• Poll closed .

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

ATL.png
vs.
CHC.png

Atlanta Braves (18-11)______ Chicago Cubs (11-17)

Chicago, Illinois

wrigle02.jpg

480x200_wrigley_field.jpg

Monday May 7, 2012 7:05 PM CT
TV:
WCIU.png
Radio:
WGNRadio.png

i
vs.
i

Tommy Hanson (3-2, 3.74 ERA) __________________ Jeff Samardzija (3-1, 3.41 ERA)

Tuesday May 8, 2012 7:05 PM CT
TV:
WGNTV.png
Radio:
WGNRadio.png

i
vs.
i

Randall Delgado (2-3, 5.14 ERA) __________________ Ryan Dempster (0-1, 0.95 ERA)

Wednesday May 9, 2012 1:20 PM CT
TV:
CSNChicago-1.png
Radio:
WGNRadio.png

i
vs.
i

Tim Hudson (1-0, 6.55 ERA) __________________ Paul Maholm (3-2, 5.13 ERA)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck the U has Shark's start. I can't watch the game I want to see the most.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think only one win. Braves have a pretty good offense. Hard to shut those guys out while waiting for our own offense to wake up.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go with 2 wins actually. The three guys going for us have been throwing the ball really well their last few starts. Delgado and Hudson have been struggling, and I think Cardenas gets the call and provides another decent bat in the lineup.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Samardzija is pitching way over his head.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he has that splitter working like he has the past couple of games, he can dominate just about any lineup. That said it is a pitch that is somewhat notorious for losing the feel of from time to time.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the outlook on Valbuena and Cardenas? Looking at their numbers, they are doing pretty well in Iowa. Are these guys part of the future in Chicago or are they stopgaps?

Have they been called up before to the Cubs?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the outlook on Valbuena and Cardenas?
Cardenas is a former 1st rounder and top 100 pick that never caught on with Oakland. Valbuena is a guy that has put up good numbers in AAA that has never had success in the majors.
Looking at their numbers, they are doing pretty well in Iowa.
They both have. The question with Cardenas has been about his glove. The games I've seen he has looked fine at 2B, but I will be honest that I haven't watched in a while. Valbuena has put up good numbers in AAA before as well.
Are these guys part of the future in Chicago or are they stopgaps?
I think they both fit into the mold of Ian Stewart/Chris Volstad. They are low risk pickups that they are rolling the dice on. Both are young enough to put it together and be productive major leaguers, but neither is a lock for that to happen.

Have they been called up before to the Cubs?
No

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cardenas is a former 1st rounder and top 100 pick that never caught on with Oakland. Valbuena is a guy that has put up good numbers in AAA that has never had success in the majors.They both have. The question with Cardenas has been about his glove. The games I've seen he has looked fine at 2B, but I will be honest that I haven't watched in a while. Valbuena has put up good numbers in AAA before as well.
I think they both fit into the mold of Ian Stewart/Chris Volstad. They are low risk pickups that they are rolling the dice on. Both are young enough to put it together and be productive major leaguers, but neither is a lock for that to happen.

No

Valbuena was up with the Cubs before... Opening Day and then sent down.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
No Volstad? Cubs sweep :sweep:

MWhitney

Liked Posts:
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but...

Did anyone tape or DVR the Sunday, May 6 game vs. the Dodgers?

In the 4th inning, Alfonso Soriano hit a foul ball into the camera well above first base. When the WGN cameraman flipped the ball to my son, apparently it was shown on the broadcast (kudos to the photog for "giving it to a kid").

If anyone has this recorded - happened at roughly 5:20 p.m. or so - please contact me know at marcgwhitney@yahoo.com.

Thanks and go Cubs!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cardenas called up, Wood back down.

I really hope he plays most days at 2B. Barney been awfull and Cubs need to find some hitters past the 4 hole. Top of order been good but bottom part has been awfull. I know his DEF is suspect but if Cubs have lead late in games just bring in Barney to replace him at 2B..

Also i liked what i saw out of Wood yesterday. His velocity was alot better then it was in ST. I think he should have spot over Volstad right now. Puts two LH in the rotation and move Volstad to RP. He could be guy you call upon when team needs a double play

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect Cardenas to get the start today at 3B since I am guessing Stewart is still sick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few starts there until the illness bug passes the clubhouse. Expect defense to be a bit of an adventure at 3B. I am hoping he will see some regular at bats at second base once Stewart is healthy though.