Seattle Mariners @ Chicago Whitesox Series Game Thread

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got WhiteSox baseball with the sox playing the mariners. Game 1 was a huge win allthough I was extremley upset with the grandslam we still came back and won. We need to get on a role, it is getting a little late.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
AJ still not batting at or near the bottom of the order? C'mon, Ozzie, you can't be this stupid.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Alex rios......walk me off!

Last edited by a moderator:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Good win for you guys today.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Andruw Jones and Rios, walk me off!

Tyberius Fox

Liked Posts:
Alright Alex! Two walk offs in a row could give this team some much needed momentum.

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Alright Alex! Two walk offs in a row could give this team some much needed momentum.

Hmmm, so is 2 or more walk-offs the magic number to trigger that "momentum"? Because up until the 9th inning of this game (which followed a walk-off), the offense looked flat still.

Tyberius Fox

Liked Posts:
Hmmm, so is 2 or more walk-offs the magic number to trigger that "momentum"? Because up until the 9th inning of this game (which followed a walk-off), the offense looked flat still.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. One can hope.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope this is a start to something better than the product we have seen so far this year. Alot of the so called experts said that this team would not hit many homeruns. i guess they were wrong.

Yoda

Liked Posts:
Bringing out the brooms!

Boy, I thought I would never be able to say that this season. :D

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I hope this is a start to something better than the product we have seen so far this year. Alot of the so called experts said that this team would not hit many homeruns. i guess they were wrong.

To be fair, the Sox have a few guys that are playing out of their skulls right now, something no one could have (or should have) predicted. Paul Konerko is on pace to hit 59 HR's in 600 PA's, Alex Rios is on pace for 26 in the same amount of playing time and given 600 PA's at current production rates, Andruw Jones would hit 67 HR's. The "experts" were right to be cautious of this team's power-hitting abilities, and predict accordingly. Anyone that expected or predicted this is either lying to you or they just got lucky.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, the Sox have a few guys that are playing out of their skulls right now, something no one could have (or should have) predicted. Paul Konerko is on pace to hit 59 HR's in 600 PA's, Alex Rios is on pace for 26 in the same amount of playing time and given 600 PA's at current production rates, Andruw Jones would hit 67 HR's. The "experts" were right to be cautious of this team's power-hitting abilities, and predict accordingly. Anyone that expected or predicted this is either lying to you or they just got lucky.

pierre 0
beckham 20
quentin 25
konerko 30
jones 25
rios 20
aram 20
teahan 15
aj 13

168 homeruns isnt too shabby and those are realistic numbers.
plus bench

omar a few
nix will be good for 8
kotsay will hit 5 or so

not bad for a so called no power team

Lefty

Liked Posts:
pierre 0
beckham 20
quentin 25
konerko 30
jones 25
rios 20
aram 20
teahan 15
aj 13

168 homeruns isnt too shabby and those are realistic numbers.
plus bench

omar a few
nix will be good for 8
kotsay will hit 5 or so

not bad for a so called no power team

Those aren't "realistic" figures, they are the top-end of "realistic" ranges.

Konerko hasn't hit 30 HR's in four seasons;

AJ, while his HR production has been constant for some time, is an aging catcher with a lollipop swing;

Alexei hit 21 HR's in 2008, then went on to hit only 15 in 100 more PA's the next season (HINT: that means banking on 20 from him isn't "realisic");

Predicting 25 from Andruw Jones is assuming he's getting the amount of PA's a full-time starter would, which was a murky-at-best sentiment going into the season with Ozzie swearing by his "DH by committee".

But ok. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the White Sox do manage to hit 168 HR's for the entire season, as per your predictions. That would be good enough for average-at-best HR totals for each season since 2006. League average. That's bad news when the Sox play 81 games in the launching pad that is US Cellular Field.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those aren't "realistic" figures, they are the top-end of "realistic" ranges.

Konerko hasn't hit 30 HR's in four seasons;

AJ, while his HR production has been constant for some time, is an aging catcher with a lollipop swing;

Alexei hit 21 HR's in 2008, then went on to hit only 15 in 100 more PA's the next season (HINT: that means banking on 20 from him isn't "realisic");

Predicting 25 from Andruw Jones is assuming he's getting the amount of PA's a full-time starter would, which was a murky-at-best sentiment going into the season with Ozzie swearing by his "DH by committee".

But ok. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the White Sox do manage to hit 168 HR's for the entire season, as per your predictions. That would be good enough for average-at-best HR totals for each season since 2006. League average. That's bad news when the Sox play 81 games in the launching pad that is US Cellular Field.

either way you want to slice it, the homeruns will be there. it might not be as many as the past, but it will be enough when we arent playing station to station baseball anymore. we dont have a lineup clogged with slow ass guys like thome,dye,konerko etc.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
either way you want to slice it, the homeruns will be there. it might not be as many as the past, but it will be enough when we arent playing station to station baseball anymore. we dont have a lineup clogged with slow ass guys like thome,dye,konerko etc.

Yes, but that lineup hit home runs when they weren't "clogging the bases", and the difference between the best and worst baserunners over the course of a season is around 10-15 marginal runs. This may seem like a lot (it's worth 1 marginal win in the standings) but that's the difference between the two extremes of the spectrum.