Re: Ticket prices and sales

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
ricketts has to make money for this supposed "massive renovation" project somehow.Keeping ticket prices high helps. (And cub fans willing to pay to watch this god awful disaster called a franchise)

New Cubs tent across the street....(im sure prices are outrageous)

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Last edited:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be at Wrigley on Monday night for the Brewers series. But goodness that's almost as ghetto-looking as their ice skating rink.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be at Wrigley on Monday night for the Brewers series. But goodness that's almost as ghetto-looking as their ice skating rink.

Make sure to visit that tent...I wanna know some prices of some of the merchandise.:D

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Merchandise prices are outrageous for any sports licensed product

Yup...I got my jersey from Wrigleyville Sports across the street and it cost $120 before taxes. I got the authentic one though, with the NL patch, not the replica one.

I figured if they were going to build a store they'd make a real building, not a bunch of shipping crates stacked up like Legos or Lincoln logs. It looks half-assed.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that was only temporary until they built a permanent one. If that's the finished product, then epic fail on the Cubs. That is an eye sore.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that was only temporary until they built a permanent one. If that's the finished product, then epic fail on the Cubs. That is an eye sore.

It's not perm.. It's till they can build that triangle building..

It may be here for awhile but its not perm.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thank goodness :lol:

If it's just for temporary use then it's a pretty good MacGyvering they did there.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Okay, that makes more sense now. I didn't think it was going to be a permanent building. The triangle building can be built during the season as well as the off-season, correct? I haven't seen any recent renderings of it, but the last proposed graphic I saw of it looked as though it could be constructed even while baseball was being played at Wrigley.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, that makes more sense now. I didn't think it was going to be a permanent building. The triangle building can be built during the season as well as the off-season, correct? I haven't seen any recent renderings of it, but the last proposed graphic I saw of it looked as though it could be constructed even while baseball was being played at Wrigley.

I think they have to figure out the stuff with the city before they know how much funding they can allocate to the Triangle Building. Shouldn't be a huge hurdle though. Sounds like they'll build it anyway.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what goes into the Triangle Building is an issue with the city though. Sounds like the city wants more year round stuff if they are ipso facto funding it by paying for the renovations at Wrigley. If the Cubs weren't holding out for that funding they probably could bring ground tomorrow if they really wanted.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: the ghetto ice skating rink, I think Chicago should try to host the NHL Winter Classic every year and just have that rink built up inside the park after Thanksgiving and have it running until after February 1st or so. Then I might actually pay $$ to skate there.

Or maybe inside the Triangle Building. That'd be cool too. There's your year-round usage. Ice-rink plus souvenir shop.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Wrigley Field Triangle Building

PERSP%2520Bridges.jpg

If they wanna do this, This would have to be completed during offseason. bridges to connect the building to Wrigley rooftops?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: the ghetto ice skating rink, I think Chicago should try to host the NHL Winter Classic every year and just have that rink built up inside the park after Thanksgiving and have it running until after February 1st or so. Then I might actually pay $$ to skate there.

Or maybe inside the Triangle Building. That'd be cool too. There's your year-round usage. Ice-rink plus souvenir shop.

That won't be at Wrigley for awhile..

Our best shot for the next Winter Classic is to have it at Soldier Field.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Al I know is if Ricketts wants the triangle building built he would have to spend HIS OWN money to build it.

City/State will not help him. They will help renovate wrigley(not sure how much though), but he would have to spend his own money to build that building.

It won't get built till the agreement to renovate WF is complete though.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if they'll provide indoor parking for the players and staff as the building would go where the parking lot used to be.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I figured if they were going to build a store they'd make a real building, not a bunch of shipping crates stacked up like Legos or Lincoln logs. It looks half (done).

Matches the park :)