Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This was unexpected. Didn't think the A's were in the running at all.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
This was unexpected. Didn't think the A's were in the running at all.

Hoyer wasn't lying when he said the media was lying and there was still 15 teams interested and saying that the media was coving it wrong saying it was just the Marlins and the Cubs.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
daddies3angels, shut the fuck up. You bitch every time we don't sign a free agent. H's not cheap just because he decided to focus on Soler instead and is willing to pay 27.5 Million on him per MLBTR.

Guess we should have signed Fielder, Pujols, Pena, and Ramirez, amiright?

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Yoenis Cespedes is the highest played player in OAK by 3m per year LOL

4yrs 36m
6m 36m by Miami

He was smart take that money and run!! I am gonna start lifting tomorrow and once I can squat 1000 and get a good video editor and I am gonna declare for free agency :smug2:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
There ya go ... you found it. Was it that hard? I'll keep doing what I do. I don't know where I find it and too lazy to look it up. I see it on my phone and when i go to my computer and it's not posted, I'll mention it. If you don't believe me, oh well then.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yoenis Cespedes is the highest played player in OAK by 3m per year LOL

4yrs 36m
6m 36m by Miami

He was smart take that money and run!! I am gonna start lifting tomorrow and once I can squat 1000 and get a good video editor and I am gonna declare for free agency :smug2:

For the 1st year, it's only 500K.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol@cespedes being the highest paid player

that should tell you all you need to know about oakland

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
you always bring the sox into it...hmmm...who has a complex?

Let me guess... brett a.k.a. Mr. The-Cubs-Are-Worse-Than-The-1890-Pirates-and-62-Mets-and-should-fold?

There ya go ... you found it. Was it that hard? I'll keep doing what I do. I don't know where I find it and too lazy to look it up. I see it on my phone and when i go to my computer and it's not posted, I'll mention it. If you don't believe me, oh well then.

There is a certain thing called plagiarism when you quote or paraphrase something from another source and don't make the source known.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but it's kinda differemt. There are so many different reports and I'm not taking it as my own. I usually sum it all together in one paragraph. If I can find the report, I'll cite it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but it's kinda differemt. There are so many different reports and I'm not taking it as my own. I usually sum it all together in one paragraph. If I can find the report, I'll cite it.

I think you kind of have to do that as a common courtesy anyway, Waldo. You can report it and take the three seconds to "Ctrl-C Ctrl-V" into your post. As a writer you should also include sources in your articles as well. That way people know where you got your info from and you don't have to defend your credibility. Otherwise, if you just report something without a source, people will just think you're full of shit and will be justified in thinking so.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
lol@cespedes being the highest paid player

that should tell you all you need to know about oakland

LOL ya but I kind of feel bad for the As it seems like every year they try to bring in a free agent like Beltre last year but they dont want to play in that shit hole of a stadium. Rumor was Beltre was offered more $$ by Oakland than Texas. Cespedes just wants money he doesnt care where he plays.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you kind of have to do that as a common courtesy anyway, Waldo. You can report it and take the three seconds to "Ctrl-C Ctrl-V" into your post. As a writer you should also include sources in your articles as well. That way people know where you got your info from and you don't have to defend your credibility. Otherwise, if you just report something without a source, people will just think you're full of shit and will be justified in thinking so.

Lately I do ... if the post is about topic. But if I just add a little note or something, I probably wont. But you never know and I don't even know lol.

Like my last post ... there was really nothing to cite.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL ya but I kind of feel bad for the As it seems like every year they try to bring in a free agent like Beltre last year but they dont want to play in that shit hole of a stadium. Rumor was Beltre was offered more $$ by Oakland than Texas. Cespedes just wants money he doesnt care where he plays.

Also, the fact he was told he won't play in the minors and be in the majors from the beginning. Other teams told him he would have to start in the minors.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also, the fact he was told he won't play in the minors and be in the majors from the beginning. Other teams told him he would have to start in the minors.

more of a risk there though(why other teams want him to start in the minors)..but i see why they offered that

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it is, but I think, what does Oakland have to lose? They will be a 3rd or 4th team place and could take the chance.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:

BS imo if the Cubs offered 4yrs 46m he would of played in the minors it was all about the $$

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Yeah it is, but I think, what does Oakland have to lose? They will be a 3rd or 4th team place and could take the chance.

Him becoming a good player. He needs the minors this would be like me jumping from D3 basketball than transferring to Depaul and playing in the big east big difference in competition.

He needs to play some AAA or AA before jumping into the bigs IMO.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Him becoming a good player. He needs the minors this would be like me jumping from D3 basketball than transferring to Depaul and playing in the big east big difference in competition.

He needs to play some AAA or AA before jumping into the bigs IMO.

ya...oakland promising to put cespedes right in the majors is risky(for one thing, it may stunt his development)

but it also gives them leverage since no other team will realistically offer him that