CCS Fantasy Baseball League

Draft or Auction?

• Total voters

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) I am in, unless it is for money (yes, I am a recovering gambler so even for little money I can't risk a relapse)
2) Yahoo and ESPN are both good
3) If it is an AL league (10 to 12) NL (12-14) Mixed (you can do up to 24 teams 6 in four divisions
4) Have the regular season end First week of September or so then playoffs
5) I like rosters of 2 C, 1 1b, 1 3b, 1 Corner man, 1 SS, 1 2b, 1 Middle Infielder, 4 OF, 1 Utility, 5 sp, 5 relievers, 2-4 IR spots

Whut?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

I've never actually played fantasy baseball, but if it's anything like fantasy football and you have to set a lineup before each day's games, you'd want a couple of catchers (they get the most days off so let's say you have Brian McCann and a Molina brother) and you'd want to make sure you don't get stuck with a shitty backup or something.

I do feel like having that many relievers is a bit much though. Do fantasy baseball leagues count "holds" or something? :lol:

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
C'mon! Tryin to steal my thunder? I posted info about a fantasy baseball league months ago. :) It's a live draft though, so you'd have to be in Chicago or be able to get to Chicago.

If anyone wants to do a 2nd league here are the deets:

$110.00
Snake Draft
Keeper League - This is a new league, so won't apply for 2012.
Roto 4x4: OBP, HR, SB, R+RBI-HR; ERA, K, SV, QS
39 Man-Roster: 22 LU, 17 Taxi
Salary Cap on LU
Budget for whole season (incl $ you spend at draft)
Must draft LU at draft, drafting Taxi optional (depends on your budgeting strategies)
There are a lot of unique rules, so we're using onroto.com (which has come highly recommened by others).

If you're interested, please respond to this thread or DM me.

Last edited:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
C'mon! Tryin to steal my thunder? I posted info about a fantasy baseball league months ago. :) It's a live draft though, so you'd have to be in Chicago or be able to get to Chicago.

If anyone wants to do a 2nd league here are the deets:

$110.00
Snake Draft
Keeper League - This is a new league, so won't apply for 2012.
Roto 4x4: OBP, HR, SB, R+RBI-HR; ERA, K, SV, QS
39 Man-Roster: 22 LU, 17 Taxi
Salary Cap on LU
Budget for whole season (incl $ you spend at draft)
Must draft LU at draft, drafting Taxi optional (depends on your budgeting strategies)
There are a lot of unique rules, so we're using onroto.com (which has come highly recommened by others).

If you're interested, please respond to this thread or DM me.

Too...many...acronyms.......

:cubstroll: :beer:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never actually played fantasy baseball, but if it's anything like fantasy football and you have to set a lineup before each day's games, you'd want a couple of catchers (they get the most days off so let's say you have Brian McCann and a Molina brother) and you'd want to make sure you don't get stuck with a shitty backup or something.

I do feel like having that many relievers is a bit much though. Do fantasy baseball leagues count "holds" or something? :lol:

Daily h2h cat leagues are the lame.

Streaming pitchers FTL.

Head to head weekly points league FTW.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daily h2h cat leagues are the lame.

Streaming pitchers FTL.

Head to head weekly points league FTW.

I unfortunately don't know what that means as I've never actually played in any fantasy leagues :(

Liked Posts:
I'd like to get in.

Doesn't really matter the set-up.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
If its free I'm in, whatever setup you guys want is fine by me as long as its free

Liked Posts:
Right now, I've got it set up as a roster size of 25. You start 13 batters and 7 pitchers. You're allowed 5 guys on your bench and 2 IR slots.

Scoring is H2H in 6 batting and 6 pitching categories.

Batting: BA, R, SB, HR, RBI, H
Pitching: ERA, WHIP, SV, K, W, IP

I'd like to get at least 12 teams. What do you guys think? Anything I should add or subtract? Any feedback from guys who've played before is welcomed and appreciated.

12 teams is good.

For categories: 5*5 is standard (BA, HR, SB, R, RBI and W, ERA, WHIP, K, Saves) For your stats I would take out IP and H. Most leagues have an IP limit and hits are reflected in BA.

If you wanted to make the league a little more trendy you could replace BA with OBP and wins with quality starts. OPS is a good category and if you really wanted to change things up, add Holds as a category.

But if this is a lot of guys first league, a standard 5*5 is a good choice.

25 players w/ 2 bench spots is good. It's a deep bench but that's good too. For positional players, the 8 starters plus a utility is pretty standard. For pitchers you can break it down to starters or relievers or just have a set number of pitchers (7 is a good number) for each day and let guys decide on how they want their pitchers.

A big question is draft or auction. Auctions are awesome and the best way to draft your players but they take the most time and research. Once again, if this is a lot of guys first league, then a snake draft would probably be best.

ESPN or Yahoo- both are good sites. I prefer Yahoo but I'm in leagues on both sites and they are mostly equal.

Lastly, this must be a daily league where you can adjust your lineups everyday. A very small number of people prefer a league where you set the lineup once for the week. That's awful and it takes away from the greatness of fantasy baseball. FB is a everyday game.

Hope I didn't ramble too long.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
12 teams is good.

For categories: 5*5 is standard (BA, HR, SB, R, RBI and W, ERA, WHIP, K, Saves) For your stats I would take out IP and H. Most leagues have an IP limit and hits are reflected in BA.

If you wanted to make the league a little more trendy you could replace BA with OBP and wins with quality starts. OPS is a good category and if you really wanted to change things up, add Holds as a category.

But if this is a lot of guys first league, a standard 5*5 is a good choice.

25 players w/ 2 bench spots is good. It's a deep bench but that's good too. For positional players, the 8 starters plus a utility is pretty standard. For pitchers you can break it down to starters or relievers or just have a set number of pitchers (7 is a good number) for each day and let guys decide on how they want their pitchers.

A big question is draft or auction. Auctions are awesome and the best way to draft your players but they take the most time and research. Once again, if this is a lot of guys first league, then a snake draft would probably be best.

ESPN or Yahoo- both are good sites. I prefer Yahoo but I'm in leagues on both sites and they are mostly equal.

Lastly, this must be a daily league where you can adjust your lineups everyday. A very small number of people prefer a league where you set the lineup once for the week. That's awful and it takes away from the greatness of fantasy baseball. FB is a everyday game.

Hope I didn't ramble too long.

Not rambling at all. I appreciate the advice. Thanks!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Fantasy baseball tries to have the same rosters as the real ones which is why the breakdown. Relief pitchers help whip and era a lot which is nice.

Northside_slugger

Liked Posts:
Defending champion is interested if theres still room.

I also prefer yahoo, like last year.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got 13 guys. Room for 1 more to make it an even 14.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are set at 12! If you guys could PM me your e-mail addresses, we'll be good to go. Thanks!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish