Konerko 1b
Jones LF
Quentin RF
AJ C
Teahan 3B
Aram SS

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Switch Teahen and Pierre in the order and have Quentin DH with Jones in RF and you have yourself a winner, or at least a lineup that makes the best use of the players and their current production levels.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Switch Teahen and Pierre in the order and have Quentin DH with Jones in RF and you have yourself a winner, or at least a lineup that makes the best use of the players and their current production levels.

quentin to dh would be great, i just hate pierre out in the field....hell cq seems worse this year.

1-800-STFU

Liked Posts:
What is your ideal batting order everyday? Heres mine

Pierre DH
Beckham 2B
Rios CF
Konerko 1b
Jones LF
Quentin RF
AJ C
Teahen 3B
Aram SS

Beckham 2B
Rios CF
Konerko 1B
Jones LF
Quentin RF
AJ C
Teahen 3B
Alexei SS
Nix DH

Yes, Pierre sucks so much I rather have Nix at DH.

His fantastic .504 OPS is just unacceptable. At least Nix will SLG higher than .222 and have an OBP higher than .280(as of today for Pierre).

If Teahen keeps up his decent production i'd move him higher but I have 0 faith in him.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beckham 2B
Rios CF
Konerko 1B
Jones LF
Quentin RF
AJ C
Teahen 3B
Alexei SS
Nix DH

Yes, Pierre sucks so much I rather have Nix at DH.

His fantastic .504 OPS is just unacceptable. At least Nix will SLG higher than .222 and have an OBP higher than .280(as of today for Pierre).

If Teahen keeps up his decent production i'd move him higher but I have 0 faith in him.

nix at dh is interesting....i wouldnt oppose that. how much time do we give pierre? i like pierre i really do, but his ability to hit the ball out of the infield sucks.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Teahan 3B
Beckham 2B
Jones RF
Konerko 1B
Quentin DH
Rios CF
AJ C
Pierre DH
Alexei SS

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teahan 3B
Beckham 2B
Jones RF
Konerko 1B
Quentin DH
Rios CF
AJ C
Pierre DH
Alexei SS

im not trying to be a dick.....but what is your reasoning behind teahan leading off?

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
.393 OBP thus far this year.

1-800-STFU

Liked Posts:
nix at dh is interesting....i wouldnt oppose that. how much time do we give pierre? i like pierre i really do, but his ability to hit the ball out of the infield sucks.

4th OFer/Pinch runner

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
No, but the odd Juan Pierre ever becomes a competent leadoff hitter ever again is even rarer.

MT won't keep a .390+ OBP all year, but his career high was somewhere around .340-.350, I think he can possibly do that.

1-800-STFU

Liked Posts:
No, but the odd Juan Pierre ever becomes a competent leadoff hitter ever again is even rarer.

MT won't keep a .390+ OBP all year, but his career high was somewhere around .340-.350, I think he can possibly do that.

I dont really disagree with any of this. I just think Beckham is likely the better hitter overall(or will be over the course of the season) with at the least a comparable OBP to Teahen. Same with Rios. Why I like them more 1+2. Also why I'd keep Teahen down in the order for a couple more weeks to see if he keeps up a OPS in the .825-.850 range. He wont keep up his .882 he has currently it's just a matter of how bad he downtrends.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I dont really disagree with any of this. I just think Beckham is likely the better hitter overall(or will be over the course of the season) with at the least a comparable OBP to Teahen. Same with Rios. Why I like them more 1+2. Also why I'd keep Teahen down in the order for a couple more weeks to see if he keeps up a OPS in the .825-.850 range. He wont keep up his .882 he has currently it's just a matter of how bad he downtrends.

Yeah, but Beckham is pegged as a "pure" doubles hitter, which is what you would want following a high-OBP leadoff man.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Exactly in an ideal world you have Tea Bag getting on base, Beckham doubling to the opposite field or whatever and scoring MT.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Exactly in an ideal world you have Tea Bag getting on base, Beckham doubling to the opposite field or whatever and scoring MT.

Then PK can't GIDP, and Jones can come up with a man on second and one out.

(Assuming Ozzie doesn't make MT attempt a steal or Beckham bunt him over as soon as Bexxx gets on)

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
good to see we have more Sox fans rolling around!