1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Per 670 the score,

Cubs are closing in on him.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah ... they may be and I expect them to sign him, but he has to hurry up and gain residency in the DR.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This feels vaguely familar...

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many times do I have to remind you D3A that Ricketts has given Theo control of the budget. Or do you just not believe that?

The owner is telling Theo how much he has per year. We have NO IDEA what Ricketts is telling Theo on how money he has. Cubs payroll is the lowest it has been in 7 years. It has gone down every year since Ricketts bought the team. Until he shows that he putting money into the MLB team il think #rickettscheap. You dont have to agree with me but dont see me bashing you cause you have opinion.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Some people are just never satisfied even when we have a great owner. :smh:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peter Gammons ‏ @pgammo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
one international scouting director sees Cuban power bat Jorge Soler getting $27M from the Cubs.

That's the only one saying anything so far, right? It's not even on MLBTR. If it's just based off some guy's conjecture, this rumor still has no legs.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda. A few people said Soler will get 27 million from the Cubs. But, who knows, maybe Gammons is restating what we found out a month ago.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people are just never satisfied even when we have a great owner. :smh:

im going to :pray: for you. Since owner has taken over payroll has been cut every year. The team has gotten worse every year since he been owner. He signs a President and now is god? Guess what Theo CANT play 25 positions. If it was so easy to rebuild guess what ALL BAD TEAMS would do it. 60% of rebuilding teams have to rebuild on top of a rebuild. That was before all these draft and IFA rules came into place. So now that number will go up. Until Cubs starting winning you cant say he a great owner. He has done 1 thing to help the Cubs in 3 years. He signed a president of baseball operations. He spent more on McDonalds this offseason the the Cubs. <----------- So thats what all great owners do?

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I wouldn't call Ricketts a great owner at this point. :shifty:

I sure would.

1. Brought in a new front office and new mentality to the North Side.
2. Number 1 will result in sustained success relatively soon.
3. Building new Spring Training Stadium.
4. Building new Dominican Academy.
5. Talks to the fans in the stands, which gives a personal feel and hints at a desire to satisfy fans (hope he doesn't see d3a anytime soon).
6. Generates more revenue for the Cubs, even if it was a freaking noodle.
7. Making additions to Right Field.
8. Planning to remodel Wrigley and add triangle building and a parking garage.

All that in a couple years? That's pretty damn good.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
im going to :pray: for you. Since owner has taken over payroll has been cut every year. The team has gotten worse every year since he been owner. He signs a President and now is god? Guess what Theo CANT play 25 positions. If it was so easy to rebuild guess what ALL BAD TEAMS would do it. 60% of rebuilding teams have to rebuild on top of a rebuild. That was before all these draft and IFA rules came into place. So now that number will go up. Until Cubs starting winning you cant say he a great owner. He has done 1 thing to help the Cubs in 3 years. He signed a president of baseball operations. He spent more on McDonalds this offseason the the Cubs. <----------- So thats what all great owners do?

See my posts two after yours so I can :pray: for you.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people don't understand how to run a successful business.. Especially when your business runs the neighborhood.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts had a lot of work going in ... the Chicago Tribune did shit. When the Tribune was in control, everything was outdue.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sure would.

1. Brought in a new front office and new mentality to the North Side.
2. Number 1 will result in sustained success relatively soon.
3. Building new Spring Training Stadium.
4. Building new Dominican Academy.
5. Talks to the fans in the stands, which gives a personal feel and hints at a desire to satisfy fans (hope he doesn't see d3a anytime soon).
6. Generates more revenue for the Cubs, even if it was a freaking noodle.
7. Making additions to Right Field.
8. Planning to remodel Wrigley and add triangle building and a parking garage.

All that in a couple years? That's pretty damn good.

1: Best thing he has done
2: You just guessing. There is no prove to that. Again rebuilding teams have to rebuild over and over again
3: New Spring Training stadium going to get them closer to WS? Stadium cant play everday like a MLB player
4: Same as number 3
5: I dont give a fuck if he talks to me during game. I dont pay the 2nd highest ticket prices to talk to owner. I pay to see a winning team on the field
6: Revenue not going into making MLB team better
7: Changing RF dont help MLB team win
8: Again what does triangle building do to help win?

So 4 of your things is about him buidling things around Wrigley. Why is he doing this? So HE can make money!!! Nothing to do with making the team better now or long run. 1 thing he has done in 3 yrs is higher a baseball operations which cost him what 20 mil? So he spent the same amount of money on McDonalds as he did Theo for 5 years. He can build all this shit he wants but none of that gets Cubs and the MLB team closer to winning the world series. Again i pray that going young works. I do have trust in Theo and his brass but dont tell me Ricketts is a great owner. He has done 1 thing since he been owner to help Cubs. Rest is to make him money

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts had a lot of work going in ... the Chicago Tribune did shit. When the Tribune was in control, everything was outdue.

Tribune put there money into the MLB roster to try and win the World Series. They didnt care about other things but winning world series. Do i think it was the smartest way NO. But it seems Tribune cared about winning while Ricketts care more about buying property to make more money. Ricketts is a business man. His goal is 1 thing. TO MAKE MONEY!!! Winning World Series is 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.