1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
good good to hear

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Four days of skating in a row would lead you to believe being cleared for contact isn't that far away

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

The only thing I'll say is that I imagine a loose, unspoken goal is to have him back for game 1 in April or maybe even a game or two before that.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Four days of skating in a row would lead you to believe being cleared for contact isn't that far away

uh think again brah

Jonathan Toews went up and down the ice with skating and skills development coach Kevin Delaney on Friday afternoon. The Blackhawks captain went pretty hard at moments, then cooled down before heading off the ice for the day.

It was the fourth consecutive day Toews has skated. And while it again seems encouraging, there’s still no true timeline for when he’ll return.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
uh think again brah

If he's skating and not suffering any symptoms then being cleared for contact is the next step. Four days in a row is a good sign and might be the longest stretch of skates he's had since the injury.

Think again, brah.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
LOL

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im sure they will do contact when they are 100% certain he has no symptoms from just the hard skating, whether its 4 or 5 or 6 times doing that, no one fan can say "well yeah 4 days of this skatingz and stuff he should be clear for contact and should" thats just stupid talk.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Im sure they will do contact when they are 100% certain he has no symptoms from just the hard skating, whether its 4 or 5 or 6 times doing that, no one fan can say "well yeah 4 days of this skatingz and stuff he should be clear for contact and should" thats just stupid talk.
No one's saying ZOMG! 4 dayz of skating, bring him against the Predators so we can get the 6th seed and stuff.

A logical step after a few days of skating, would be some contact, and after a few practices with contact, so on until he plays again.

Of course, there is always the possibility for setbacks, especially with concussions.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one's saying ZOMG! 4 dayz of skating, bring him against the Predators so we can get the 6th seed and stuff.

A logical step after a few days of skating, would be some contact, and after a few practices with contact, so on until he plays again.

Of course, there is always the possibility for setbacks, especially with concussions.

I never said anything about bringing him against the preds or any real game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I'm not a doctor (surprising, I know) but this has been the progression for every concussion injury I've seen in the NHL.

Player gets cleared to skate. Does that for awhile without setback, then he gets cleared for contact. Does that for awhile longer without setback, then he's back in the lineup.

Only part I don't know is how long those "awhiles" last. But four days seems like it's a pretty good amount. Barring a setback, I think he should be contact ready in the next few days (again, not a doctor, just a thought).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Re: Toews Injury Watch: Updated 03/21/12*** (Skated Tuesday)

Toews on ice today...5 days in a row

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews Injury Watch: Updated 03/21/12*** (Skated Tuesday)

when he is cleared for contact i will be excited and very very nervous

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw on NHL Network that Montador has been cleared for contact

If we can get both Montador and Toews back am I wrong to think that this team isn't done after the first round?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we can get both Montador and Toews back am I wrong to think that this team isn't done after the first round?

first round matchup if it is a favorable one we could get through round 1. I really dont want the west standings to end with us facing the preds or the wings.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
first round matchup if it is a favorable one we could get through round 1. I really dont want the west standings to end with us facing the preds or the wings.

While we certainly aren't the favorites, Montador and Toews coming back would address two of the biggest issues the team has had in defense and center. Kane has actually been pretty solid centering the line with Hossa and Brunette. Toews coming back would create another top scoring line with Sharp and Stalberg (or someone else). Again we certainly aren't the favorites, but getting those two guys could allow this team to make a little noise in the postseason.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

We match up well vs. Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.