tonyni

Liked Posts:
...is getting laid tonight.

Discuss.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol I almost made a thread about him a couple weeks ago because I heard the rumors, but I couldn't find any articles with good info about it, what do you guys know??

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Nice! Good move, will he be starting with Oduro?

tonyni

Liked Posts:
I can't imagine him NOT starting. Maybe/probably not this weekend, but I'm sure before long it'll be the Rolfe & Oduro show. I'm excited to see what the combo brings.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Now the midfield situation is in flux again... Nyarko will have to move back there full time and Pause did manage to score last game. Perhaps Pause is moved to defense?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Or that

giaco

Liked Posts:
You guys should have seen his face when we met him as he got off the plane....he was in shock--and I think he was glad that we didn't sing that song. :)

AND he looked fantastic in practice--although his cardio needs a bit of work, but I fully expect we'll see him get some sub minutes in Toronto this weekend.

Can't wait.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Huge move for sure.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
You guys should have seen his face when we met him as he got off the plane....he was in shock--and I think he was glad that we didn't sing that song. :)

AND he looked fantastic in practice--although his cardio needs a bit of work, but I fully expect we'll see him get some sub minutes in Toronto this weekend.

Can't wait.

Sprained his ankle Thursday, he's out for Saturday's game against Toronto. Could be out 2 weeks, so looks like his first game will be 4/28 against Seattle at home or 5/5 at CD Chivas.

giaco

Liked Posts:
sadly, neither yet.

Watched him in the limited practices he's had and the touch and instinct is still there....obv. the durability is still (sadly) in question though.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Thanks for the scouting Giaco! :)

I wonder what the ETA for an appearance is?

tonyni

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'd rather them keep him on the bench for a little while until we are more than 100% sure his ankle is fully healed. I don't care if it takes until June, considering how busy May is. As someone who has vast, VAST experience with ankle injuries and re-injuries, you can THINK your ankle has healed and easily come back too soon only to aggravate it and be out even longer.

Even worse if he sprained his primary shooting foot.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cautious approach doesn't hurt, that is for sure.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care when he come back, Just make sure he's damn ready and is helping out the team, nothing against the guy I love Rolfe but if he is being outplayed by someone else then that person better get his playing time. I kind of hope Klopas uses the "what have you done for me lately approach". If Rolfe isn't getting it done thor if his ankle injury nags him and it's affecting him, get someone else in if there is someone performing better at the moment

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Off topic from the general direction of the thread....what are the chances Rolfe gets in the Ring of Fire?

giaco

Liked Posts:
Frank has his faults and flaws, but he wouldn't just play someone based on a name if they weren't doing their job. I think the fact that he's not too far removed from his playing days (I know, that's subjective--but the players passion is still in him), I think he has the courage to bench anyone who isn't cutting it, or needs a little extra bench time to motivate them further....look at Pappa during the Seattle and then Chivas game.....he sure seemed a bit more motivated and all it took was for him not to be in the starting line up for 1 game.

As for Rolfe in the RoF.....waaaaaaay too early to have that discussion, especially since he hasn't even seen the field yet in competition during this stint. Hell, if we were going on level terms, you'd have to include Segares in the discussion before Rolfe.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Frank has his faults and flaws, but he wouldn't just play someone based on a name if they weren't doing their job. I think the fact that he's not too far removed from his playing days (I know, that's subjective--but the players passion is still in him), I think he has the courage to bench anyone who isn't cutting it, or needs a little extra bench time to motivate them further....look at Pappa during the Seattle and then Chivas game.....he sure seemed a bit more motivated and all it took was for him not to be in the starting line up for 1 game.

As for Rolfe in the RoF.....waaaaaaay too early to have that discussion, especially since he hasn't even seen the field yet in competition during this stint. Hell, if we were going on level terms, you'd have to include Segares in the discussion before Rolfe.

How about Pause? :D There have been many games where he wasn't doing his job. I think the Pause will never be left off the starting unless he's injuried or the day he reitires. Then the day he retires Andy hires him as the new coach.

Last edited: