Andruw Jones BDAY Winner!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So nice to see a player with the talent of Andruw Jones, comeback to life and attempt to rescue his career. I hope ozzie inserts him in the lineup everyday, no excuses!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I wouldn't mind seeing him get back into his old form either. After Atlanta, it was downhill from there.

Can't hurt to give him a shot.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If only he had played good in his contract year, 2007. Then his contract would be the worst deal ever

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this sets in stone the transition from "mixing up AB's between Kotsay and Jones" to "Jones gets AB's whenever and wherever possible". The guy has been on fire since the beginning of the season: leading the team in OBP, tied for the team lead in HR's (in significantly fewer PA's than the other leader), and is 9th in the AL in VORP, but that is only because he has received some 8% of the team's PA's, whereas the leaders in VORP have received 11-12%. Given the same amount of playing time, he'd be right at the top.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
:jonesy:

Edit: why the hell is the jonesy not a smiley.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully this sets in stone the transition from "mixing up AB's between Kotsay and Jones" to "Jones gets AB's whenever and wherever possible". The guy has been on fire since the beginning of the season: leading the team in OBP, tied for the team lead in HR's (in significantly fewer PA's than the other leader), and is 9th in the AL in VORP, but that is only because he has received some 8% of the team's PA's, whereas the leaders in VORP have received 11-12%. Given the same amount of playing time, he'd be right at the top.

the biggest problem i have is that kotsay finds himself in the lineup way too much.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
the biggest problem i have is that kotsay finds himself in the lineup way too much.

Well that's all on Ozzie. He fell in love with Kotsay from the start, and by all accounts he was determined to bring him north from ST and get him regular AB's no matter what. Just another reason to fire Ozzie.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This rotating DH is stupid. The Sox should have brought Thome or Dye back. IMO, the Twins signing Thome put them over the top

Lefty

Liked Posts:
This rotating DH is stupid. The Sox should have brought Thome or Dye back. IMO, the Twins signing Thome put them over the top

I don't think so, they were already heads and shoulders better offensively than everyone in the division, and their pitching, while not stellar, stacked up to be about average. Signing Thome was just extra icing on the cake.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think so, they were already heads and shoulders better offensively than everyone in the division, and their pitching, while not stellar, stacked up to be about average. Signing Thome was just extra icing on the cake.

Well we have seen 3 of the last 4 years the AL Central has been decided by 1 game, and the Twins have been involved all 3 years. On a contending team, like Minnesota, Thome can still be that final piece

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Well we have seen 3 of the last 4 years the AL Central has been decided by 1 game, and the Twins have been involved all 3 years. On a contending team, like Minnesota, Thome can still be that final piece

That's true....for the last 3 years in the division. I think a lot of people were overestimating how good this White Sox team would be. I mean sure, they have the potential to compete in the division, but with the way they constructed the team, if one cog in the machine isn't spinning optimally, they're going to be in trouble, both pitching-wise and offensively, and the Twins are going to be able to run away with the division with minimal fuss.