We need to sign Alan Faneca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I don't know if Alan Faneca's worst (for the money) is better than one of our current guard's best, as far as pass blocking goes.

I'm happy Angelo is giving him a look, but I hope Jerry is smart. Let's not overpay and leave ourselves an Orlando Pace situation...

Mike Martz promotes a pass heavy offense, and Faneca isn't a great pass blocker, anyway...

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears offensive line would be just as well off if they signed me

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Bears aren't gonna sign him:
The odds of the Bears signing free agent guard Alan Faneca seem increasingly remote.

While Jerry Angelo has had conversations with Faneca's representative, he has not been among the GMs that have expressed the most interest, according to a knowledgeable source.

Fanaca, 33, was released by the Jets on Saturday after the team drafted UMass offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse.

The Bears signed veteran tackle Orlando Pace last offseason hoping he had a year or two left. He didn't, which was obvious early in the exhibition season. Faneca's play has also declined, but not the extent that Pace's did. The nine-time Pro Bowler remains a solid player, and will help whichever team picks him up.

Unless something changes, it won't be the Bears.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2010/04/the_odds_of_the_bears.html

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
They never even contacted him

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hope he kills it with the Cards!!! He could have helped us.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
If he demands a lot of money then forget it. There's a reason why a Super Bowl contender like the Jets released him. This screams Orlando Pace to me.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
To bad cause we could have used him. I would seriously like to know what goes through Angelo and Lovie's mind. The defense is going to get real tired real quick in every game if Cutler has to keep rushing everything. I see a lot of 3 and out's for the offense.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To bad cause we could have used him. I would seriously like to know what goes through Angelo and Lovie's mind. The defense is going to get real tired real quick in every game if Cutler has to keep rushing everything. I see a lot of 3 and out's for the offense.

Angelo and Lovie think the team is good enough to win the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.