1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Trade LaHair

He'd make great trade bait right now... don't trade him just yet though, wait and hope he continues to mash until the deadline when value is maximized.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I would rather keep him and trade him next year(maybe this off season). He doesn't have much service time he will be really cheap and will get more value for showing he produced for a full year.

If he can play OF I wouldn't mind keeping him cheap under control for his whole prime and that is so valuable.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of signs point to the current regime not being willing to tolerate his defense in the OF, but he did play some last year in the bigs. And he has played a bit in the minors as well. I am hoping they give it a shot since the Cubs are actually starting to have the makings of an offense with LaHair.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah, but Rizzo needs to be up at some point... not now, but soon enough to consider this IMO.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but Rizzo needs to be up at some point... not now, but soon enough to consider this IMO.

This is a blessing in disguise. It delays Rizzo's clock and potentially helps them avoid Super Two as long as LaHair doesn't suck.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
no. move him to LF or RF when Sorianos gone, bring up Rizzo... LaHair our best player when it comes to batting right now, granted he is 29 but i dont wanna trade him just yet.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol. Cubs fans are over-Theo'ing right now.

"He's got trade value? GET RID OF HIM!"

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Soriano is going to be a pain in the ass to trade.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It's just silly. The guy is 29-years-old playing in a non-premium position and is going through his first stint in the majors. He doesn't have trade value, no matter how good his numbers are. Besides, he's been one of the few bright spots for the Cubs so far. Let's get a little closer to the trade deadline before start trading away veterans for prospects.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other GMs are also not stupid...they'll want to see LaHair's ability to sustain this level of production (or a normalized version of said production because he can't hit almost .400 forever :lol:) for a couple seasons before they'd want to trade. The age and the lack of defense will limit his destinations as well. While he's cheap, just keep him in house.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figured these could be merged since they're about the same player.

Nobody panic!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

that would be the smart thing to do if you are rebuilding. Is LaHair really part of the future plans? 30 year old who is finally succeeding in the MLB, should be 32/33 when cubs are ready to compete.

there are plenty of teams out there that need a bat and would give you something descent in return if he keeps up with his OBP and HRs.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
that would be the smart thing to do if you are rebuilding. Is LaHair really part of the future plans? 30 year old who is finally succeeding in the MLB, should be 32/33 when cubs are ready to compete.

there are plenty of teams out there that need a bat and would give you something descent in return if he keeps up with his OBP and HRs.

I think part of the point is that LaHair won't hit arbitration until something like 2015 so if he's league minimum (or thereabouts) during that time, you keep him around and then unload him as he gets older and expensive to get the return. But that really depends on how much value you put on a guy who hasn't had an extended shot until now.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think part of the point is that LaHair won't hit arbitration until something like 2015 so if he's league minimum (or thereabouts) during that time, you keep him around and then unload him as he gets older and expensive to get the return. But that really depends on how much value you put on a guy who hasn't had an extended shot until now.

its a risk because he probably will not keep these numbers up in the bigs for a long stretch and in this case your stating years.