The Official Madden 13 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
should i get this game?

It's the best update Madden has had in years. Fresh game modes, good player physics and deep gameplay. Definitely worth the money IMO. I'm a bit of a Madden fanboy though so don't just take my word for it. Haha

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just got the game a couple of days ago. I like it so far. I haven't played Madden in like 2 years though.. so it'll take some getting used to

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wondering how many people play mostly online games and what their Madden ranking is?

I usually do fairly well but a couple months ago I upgraded my internet speed to 30 meg. They tell me I'm near the beginning of the line so I should get a little better than 30 meg. I've tested the speed on speedtest many times and I'm alway between 45 and 48 meg. I used to have 15 meg and people tell me the game only uses so much bandwidth and the added speed won't make much difference but for some reason I am doing a lot better than I ever have before.

I could usually break the top 1000 in all of Madden but right now I am in the middle of a 26 game winning streak and am ranked #55 in all of Madden. You used to be able to pick and choose who you want to play in matchups but now they match you up with someone similar in rank. Another factor could be that Madden is making it harder and harder to cheat with glitches or the use of certain plays that can't be stopped because a player is too fast for Madden.

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Just wondering how many people play mostly online games and what their Madden ranking is?

I usually do fairly well but a couple months ago I upgraded my internet speed to 30 meg. They tell me I'm near the beginning of the line so I should get a little better than 30 meg. I've tested the speed on speedtest many times and I'm alway between 45 and 48 meg. I used to have 15 meg and people tell me the game only uses so much bandwidth and the added speed won't make much difference but for some reason I am doing a lot better than I ever have before.

I could usually break the top 1000 in all of Madden but right now I am in the middle of a 26 game winning streak and am ranked #55 in all of Madden. You used to be able to pick and choose who you want to play in matchups but now they match you up with someone similar in rank. Another factor could be that Madden is making it harder and harder to cheat with glitches or the use of certain plays that can't be stopped because a player is too fast for Madden.
have you figured out a good lineup and style of game play for the Bears on 13 yet?....Im way too inconsistent, cant complete hardly any short passes and if i run it better be a sweep.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
have you figured out a good lineup and style of game play for the Bears on 13 yet?....Im way too inconsistent, cant complete hardly any short passes and if i run it better be a sweep.

I have a 82 - 19 online record and in those games I used the Bears 9 times and have a 5 - 4 record with them. Marshall is too slow in Madden and the line sucks so bad that you can't run with Forte. I pretty much gave up trying to use the Bears online. A lot of people use Vick and the Eagles so I always go with the 49ers, I have a 29 - 2 record with the 49ers online. Their defense is so fast it neutralizes Vick's speed.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Haven't played online yet. I'm afraid of how bad I'd get beat. LOL

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
question to you fellers here. I'm looking to start a 4-5 man fantasy draft madden league as I haven't done a league yet. If anyone has any interest at all in doing one, get at me. As I'm trying to get everything situated, and I woudl like to know if there is any interest at all in doing this.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I havent lost in Madden with the Bears and have played about 15 games online but they have been against my brother and a couple of buddies only 1 was agianst someone i didnt know and beat him pretty soundly. I use alot of short passes, drags, slants, curls and comebacks for me and also throw in a few screens to Forte. I try to get the ball out real quick as the OL is garbage. When running manily draws and counters. When I do pass normally i leave the HB and FB to pass protect so I will only have 3-4 guys out in a pattern. Since most people blitz in madden its all about finding the right guy open quick. I play the same way online as i would off-line. I never throw deep because it will usually end in a sack. Webb and Carimi are horrible in pass blocking.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing i absolutely hate is that you cant take the updated EA rosters into offline career mode...that's bullshit

Unless im doing something wrong lol

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
I havent lost in Madden with the Bears and have played about 15 games online but they have been against my brother and a couple of buddies only 1 was agianst someone i didnt know and beat him pretty soundly. I use alot of short passes, drags, slants, curls and comebacks for me and also throw in a few screens to Forte. I try to get the ball out real quick as the OL is garbage. When running manily draws and counters. When I do pass normally i leave the HB and FB to pass protect so I will only have 3-4 guys out in a pattern. Since most people blitz in madden its all about finding the right guy open quick. I play the same way online as i would off-line. I never throw deep because it will usually end in a sack. Webb and Carimi are horrible in pass blocking.
do you use the bEARS Playbook?, I was going to experiment. my record is like 25-28, there is no way I can get to .500. frustrating as hell. I only play madden to use the Bears, i hate guys with a team sig and only use the 9er's or the eagles. whats the point if u dont use your favorite team?

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The next patch for Madden NFL 13 will be out on October 16. ... Includes player editing in Connected Careers.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
madden next patch is fucking huge....

Feature Additions

•Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

•Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

•Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

•Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

•Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

•Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

•Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

•Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.

Gameplay Tuning
•Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.

•Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.

•Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.

•Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

Commentary
•Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.

Presentation

•Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.

•Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.

•Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).

Connected Careers
•Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.

•Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.

•Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.

•Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.

•Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.

•Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.

•Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.

•Fixed an issue where ‘Starting a League’ would reset Player Schemes.

•Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.

•Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.

•Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.

•Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.

•Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.

•Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.

•Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.

•Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.

•Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.

•Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.

Stability
•Fixed numerous crashes.

•Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.

Madden Ultimate Team

•Changed the Packs button to Store Button.

•Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.

•Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.

•Implemented Store Panel Changes.

•Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.

•Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits

Playbooks
•Fixed an issue where the Hail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
My new head coach....

I WANT WINNERS!

8062578429_fc26ae9a41.jpg

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
do you use the bEARS Playbook?, I was going to experiment. my record is like 25-28, there is no way I can get to .500. frustrating as hell. I only play madden to use the Bears, i hate guys with a team sig and only use the 9er's or the eagles. whats the point if u dont use your favorite team?

I just changed over to Shanny's (washington) playbook. But before I strictly used the Bears Playbook. I swear it is the same playbook they have had in Madden for the last 5 years or so. I really like the Bears playbook, but Shanny's (washington) playbook has alot of formations that I prefer to run and the Wr routes really open things up more than the BEars playbook. The passing plays are way better in Shanny's(washington) playbook than the Bears playbook..

Status
Not open for further replies.