Spring Training 2012 IGT And Random Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters?? He isnt gonna be ready this year is he??

He played well at AA last year. I could see him getting call up later in the year. He has been in minors for 5 years now. If Stewart struggles like everyone expects him to then i can see him called up in July or later

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
He played well at AA last year. I could see him getting call up later in the year. He has been in minors for 5 years now. If Stewart struggles like everyone expects him to then i can see him called up in July or later

Like everyone expects?? I dont expect him too he proablly wont hit for a high average but 25 bombs is possible if he is healthy. His issue is staying healthy. I dont think Hoyer trades for him if they dont expect him to produce even though they basically gave up nothing IMO Colvin was beyond awful but so was Stewart vaule coming off a injury plagued season.

Vitters is gonna have to prove he can defend his spot I dont see him sticking at 3rd his defense is beyond awful and that is what we are trying to get away from.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going out on a limb and gunna say Stewart will surprise us.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Stewart Career Batting Splits - Baseball-Reference.com

LMAO!!!! guy with career .229/.309/.427 slash line away from Coors.. He cant hit!!!! His numbers were over rated in minors cause he played 81 games in COL where ball flies out worse then actually Coors

The guy hit .248/.322/.480 away from Coors as recently as two years ago. The guy sucked last year at the plate. There is no denying that, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest he is capable of more.

I also was unaware that Tulsa, Modesto, Asheville were all in Colorado where he put up similar numbers at a young age in each league as he did in Colorado Springs (where the ball does fly out more than in post-humidor Coors, but that applies pretty much to whole damn league).

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy hit .248/.322/.480 away from Coors as recently as two years ago. The guy sucked last year at the plate. There is no denying that, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest he is capable of more.

I also was unaware that Tulsa, Modesto, Asheville were all in Colorado where he put up similar numbers at a young age in each league as he did in Colorado Springs (where the ball does fly out more than in post-humidor Coors, but that applies pretty much to whole damn league).

Thats what i want from my starting 3B :turrible:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are about 20 teams in mlb right now that would take that as their starting 3B...

Did we mention that Ichiro is being dropped from the leadoff spot...

...in favor of Chone Figgins?

:obama:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did we mention that Ichiro is being dropped from the leadoff spot...

...in favor of Chone Figgins?

:obama:

The funny thing is that, depending on who is hitting second behind Figgins, if Ichiro is batting third, he's basically going to be leading off anyway :lol:

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Is anyone going out to ST this year? I'll be out in Phoenix March 14-16 & probably at the game on the 15th.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going ST NEXT year for 1 week. Be my first time. So excited

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters.jpg

Vitters looks tiny.

Cloud 9

O.G.
Liked Posts:
I'm genuinely excited about Brett Jackson and Rizzo. It's been awhile since we've had young guys to look forward too. I would hope our season goes better than seeing them in May :lol: But if that's how it shakes down I'll definitely still be watching, we potentially have a very nice young core coming together.

Cloud 9

O.G.
Liked Posts:
Though I might be alone on this, I actually like the Cubs pitching this year (on paper anyways). We definitely have quantity, but quality remains to be seen. I feel like Wood's got nice upside to him, and guys like Volstad and Maholm have shown flashes of consistency in the past, so maybe they just needed a change of scenery. The offense is going to be rough though, I just can't find a spin to put on that lineup that makes me feel safe about it, but I guess we're not contenders anyways, so we'll just have to find our own ways to win.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao: Holy shit, he's scrappy 2nd baseman at best small. And to think, Vitters was the future at one point.

Why you cant trust prospects. Even guys like Rizzo, and Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.