The 2012 Chicago White Sox Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a hypocrit but I think Jake stays next year perhaps signing a three year deal for about $30 mil

with the market so thin analysts say the cheapest contract will be 2 years/ 25 mil. a pitcher of his quality will not make just 10 million a year.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
AJ is getting old though. If they do resign him they should do it on the cheap.

But in the "prime of his career". I say the Sox should try to sign him for another two years.

*This message may look like shit thanks to Tapatalk.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But in the "prime of his career". I say the Sox should try to sign him for another two years.

*This message may look like shit thanks to Tapatalk.

even though he is older he is still an upgrade over most starting catchers.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
with the market so thin analysts say the cheapest contract will be 2 years/ 25 mil. a pitcher of his quality will not make just 10 million a year.
Yeah I mean considering everything Peavy has to be at worst the third best pitcher on the market behind Greinke and Edwin Jackson (pretty strong argument could be made for Peavy being better than E-Jax as well) he is going to get paid. And if it is a short term deal the per year is going to probably in the 15 million range at least.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I mean considering everything Peavy has to be at worst the third best pitcher on the market behind Greinke and Edwin Jackson (pretty strong argument could be made for Peavy being better than E-Jax as well) he is going to get paid. And if it is a short term deal the per year is going to probably in the 15 million range at least.

exactly.

Im also ok with losing him. we can deal for someone for the back end and danks essentially would take peavys spot. I dont trust pitchers let alone guys like peavy. im also ok if he stays but i wont be if we pay out the ass for him.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good lord, Dunn fucking blows. Hitting .209 & batting 3rd.

20j1kcp_th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.