

I just told you Blackmon is falling down some draft boards.
Try and keep up.

On top of this putting him in the same convo as those other WR's you mentioned is brain dead.

The reason that DeCastro is only a couple spots higher than Floyd is because he plays OG, which does not have the natural value of a WR.
No shit!

So an "elite" OG prospect doesn't mean as much as a very good WR prospect.

That's kind of the point.

ESPN: Blackmon [8], Floyd [18]
ZOMG! 10 WHOLE SLOTS!?!?!?

WOW! What a gap?!!@!@!

NFL Draft Countdown: Blackmon [6], Floyd [22]

Walterfootball: Blackmon [4], Floyd [17]

Gil Brandt: Blackmon [3], Floyd [13]
The largest gap here is 16 fucking players. No other WR's in a draft that is heavy on defense, especially at the second level(s).

You're talking about a differential of about 3% when dealing with a draft of nearly 300 guys.

That's not a huge gap. ESPN's big board has Blackmon graded out as a 95. Floyd is a 92. That's not any gap of real meaning. Decastro grades out as a 93.
Nice try making it seem as it is though.

You're a joke.

-Break Away Speed [NO]
He'll run close to Blackmon in the 40. Floyd slimmed down.
They will both be mid to high 4.4's

-Off the Charts Production [NO]
He's the leading WR in Notre Dame history and the last two seasons was catching passes from Tommy Rees. He rewrote the history book all the while missing major chunks of two seasons as a freshman and sophomore.

To discount Floyd's "production" is hilariously bad.
-Clean Injury History [NO]
He's been fine the last two seasons.
Yawn.

-Clean Off the Field [NO]
Oh noes! A DUI!

I like Floyd as a prospect and I would be happy picking him at 19, but all MAN LOVE aside he is not an Elite prospect and we should not pass on a guy that many are calling the best OG prospect since Hutchinson to pick him.

That's hilariously bad. LOL at you referring to Floyd as merely a "solid" prospect.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I just told you Blackmon is falling down some draft boards.
Try and keep up.

On top of this putting him in the same convo as those other WR's you mentioned is brain dead.

No shit!

So an "elite" OG prospect doesn't mean as much as a very good WR prospect.

That's kind of the point.

ZOMG! 10 WHOLE SLOTS!?!?!?

WOW! What a gap?!!@!@!

The largest gap here is 16 fucking players. No other WR's in a draft that is heavy on defense, especially at the second level(s).

You're talking about a differential of about 3% when dealing with a draft of nearly 300 guys.

That's not a huge gap. ESPN's big board has Blackmon graded out as a 95. Floyd is a 92. That's not any gap of real meaning. Decastro grades out as a 93.
Nice try making it seem as it is though.

You're a joke.

He'll run close to Blackmon in the 40. Floyd slimmed down.
They will both be mid to high 4.4's

He's the leading WR in Notre Dame history and the last two seasons was catching passes from Tommy Rees. He rewrote the history book all the while missing major chunks of two seasons as a freshman and sophomore.

To discount Floyd's "production" is hilariously bad.

He's been fine the last two seasons.
Yawn.

Oh noes! A DUI!

That's hilariously bad. LOL at you referring to Floyd as merely a "solid" prospect.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

10-16 spots in the first round is a huge difference and that fact that there are 300 prospects does not matter because we are talking about the difference between elite and solid not some 7th round scrub. And maybe you are right that Blackmon is not elite. That would mean that neither he, nor Floyd are elite.

Floyd

NFL Draft Countdown [3rd Ranked WR]
Walter Football [3rd ranked WR]
Gil Brandt [3rd ranked WR]

Elite prospects are not ranked behind other players at there position and I am still waiting for 1 person to say he is better than Blackmon. So if Blackmon is not elite and he is better than Floyd what does that say about Floyd.

We will see, but I am willing to bet that DeCastro goes to more Pro Bowls than Floyd and that Blackmon gets drafted at least 10 spots higher.

But it is good to see that your mood has improved having a conversation with you is like having a conversation with a 12 year old. So we will have to agree to disagree on Floyd.

And all of this aside you do know that it is possible to make an arguement without being a condesending ass, right? People can disagree without throwing personal attacks.

Because the truth is that you do not know more than any of us about this stuff, you act like it, but in the end we are all just making assumptions and guesses.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
10-16 spots in the first round is a huge difference
It's obviously not when you are talking about 3 points on a grading scale from 1-100.

Hell 16 slots may not be 16 true slots if some teams aren't looking for a WR.

You're not seeing the forest from the trees here..not that I'm surprised given this places propensity for idiocy when it comes to sports discussion.

elite and solid not some 7th round scrub.
Yeah Blackmon is so "elite" he grades out a full 3 points better than Floyd.

:rolling:

And maybe you are right that Blackmon is not elite

Gee, ya think?!

NFL Draft Countdown [3rd Ranked WR]
Walter Football [3rd ranked WR]
Gil Brandt [3rd ranked WR]
WHo are these people again?

LOL at using mock draft websites to prove anything.

You do realize Walter football is a joke right?

Elite prospects are not ranked behind other players at there position and I am still waiting for 1 person to say he is better than Blackmon.

The point isn't if he's betetr than Blackmon or not. The point is how close he is to Blackmon in scout grading..which he is pretty fucking close. On my actual grading scales Blackmon, Floyd, and Jefferies are all within a cunt hair of eachother. There's not a lot of seperation there.

So if Blackmon is not elite and he is better than Floyd what does that say about Floyd.
Do you have ANY clue what the term "relative" means?

We will see, but I am willing to bet that DeCastro goes to more Pro Bowls than Floyd and that Blackmon gets drafted at least 10 spots higher.
Ok?

Good for him.

But it is good to see that your mood has improved having a conversation with you is like having a conversation with a 12 year old.
LOL at this. Coming from someone who labeled a player who is 3 points off a grading scale from a supposed "elite" player in a draft as being merely solid.

You have the scouting eye of Helen Keller.

And all of this aside you do know that it is possible to make an arguement without being a condesending ass, right?
Tell you what.

You not be an idiot and make non-sensible points and I won't be an ass?

Deal?

Because the truth is that you do not know more than any of us about this stuff, .

Wrong.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's obviously not when you are talking about 3 points on a grading scale from 1-100.

Hell 16 slots may not be 16 true slots if some teams aren't looking for a WR.

You're not seeing the forest from the trees here..not that I'm surprised given this places propensity for idiocy when it comes to sports discussion.

Yeah Blackmon is so "elite" he grades out a full 3 points better than Floyd.

:rolling:

Gee, ya think?!

WHo are these people again?

LOL at using mock draft websites to prove anything.

You do realize Walter football is a joke right?

The point isn't if he's betetr than Blackmon or not. The point is how close he is to Blackmon in scout grading..which he is pretty fucking close. On my actual grading scales Blackmon, Floyd, and Jefferies are all within a cunt hair of eachother. There's not a lot of seperation there.

Do you have ANY clue what the term "relative" means?

Ok?

Good for him.

LOL at this. Coming from someone who labeled a player who is 3 points off a grading scale from a supposed "elite" player in a draft as being merely solid.

You have the scouting eye of Helen Keller.

Tell you what.

You not be an idiot and make non-sensible points and I won't be an ass?

Deal?

Wrong.

I am done with this arguement we will see how this all plays out.

And you are not the only person who can make personal attacks.

You are a grumpy old man and you should get back to the business of dying.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
How the hell did Randy Moss fall so far for being an "elite" WR prosepct?

I really don't consider Blackmon elite WR talent.

At this point (until the combine), it's like scouting UFA prospects in October

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackmon is gonna fall when he runs a slow 40 at the combine. That being said, I highly, highly doubt he falls out of the top 15.

As for DeCastro vs. Floyd, I'd take DeCastro. He's a very solid prospect who is a huge upgrade over Spencer at RG or Williams at LG. He's the Mike Iupati of this draft IMHO

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'll be looking for our Carl Nicks this draft

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be looking for our Carl Nicks this draft
If the Bears could sign him, I'd be ecstatic. But he's gonna want an enormous amount of money that he will get from someone.

Chi66

Liked Posts:
Two favorite guards in this first round that aren't DeCastro are Kevin Zeitler out of Wisconsin and Brandon Washington from Miami. Washington was a tackle in college and was projected as a guard on the next level, one of Pro Bowl caliber.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovtvGMnnAY&feature=related]Michael Floyd bobbles touchdown Champs Sports Bowl - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not crazy about Floyd. I doubt Blackmon will be there. Maybe Wright.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wCv5eY144s]WR Michael Floyd NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season - YouTube[/ame]

thedude33

Liked Posts:
If you want a big guy, how about Jeffery?

He played well against Alabama's corners.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bpHPzu_wEM]Alshon Jeffery vs. Alabama (2010) - YouTube[/ame]

thedude33

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ud5w_JnDWc&feature=related]WR Alshon Jeffery NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season - YouTube[/ame]

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Watching Floyd's 2010 highlights. I'm reminded how fucking horrible that QB is.

Ill pass on Jeffery, even he makes Earl Bennett look like a speedster

thedude33

Liked Posts:
YOu know what, I'm not sure about Jeffrey either. Just go with the damn BPA.