Crosstown Classic Ending

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt it happens since their is going to be year round interleague play starting next year. I would love to see a balanced schedule, but I doubt they will do that anytime soon. That said I wouldn't mind an end to it since major league baseball and White Sox fans :)troll:) tell me that I need to care about it. Cubs-Cardinals is and will always be a much bigger deal to me.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's too bad. I was hoping that the Cubs could win that stupid trophy at least once :lol:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It leads to an unbalanced schedule so getting rid of it would be a good thing

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It leads to an unbalanced schedule so getting rid of it would be a good thing

No I want a truly balanced schedule if interleague is going to be year round. I want to play the White Sox every year, but I want to play every other team as well.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt it happens since their is going to be year round interleague play starting next year. I would love to see a balanced schedule, but I doubt they will do that anytime soon. That said I wouldn't mind an end to it since major league baseball and White Sox fans :)troll:) tell me that I need to care about it. Cubs-Cardinals is and will always be a much bigger deal to me.

all casual fans from both sides do

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I want a truly balanced schedule if interleague is going to be year round. I want to play the White Sox every year, but I want to play every other team as well.
That's true, that would be fine.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think it'd be great to play every team every season like they do in the NHL and NBA. However, the NL needs to adopt the DH first for simplicity reasons

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah, I think it'd be great to play every team every season like they do in the NHL and NBA. However, the NL needs to adopt the DH first for simplicity reasons

Or AL needs to drop it, but the PA would freak out.

They should just have a DH in the lineup but he doesn't replace another player, that would be a compromise, no?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'd never do a 10-man lineup. It would change the way the lineup turns over. They're more likely to adopt the DH than anything.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Continue the series, but make it a one-game exhibition like it used to be. That way, no one cares and the game doesn't count. Have Jim Sundberg pitch for the Cubs every year.

The full-season interleague pretty much ensures that whatever game they play (one game, three-game series etc) does count, but basically since they're in different leagues it doesn't matter except for fans who have complexes. The series with the Cards and other in-division rivals will obviously count much more and that's the way it should be.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Every regular season game should count just as much as any other

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every regular season game should count just as much as any other

Of course, but each game is 1/162nd of the puzzle. The 15-18 the Cubs play against their division rivals are much more important as an aggregate than the three or whatever played against the White Sox.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
It would be like inter-conference play in the NHL and NBA, it doesn't mean a whole lot in the standings but it's fun to play teams that you don't play against much.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They just need to play a 3 game series every year. One year at wrigley, the next at US Cellular, etc...

bbaker

Liked Posts:
They just need to play a 3 game series every year. One year at wrigley, the next at US Cellular, etc...

I was just about to post this exact suggestion but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to "copy" anyone. :beer:

herky

Liked Posts:
What would be great is if they got rid of the DH and played the game the way it was meant to be played. And while they are at it allow(should say the pitchers need to grow some balls) the pitchers to throw inside more without the fear of being warned by the umpire the first time he hits someone. The players use to police themselves once upon a time and didn't rely on an ump to determine what was intentional. Also it would be nice that the world series was played between two teams that have not played one another like the NL and the AL was meant to be.

Last edited:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would be great is if they got rid of the DH and played the game the way it was meant to be played. And while they are at it allow(should say the pitchers need to grow some balls) the pitchers to throw inside more without the fear of being warned by the umpire the first time he hits someone. The players use to police themselves once upon a time and didn't rely on an ump to determine what was intentional. Also it would be nice that the world series was played between two teams that have not played one another like the NL and the AL was meant to be.

That was so, like, 20 years ago man.