Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Oh, Ho, The Mistletoe Czar Nicholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon, OH
    Posts
    6,852
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I meant if he was our starter and we didn't have AJ.
    Miguel Cabrera: "I may have beaten Trout for the MVP, but it doesn't compare to when I beat my wife."

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #22
    Senior Member MRubio52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,709
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitesox901 View Post
    Red Sox?
    They have Lavarnway waiting I think...but he might just end up being a DH.
    Hidden Content

    What is illness to the body of a knight-errant?
    What matter wounds? For each time he falls he shall rise
    again... and woe to the wicked! Sancho!
    My Armor, My Sword!

  4. #23
    World Series Dreaming Rice Cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,012
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitesox901 View Post
    I meant if he was our starter and we didn't have AJ.
    I think he'd have better luck catching base-stealers than AJ.

    Theo and Jed should get on the phone with Tampa Bay though, for sure.

  5. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Soto had a good rookie year because he was hitting 7th in an order that was very good. Soto has always done his damage low in the order and has no idea what he is doing anyway. He isn't that good of a catcher or a game caller to keep the guy playing. Trade his ass and let Clevenger and the young guy at AAA split time.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to herky For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    @Chitown_Ryan ChitwnRyan60452's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    isnt there a team out there with a real bad catcher? trade him if you can.
    He's already on the Cubs...Duh!

  8. #26
    Fringe Average Mod dabynsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herky View Post
    Soto had a good rookie year because he was hitting 7th in an order that was very good. Soto has always done his damage low in the order and has no idea what he is doing anyway. He isn't that good of a catcher or a game caller to keep the guy playing. Trade his ass and let Clevenger and the young guy at AAA split time.
    Your argument is not supported by Soto's stats either in 2008 or for his career. Soto is far from a world beater, but even in his down years he has been an average offensive catcher. It is time for the Cubs to trade him, but not because he is worthless. It is time to trade him because his value is derived from his ability to catch and it is a position to wears guys down quickly. And at age 29 the number of seasons Soto has behind the plate is pretty limited.

  9. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabynsky View Post
    Your argument is not supported by Soto's stats either in 2008 or for his career. Soto is far from a world beater, but even in his down years he has been an average offensive catcher. It is time for the Cubs to trade him, but not because he is worthless. It is time to trade him because his value is derived from his ability to catch and it is a position to wears guys down quickly. And at age 29 the number of seasons Soto has behind the plate is pretty limited.
    So in other words......he just kinda sucks now but give him another year or two and he will really suck?? IMHO he is at the really sucking point now, his offensive numbers are not there and his defense has always lacked. He has nice hair and the ability to grow some nice facial hair to but come on.

  10. #28
    Fringe Average Mod dabynsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herky View Post
    So in other words......he just kinda sucks now but give him another year or two and he will really suck?? IMHO he is at the really sucking point now, his offensive numbers are not there and his defense has always lacked. He has nice hair and the ability to grow some nice facial hair to but come on.
    the point is that Soto was average for the position offensively. His error total spiked last season and there is reason to think he might be on the decline already. That is why they ought to try to trade him. But I think you guys are going to be disappointed with what Castillo and Clevenger provide on full time basis if you think Soto sucked the last 3 years.

  11. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •