CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i did CC and track..and i hate running lol

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Started up again this year after pretty much only running for a brief 3 month period a couple years ago. Started mid January and already down 40 pounds. Its so awesome to see the progression you make. When I started I could barely run 1/8 mile without having to walk due to shin pain or just being tired. Up to 2 miles a workout now (got lazy April 11th for my bday/tooth extraction) but back at it again a few days ago.

After my first month i was able to go 1.5 miles but was run/walking it. Now I am able to straight up run a mile without walking for the first time in my life! 5ks are in my future once I lose some more weight!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Finished in 34:16...missed my target by 1:16...but happy with it overall. Not bad for my first race i suppose.

Good work. Times don't matter. What matters is that you are happy. /MrRogers

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good work. Times don't matter. What matters is that you are happy. /MrRogers

Thanks man. Already planning another 5k in 2 weeks from today. I'll get sub-30:00 by the end of the summer.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm kind of curious to my times now. I haven't ran in years. My last PT test for the Army(based on 2miles) was in the high 10s, and a 5k is what, just over 3 miles?

If you're running that slow(please don't take this the wrong way, I know you're working up <3), maybe you need to work on your RBC counts and stuff like lung expansion training.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just did a 30 minute run, out of curiosity and for an aerobic workout. I hate running now LOL. If my old pedometer is right, I did 3.8miles. Yeah, I suck and I doubt I'm going to get back into running. I'll stick to weights and fucking.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm kind of curious to my times now. I haven't ran in years. My last PT test for the Army(based on 2miles) was in the high 10s, and a 5k is what, just over 3 miles?

If you're running that slow(please don't take this the wrong way, I know you're working up <3), maybe you need to work on your RBC counts and stuff like lung expansion training.
What's an RBC Count?
And yeah, i wasn't stoked w/ my time. My cousin ran it in 24 minutes -- he's a constant runner though. Like you said, i'm working up. Goal is sub-30:00 by the end of the summer.

I just did a 30 minute run, out of curiosity and for an aerobic workout. I hate running now LOL. If my old pedometer is right, I did 3.8miles. Yeah, I suck and I doubt I'm going to get back into running. I'll stick to weights and fucking.

lol. I do both of those as often as possible, though I go light on weights. Don't wanna get ripped...just wanna be more healthy.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
RBC, red blood cell count. It's the secret to taking your body and it's abilities from your so-called absolute physical peak, and then unlocking another level without adding hormones. Because there are so many ways to improve your RBC count, you need to learn a little on it, and see what you aren't doing(opposed to just rehashing a list of what you may already be doing.)

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
RBC, red blood cell count. It's the secret to taking your body and it's abilities from your so-called absolute physical peak, and then unlocking another level without adding hormones. Because there are so many ways to improve your RBC count, you need to learn a little on it, and see what you aren't doing(opposed to just rehashing a list of what you may already be doing.)

thanks man. good advice!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So I'm in my first day of half marathon training. Was supposed to do three miles. Keep in mind that my fastest 5k time is 33:30. I did the three miles in 29:37.

Yea me.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone run for exercise, or just b/c you enjoy it?

I've got my first 5k tomorrow, kinda excited about it. Will probably have to walk part of it, but meh, that's ok.

Who runs?
I've run a marathon. I'm doing a half marathon in just over a month. I ran XC and track in HS and college. After this half I go back to general 10k training. I'll get in around 7 races this year.

What should i eat before the race? Just an energy bar an hour or so prior to?
Obviously late to this but I usually eat some wheat toast with peanut butter and honey on it and drink a bottle of water(for a 5k). That's really all you should need. A 5k doesn't take much running at the level you are.

:shrug: I ran one marathon hung-over, and I smoked a pack a day. I still came in around 3:35.
Utter bullshit.

Quit lying.

I'd just like to point out to everyone in this thread that what Crys has posted in this thread is a complete lie and is in no way true.

LOL at a pack of day smoker running a 3:35 marathon while hungover.

Frankly, if the story is true he's lucky he didn't die, let alone run near Boston qualifying time.

Some people swear by certain meals, carbing up, certain supplements. I swear by the notion that mind>matter and just stay away from foods that make you shit or load you with grease.
Special person. Some of the world's top runners eat pizza the night before the race. :lol: at your dumb ass.

Also, for distances such as marathons there is growing evidence to support carbing up 2 nights before the race then a lighter carb rich meal the night before. "Carbing up" works and should be practiced.

I've been running a lot lately. Signed up to do the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in July, and over Memorial Day Weekend I'm doing the Soldier Field Shuffle, a 10 mile race where you end on the 50 yard line.
Good luck.

Finished in 34:16...missed my target by 1:16...but happy with it overall. Not bad for my first race i suppose.
Adjust your training.

So I'm in my first day of half marathon training. Was supposed to do three miles. Keep in mind that my fastest 5k time is 33:30. I did the three miles in 29:37.

Yea me.
What plan are you using?

Last edited:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has anyone ever ran in the new Asics GEL-Nimbus? I'm looking to get a new pair in a few weeks and have never worn these. I've had a few pairs of Asics in the past and liked them a lot.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone ever ran in the new Asics GEL-Nimbus? I'm looking to get a new pair in a few weeks and have never worn these. I've had a few pairs of Asics in the past and liked them a lot.

I don't run the Nimbus'

I run the Gel 30 series(3020, 3030/3040?).

I like those a lot. In the next week I'm going to be getting the Gel Neo 33's. I've never run the Nimbus' but have heard good things.

Nike and Asic's are really the only running shoes I'll even look at buying.

Since you're a bigger runner I'd go with the Asica 3030's but that's just me.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I don't run the Nimbus'

I run the Gel 30 series(3020, 3030/3040?).

I like those a lot. In the next week I'm going to be getting the Gel Neo 33's. I've never run the Nimbus' but have heard good things.

Nike and Asic's are really the only running shoes I'll even look at buying.

I am disappoint with all the gay run talk.

:obama:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also disagrees with the notion that if you lift weights for muscle gain/fat loss that you're bodybuilding.

So basically never listen to anything Crys says about exercise ever?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
LOL @ you two. Bored at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.