OT: Rondo Being "Aggressively Shopped" By Celtics

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta ask Shaq why the Celtics try to trade the "best PG in the NBA"!

:obama:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Celtics are a sinking ship. Time for them to unload before they hit bottom.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I hope the Pacers get in on this. We really need a pg with vision and what he brings to the game on defense. Our pg play is the main weakness Rondo would really improve our team.

But I doubt we have the pieces to make it work.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do they know something everyone else doesn't? I'm no Rondo fan but the guy is talented and the best player on his team. Wouldn't they want to add talent around him?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do they know something everyone else doesn't? I'm no Rondo fan but the guy is talented and the best player on his team. Wouldn't they want to add talent around him?

The article mentioned something about Rondo being too "high-maintenance" and his attitude clashing with Doc Rivers and their arguments being a distraction off the court for the team. He does seem like a prick.

bbaker

Liked Posts:

They said that they feel they can't build around Rondo. Most likely going to try to get a surplus of young talent for him (since he's more valuable than KG, Ray, Pierce) & go from there. Boston is doing the right thing.

Cloud 9

O.G.
Liked Posts:

Rondo's becoming an off-court distraction clashing with Doc Rivers. C's think he's too high maintenance.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
The article mentioned something about Rondo being too "high-maintenance" and his attitude clashing with Doc Rivers and their arguments being a distraction off the court for the team. He does seem like a prick.

They are trading him because he is the only valuable asset they have. Ainge is rebuilding trading Rondo for a haul of young cheap assets alnog with Allen and KG coming off the books this off season the team will be in great shape rebuilding wise.

Rondo's a winner he may clash with his teammates at times but so do most guys. Look at Shaq and Kobe. Rondo is no different than KG they both really want to win and wear their emotion on their sleeves I would have no issue with him. Most players want to win and that is where the bicking comes in.

They realize you aren't gonna win a title and probably not even make the playoffs with how old and bad Boston has played smart move by Ainge IMO.

Utah is a pg away from being a really great team. I expect them to try hard to get him they have the pieces as well.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ohhh I see. He does seem like a doucher.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Rondo is an asshole. The attitude thing about high-maintenance I can believe. At the same time though...don't be surprised if they don't get rid of him.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Celtics are trying to trade him while his stock is high. Not only is he a little girl and complains too damn much... I think the Celtics fear that once the big 3 is blown up after this season is over, Rondo might struggle next season and that will lower his stock. A lot of people believe, my self included, that Rondo plays better because of the system he's in and the players he has around him. Maybe the Celtics agree with that a little and want to trade him now. Well they've wanted to trade him for months now... but with the trade deadline nearing, I can see why they'd be pushing.

Plus.. let's look at this hypothetically. Rondo is 26 years old and believed to be a top 5 PG by many. Deron Williams is 27 and believed to be the 3rd best PG by many. RW is considered to be the 4th, maybe 5th by a lot of people. Do you think the Celtics would aggressively be trying to trade either of those 2 players because they don't want to build around them? Fuck no. So there's definitely something there with Rondo

but I'm gonna laugh if every deal gets rejected or falls through and the Celtics start saying "We love Rondo. We were just exploring our options and we really do want him back."

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
watson for rondo....he can come off the bench behind the point god rose

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Scalabrine for Rondo and first round picks.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For a guy who has zilch in terms of scoring ability, Rondo sure is high maintenance. I definitely think he's going to be moved. Even though it's seemed like Golden State has gotten a lot of chatter, I really only see him moving to a team that could use an upgrade at point guard.

What about this deal? Have Dallas include their first-rounder, I think it'd work for both sides. Boston gets some cap relief, a young prospect and a draft pick. Think of it as a way for them to remain competative this year, yet get a jump start on rebuilding. Dallas gets a point guard for their future in Rondo and another building block for a high priced player to come their way in the offseason.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
nah...dallas is about to land dwill and dwight

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
nah...dallas is about to land dwill and dwight

But if they can land Rondo, who costs about six and a half million per season less and still land Howard, who's on his preferred destination list, you have to think they'd at least persue it. Besides, Rondo's stock has never been higher, and if Boston is going to start losing their core players, you have to figure it's only going to drop when the talent around him does as well. Dealing him to a team willing to give up something substantial for him now and still remain competative would be in Boston's best interest.

Last edited:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Of course he is confident.Which team would trade for this douche-bag