Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think they approved most of the Cubs stuff and tabled the video screens and large signs until 7/11. Chances are the Cubs went large to negotiate down, or they knew that Rahm would be on their side and they'd get what they want anyway. The results of the 7/11 meetings will be key.

Oh Thank Heaven!

images

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think they approved most of the Cubs stuff and tabled the video screens and large signs until 7/11. Chances are the Cubs went large to negotiate down, or they knew that Rahm would be on their side and they'd get what they want anyway. The results of the 7/11 meetings will be key.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...tebook_id=51969616&vkey=notebook_chc&c_id=chc

MILWAUKEE -- The Commission on Chicago Landmarks approved a master plan for 45,000 square feet of "new or existing" signage for Wrigley Field, but withheld approval of the signs proposed for left and right field during a Thursday meeting in Chicago.

The vote on those two signs was postponed until July 11. The Cubs and Alderman Tom Tunney hope to come up with a compromise by then.

The Cubs want to install a 6,000-square foot video scoreboard in left and a 1,000-square foot see-through sign in right. Tunney wants the video scoreboard reduced to 4,000 square feet, and the right-field sign reduced to 600 square feet. Tunney also wants the Cubs to scrap plans for a pedestrian bridge over Clark Street, which would connect a hotel to the team's new office building, and eliminate an outdoor patio deck for the hotel.

Part 1 no big deal. Part 2 is Tunney being a dick.

At the meeting, Tunney added another demand: that the Cubs scrap plans to take out a lane of parking on Waveland Avenue and a sidewalk on Sheffield Avenue to extend the right- and left-field walls outward to provide more interior space for concessions and concourses.

"For 265 days a year, this is residential community and sidewalk width and coming up and down the street [is pivotal]," Tunney said. "We are very concerned about the width of the sidewalk. It's a public safety issue."

No it is you pulling a power play. who gives a shit if the road becomes one way or not.

The Cubs are seeking approval of a five-year, $500 million renovation plan for the ballpark and surrounding area.

Cubs spokesman Julian Green told the Chicago Sun-Times they need the larger video scoreboard and sign in right to generate the resources needed for the Cubs to remain at Wrigley.

Now the bottom line is if the Cubs pull out who gets Fked here? The owners of the bars etc that depend on Wrigg to generate busness.

Fans? They will deal and still go if they give a damn about the Cubs vs a broken down park that the City is screw jobbing the Ricketts over anyways.

Swear listening to the ya just take it up the butt to preserve W.F. makes me want to puke.

City needs to step up and do the right thing.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ricketts needs to make his own mark on the team. Sorry, Wrigley Field is a symbol of losing, and counterproductive to the Cubs' goal of winning the World Series. I've been there before, I think every fan should go once, but a new place with 21st century amenities (such as a parking lot near the stadium for 10,000+ cars) needs to be built.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Ricketts needs to make his own mark on the team. Sorry, Wrigley Field is a symbol of losing, and counterproductive to the Cubs' goal of winning the World Series. I've been there before, I think every fan should go once, but a new place with 21st century amenities (such as a parking lot near the stadium for 10,000+ cars) needs to be built.

What they need to do is tell the Alderman and the roof top owners to shove it up their asses. What exactly are those roof tops worth without the Cubs playing across the street? Not a damn thing. Oh, and how much revenue would be lost by every other business in the area? And what about all the people that wouldn't want to live in the area since it wouldn't be the cool place to live anymore? Which people are more important to the good Alderman, the few rooftop owners who got rich off of someone else's product, or every one else in the area? They should really vote his ass out in a special election.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:

fisch, in a perfect world maybe. The only mark Ricketts wants to make, on the Cubs, is to make more profit than the Tribune company. WrigleyWorld, WallyWorld same thing.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
fisch, in a perfect world maybe. The only mark Ricketts wants to make, on the Cubs, is to make more profit than the Tribune company. WrigleyWorld, WallyWorld same thing.

Being a fan, I hope not.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

You should look into what the city taxes the Cubs on. Then look how they are regulating the **** out of them. There are normally 2 types of properties. 1: private with low regulations. Other words they can pretty much do what they want on their property like put up signs and don't have to accomindate the area. As long as they are not breaking zone laws. 2: public lands. Which means they are renting city property. Those lands are heavily regulated but the city pays for up keep. On top of this take the roof top seating. What a joke. That situation is unique to this park and a fucking alderman working as a paid lacky for those owners to screw the team that is putting $$$ into those roof top seats. To be honest I've never really liked the park even as a kid. Thought it was too small and with no outfield grandstands to act as a wind block the wind played too much of a factor in game. Not to mention having the park in the middle of a cluster fuck vs a parking lot made going to the game a pain in the ass.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moving the walls back has been approved among others, the signage will be reviewed July 11.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs have overcome their second-to-last hurdle, Zoning Board approves of the renovation plans after some haggling. No more pedestrian bridge, 10-year moratorium on new signs other than the Jumbotron and the right field sign. But the walls can go out, the ballpark expands, they'll have the Jumbotron as just stated, and after tomorrow's City Council vote, they should be able to start giving out contracts and stuff.