Official Jorge Soler Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Tribune put there money into the MLB roster to try and win the World Series. They didnt care about other things but winning world series. Do i think it was the smartest way NO. But it seems Tribune cared about winning while Ricketts care more about buying property to make more money. Ricketts is a business man. His goal is 1 thing. TO MAKE MONEY!!! Winning World Series is 2nd

you cant win my just overpaying Free agents it doesnt work that way

neglecting the farm system cant happen if you want to win

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
For whoever is saying Ricketts isnt a good owner(daddiesangels and fisch). All i have to say is you.are.stupid.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
For whoever is saying Ricketts isnt a good owner(daddiesangels and fisch). All i have to say is you.are.stupid.

That's unfair. You know from the past year that Ricketts is doing what he can to shape the future of the franchise, but he's only been the owner for two years. Signs are positive, but both sides (love or hate Ricketts) should wait and see instead of being so knee jerk all the time.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
im defending ricketts, these idiots are bashing him. hes been here for like three years and took over a bad team. What do you want to do? raise the payroll by 20 million? Like come on. He just went out and got two of the smartest minds in baseball and has improved international scouting. just because he isnt spending $250 million on pujols and fielder doesnt make him a bad owner.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
im defending ricketts, these idiots are bashing him. hes been here for like three years and took over a bad team. What do you want to do? raise the payroll by 20 million? Like come on. He just went out and got two of the smartest minds in baseball and has improved international scouting. just because he isnt spending $250 million on pujols and fielder doesnt make him a bad owner.

I agree with you. I just don't think you can automatically dismiss the contrasting view as stupid at this time.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
im going to :pray: for you. Since owner has taken over payroll has been cut every year. The team has gotten worse every year since he been owner. He signs a President and now is god? Guess what Theo CANT play 25 positions. If it was so easy to rebuild guess what ALL BAD TEAMS would do it. 60% of rebuilding teams have to rebuild on top of a rebuild. That was before all these draft and IFA rules came into place. So now that number will go up. Until Cubs starting winning you cant say he a great owner. He has done 1 thing to help the Cubs in 3 years. He signed a president of baseball operations. He spent more on McDonalds this offseason the the Cubs. <----------- So thats what all great owners do?
60% huh? Where did that stat come from? only 9 positions in baseball to, 25 guys on a roster. Your arguments are so beat at this point.
Tribune put there money into the MLB roster to try and win the World Series. They didnt care about other things but winning world series. Do i think it was the smartest way NO. But it seems Tribune cared about winning while Ricketts care more about buying property to make more money. Ricketts is a business man. His goal is 1 thing. TO MAKE MONEY!!! Winning World Series is 2nd

You do know the Tribune spent money on the roster to try to get as much money as possible for the team right? They didn't care if the team won, they cared what the value of the team was when they sold their stock.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do know the Tribune spent money on the roster to try to get as much money as possible for the team right? They didn't care if the team won, they cared what the value of the team was when they sold their stock.

This was fairly obvious to everyone but d3a :lol:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was fairly obvious to everyone but d3a :lol:
Considering they neglected everything but the major league roster... yeah would seem kind of obvious all they cared aboutwas bumping up the face value and hiding all the hidden fees that would come with the team... Oh D3A :smug2:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering they neglected everything but the major league roster... yeah would seem kind of obvious all they cared aboutwas bumping up the face value and hiding all the hidden fees that would come with the team... Oh D3A :smug2:

When you look back at it, that is definitely true as the payroll went way up, but was massively backloaded to fuck over the new owner (whoever that was, turned out to be Ricketts). If you look at draft and amateur scouting expenditures, it was pretty bad. That's why they kept drafting losers in the first round after getting guys like Prior and Patterson (yeah yeah, but he was well rated) because they didn't want to pay way over slot. I'm too lazy to look shit up right now, but feel free to prove me wrong.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts saw what the Tribune did and is not making that mistake. He's doing the complete opposite and it will pan out. He's doing all right.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe the plan right now is to establish consistency across the organization, to build a solid foundation and invest in said foundation first, and then throw tons of money at the MLB roster as well. Doing one without doing the other is a recipe for not-so-goodness.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
vick pointed out what I was going to already. It is blatantly obvious, d3a.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
So ya... about Soler...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
you cant win my just overpaying Free agents it doesnt work that way

neglecting the farm system cant happen if you want to win

i agree you have to build farm. I never said not to. im saying while building farm under new rules of draft and IFA they should have thrown some money into the MLB club.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:

I never said he was bad owner. I said he wasnt great owner like other guys do. Till Cubs start acting like Big Market and not PIT, KCR, BAL types of market then i think he just being an avg owner. Caring more about money over MLB club doesnt bode well for Cub fans. Yes they want to build up farm cause its cheaper to run a MLB team using prospects or younger players then spendig it on verteran talent. Again i understand what they doing. I just think there doing it wrong. I agree 100% they need to build farm up!! BUT thats going to take 3-5 years with draft rules and IFA rules. Cubs are big market so why not spend 150 mil range during that 3-5 years while building farm up. Cubs dont have one guy on the books for 2015 season. Only 9 teams have that and they are all bad teams BUT SFG

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts saw what the Tribune did and is not making that mistake. He's doing the complete opposite and it will pan out. He's doing all right.

:obama:

Nobody can say it will work. You can have HOPE that it works but rebuilding 60% of the time FAILS!!! That is when teams could overpay for AM draft and pay out the ass for IFA. Now they cant. That number will only go up

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe the plan right now is to establish consistency across the organization, to build a solid foundation and invest in said foundation first, and then throw tons of money at the MLB roster as well. Doing one without doing the other is a recipe for not-so-goodness.

I agree you cant just do 1. Cubs should be able to throw money at both espicially now that draft is capped and IFA capped.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you consider the state of the farm and the dysfunction within the organization (that was an oxymoron), there was nothing to rebuild. Right now the Cubs are in a build phase. Maybe later on they'll spend out the nose, but all signs point to this not being the right time to splurge.

All things being equal, if I were objective, I put some trust in the guys with multiple World Series rings and the owner whose family got rich by spending and investing money the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.