Knox to start season on Physically Unable to Perform list.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL.com news: Bears' Knox reportedly struggling to recover from back surgery

Chicago Bears wideout Johnny Knox likely will start the 2012 season on the physically-unable-to-perform list, as he recovers slowly from spinal fusion surgery last year. The Chicago Tribune, citing multiple sources familiar with Knox's progress, reported Sunday that Knox suffered more structural damage than initially anticipated. The newspaper said there is a strong chance that he won't play at all this season. The veteran suffered a frightening injury against the Seattle Seahawks in December. He still wears a back brace and walks with a limp. If Knox goes on the PUP list, he would have to sit out at least the first six weeks of the regular season. Knox could not be reached by the newspaper for comment. The Bears traded for Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall earlier this month to shore up their depth at the position.

I'm not surprised...that play was not easy to watch.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm willing to think he's played his last down as a Bear.

They'll probably do an injury settlement. I hope he'll be able to fully recover.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears hope Jeffery falls to them in the 2nd round?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Michael Floyd :pray:

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Poor kid..thought he was too small for the NFL since day one, just a matter of time.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
After that hit he took, no big surprise there. On the flipside, now theres a better chance of finding another WR. Had this been under Angelo, we'd be stuck with no addition guaranteed. Did we keep Sanzenbacher? Or however the fuck its spelled lol.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Always liked Knox, hope he can get back at some point. I'd love to see what he can do with Marshall drawing the defense's coverage.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I've been a Knox fan for a long time. He was a good deep threat and a very good kick returner. I hope he can recover!

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
My stance is still the same on drafting a WR with knox or without. I hope he can recover.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
This is somewhat unfortunate in the aspect that now other teams practically know Emery and co. are gonna go for a WR at least within the first 2 rounds of the draft. Either way it almost assures us fans that we are going to be getting a new receiver! WOOHOO!

Thank you, Knox, and get better soon.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Almost a career threatening injury. Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

Wtf are you trying to say? Have you seen Knox? There's nothing to him...how many times can you expect to get hit by people 2x your size before you get seriously injured. Give me a break.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wtf are you trying to say? Have you seen Knox? There's nothing to him...how many times can you expect to get hit by people 2x your size before you get seriously injured. Give me a break.

Yeah the great WR's never get smoked.

Get a fucking grip son.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He'll recover, but he'll never bring the same speed back that made him such a valuable player.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
You know the ironic thing aboot all this? Knox 'bulked' up last season to avoid injuries and break tackles...then gets snapped in half in a moment of fate that no amount of muscles can stop.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sucks to hear. That injury was something else...would've done the same to anyone. Hope he recovers soon, though I doubt he'll ever be able to be as fast as he was before. I think he's done as a receiver.