Information and Highlights for CB Joshua Moore (5th Round Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TuG1TFMCyY[/ame]

Overview said:
Wearing jersey number 4 at KSU takes chutzpah, as Terence Newman was a star in that jersey during his career in Manhattan. But Moore's honorable-mention All-Big 12 play on the corner the past two years certainly showed he has pro potential.

Moore led the team in tackles as a sophomore with 76, and then finished second with 64 in 2009. His five interceptions and 23 pass breakups during that time also show his ability to get a hand on the ball and bait quarterbacks into throwing to his side of the field (where he is usually on an island on the boundary side). He redshirted the 2007 season, however, after his suspension for being named in an academic fraud case.

Lacking great size, Moore might struggle to handle bigger receivers at the next level. But his speed and exceptional change of direction ability make it conceivable that he jumps up some teams' boards into the third round like a similar player, Auburn's Jerraud Powers, did last April.

Analysis said:
Read & React: Very quick to read runs or receiver screens, so much so that teams take advantage of that aggressiveness to suck him in on play action. Must improve his reading of routes and be more aware of double moves.

Man Coverage: Can play off his man or on the line, although he doesn't get a hand on his man immediately. Excellent speed to turn and run with receivers, whether down the sideline or trailing over the middle. Changes direction quickly, mirrors jerk routes extremely well. Could improve his contact with receivers down the field instead of relying on recovery speed.

Zone Coverage: Typically plays off in zone with his hips open inside. Does not backpedal a lot but has the flexibility to do so. Inconsistent handing off his man to get to underneath route.

Closing/Recovery: Straight-line speed allows him to recover quickly if beaten. Good closing speed to the ball, able to knock the ball away even when a couple of yards behind his man when the quarterback starts his delivery. Finds the ball in the air. Must be more consistent in his plant and drive so receivers cannot lose him on a quick move.

Run Support: Extremely active, attacks the line of scrimmage once sniffing the run. Despite his small stature, he has the upper-body strength to punch receiver in the chest when he sees run, then come off to grab ballcarrier. Wraps up in space when in zone. Ducks his head often, but somehow gets enough of the ballcarrier to slow or stop him.

Tackling: Lacks great strength, but is one of this draft class's more aggressive corners. Throws his body into tackles, wrapping up on the island with length and want-to. Likes to lower the shoulder, can put it on the ball to cause force fumbles. Will take incorrect angles to the ball when catches are made in front of him. Gives up on plays when another defender is in contact with a ballcarrier.

Intangibles: Strong leader in the secondary despite his youth, directs his teammates on the field. Aggressive player with physicality teams like at the position. No major character issues, although teams will ask about the academic issue that led to his suspension.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wooooooo, no offensive linemen, and we only have 2 more picks. I'm going to revise my predictions on the Bears season once the draft is over

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wooooooo, no offensive linemen, and we only have 2 more picks. I'm going to revise my predictions on the Bears season once the draft is over

I don't see why everyone thinks the line is so terrible. They have greatly improved over the last few years. Give Chris Williams a chance at starting, and Omiyale can hold down the guard spot.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see why everyone thinks the line is so terrible. They have greatly improved over the last few years. Give Chris Williams a chance at starting, and Omiyale can hold down the guard spot.
Omiyale was moved to RT. They have a gaping hole at LG.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Omiyale was moved to RT. They have a gaping hole at LG.

Why wouldn't we put Shaffer at RT, and let Omiyale play LG.

The Bears site has him listed as a G still.

I'd say a line that looked like this would be okay.

LT: Chris Williams
LG: Frank Omiyale
C: Olin Kreutz
RG: Roberto Garza
RT: Kevin Shaffer

We still have the potential to get a guy to fill in one of those spots, I can see us upgrading at LG or RT.

There's another thread on it, but Alan Faneca would be great for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.