Byrd Dealt To Boston

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some of you should stop with "I wantz thiz guy and stuffsz" its marlon fucking byrd. be happy if they take the salary.

We've been talking about getting Michael Bowden, a guy Boston DFA'd, a lefty reliever because Bruce Levine mentioned it, and or a lottery ticket (i.e. a guy with some upside but a very small chance of reaching it). I think our expectations were pretty reasonable.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We've been talking about getting Michael Bowden, a guy Boston DFA'd, a lefty reliever because Bruce Levine mentioned it, and or a lottery ticket (i.e. a guy with some upside but a very small chance of reaching it). I think our expectations were pretty reasonable.

no just no :troll:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bowden minor league stats suggest he might be sort of okay if they wanted to Samardzija Experiment him again. Couldn't hurt.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quit being grumpy...

006200_11.jpg

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
According to CSN, it's official

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bowden minor league stats suggest he might be sort of okay if they wanted to Samardzija Experiment him again. Couldn't hurt.

Yeah I wonder if they would try that this year since none of the AAA insurance plans have been pitching well. I don't think Bowden was stretched out at all though.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I wonder if they would try that this year since none of the AAA insurance plans have been pitching well. I don't think Bowden was stretched out at all though.

They'd have to re-stretch him in Iowa methinks. The Sawx had pretty much converted him to a reliever over the past year or so.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:

Any news on where he's reporting?

Also, is there anyone at AA that could fill in?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'd have to re-stretch him in Iowa methinks. The Sawx had pretty much converted him to a reliever over the past year or so.

But isn't he out of options? I am assuming that he can't be sent down is why he was DFA'd in the first place.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
But isn't he out of options? I am assuming that he can't be sent down is why he was DFA'd in the first place.

I don't know about that. You'd have to Google that stuff. If he is out of options then I guess they'd have to dump someone off the bullpen. Possibly Shawn Camp or Rodrigo Lopez since they're old :lol: Or maybe Dolis since he probably still has options.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about that. You'd have to Google that stuff. If he is out of options then I guess they'd have to dump someone off the bullpen. Possibly Shawn Camp or Rodrigo Lopez since they're old :lol: Or maybe Dolis since he probably still has options.

Well Camp was DLed, and Bowden takes Byrd's roster spot. The issue becomes what happens when Wells is placed on the roster if Dempster isn't DLed. Bowden is indeed out of options according to a few reports I could find.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Well Camp was DLed, and Bowden takes Byrd's roster spot. The issue becomes what happens when Wells is placed on the roster if Dempster isn't DLed. Bowden is indeed out of options according to a few reports I could find.

wasn't Demp placed on the DL today?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any news on where he's reporting?

Also, is there anyone at AA that could fill in?

In AA, there is no one that is really knocking on the door to jump over Wood, Wells, and Coleman. Struck has been doing well like we talked about but he is pretty young still and really struggled when the Cubs stupidly rushed him to AAA last year.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think only Kerry Wood and Dempster were DL'ed. Camp was throwing in the bullpen earlier today in the game.