seems like a lot of construction to do before the season starts

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
641834.png

That just looks fucking stupid.

What's next?

So next offseason the old scoreboard being removed and replaced by a HD screen.

Last edited:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
641834.png

That just looks fucking stupid.

What's next?

So next offseason the old scoreboard being removed and replaced by a HD screen.

From that picture, it looks like they're going to have to boost up the bleachers a bit. It seems like that might take more than 3 months, but I guess we'll see. I also heard they're going to be adding a patio area as well.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We can always boogie there :)

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like the Cubs' roster, Wrigley Field will get a bit of a facelift - ESPN Chicago

"We're thrilled to expand our partnership with Budweiser and offer our fans an exciting new experience in the right field Budweiser Bleacher section at Wrigley Field," said Wally Hayward, the Cubs' executive vice president, chief sales and marketing officer, Chicago Cubs. "The Budweiser Patio will provide our fans with a rooftop experience inside the ballpark and more baseball content during the game on our new 75-foot LED board.

The section will hold up to 150 fans. Standing room only and seated tickets will come with an all-inclusive food and beverage package.

"We are still formulating the plan as to how the section would be sold and the pricing," said Crane Kenney, the team's president of business operations. "I think it will be a great section for groups because you're going to be able to aggregate seats. What we are finding about our suites and other areas is that people want to circulate. You see it on the rooftops and that's what was kind of generated this. We are still working on whether it will be sold to groups or individuals.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like the Cubs' roster, Wrigley Field will get a bit of a facelift - ESPN Chicago

"We're thrilled to expand our partnership with Budweiser and offer our fans an exciting new experience in the right field Budweiser Bleacher section at Wrigley Field," said Wally Hayward, the Cubs' executive vice president, chief sales and marketing officer, Chicago Cubs. "The Budweiser Patio will provide our fans with a rooftop experience inside the ballpark and more baseball content during the game on our new 75-foot LED board.

The section will hold up to 150 fans. Standing room only and seated tickets will come with an all-inclusive food and beverage package.

"We are still formulating the plan as to how the section would be sold and the pricing," said Crane Kenney, the team's president of business operations. "I think it will be a great section for groups because you're going to be able to aggregate seats. What we are finding about our suites and other areas is that people want to circulate. You see it on the rooftops and that's what was kind of generated this. We are still working on whether it will be sold to groups or individuals.

So they're going to have a social gathering inside a park that many already consider a social gathering.

Is this Facebook?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a party area. Some fans will use it, most will decide to just get 500 section seats.

I think it's a good idea. I'm surprised they're not raising the home run boundary as well because of the board, but it's not an eyesore like the Toyota sign.

About 50% of the folks in the session when it was announced had the WTF mojo going :D

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I like it

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it's about damn time, personally.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:yeah:

Now we just need to renovate the rest of the stadium...

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
They need to do a lot with the stadium and putting up something like this for advertising is a step in the right direction to bring in extra revenue.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theo has absolutely nothing to do with this. This would fall under the control of the other team president Crane Kenney who controls business operations of the team.

True but I'll always remember it happened with Theo

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like being owned by an actual person who actually cares. Every year your gonna see an improved wrigley field. Ricketts is the man.